Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Fallen

3rdnlng

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They want to wait to announce her status until 2020 is underway so they can Garland the next nom. 

it's not going to change until November 2020 at the earliest....

GOP Senate will take any nomination of the GEOTUS

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

it's not going to change until November 2020 at the earliest....

GOP Senate will take any nomination of the GEOTUS

Oh, I agree they will. I'm just saying that seems to be the RBG plan on the left. She's being hidden to preserve her job. Another replacement on SCOTUS by Trump would be check mate for the uniparty. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oh, I agree they will. I'm just saying that seems to be the RBG plan on the left. She's being hidden to preserve her job. Another replacement on SCOTUS by Trump would be check mate for the uniparty. 

The Dems have forgotten that they couldn't get in that SC justice because the GOP had a majority in the Senate?

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

The Dems have forgotten that they couldn't get in that SC justice because the GOP had a majority in the Senate?

I don't think they've forgotten as much as they don't care. With the media behind them, they can raise a HUGE stink about any nomination coming in 2020. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't think they've forgotten as much as they don't care. With the media behind them, they can raise a HUGE stink about any nomination coming in 2020. 

Absolutely. They have set the precedent to move any narrative regardless of facts.

Journalism standards no longer begin with the 5 Ws, but the 1 If.

"If true..."

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

but the votes will be 53 Yes and 47 Nay at the worst

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, row_33 said:

but the votes will be 53 Yes and 47 Nay at the worst

I think you're probably correct - but enough media pressure would bring that number down a bit. Mittens wouldn't vote with Trump, for example. If the media pressure is intense enough, some of the more "moderate" Rs might start to wobble. 

They'd need to flip two more besides Mitt though, that's a tough order - but not impossible.

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think you're probably correct - but enough media pressure would bring that number down a bit. Mittens wouldn't vote with Trump, for example. If the media pressure is intense enough, some of the more "moderate" Rs might start to wobble. 

They'd need to flip two more besides Mitt though, that's a tough order - but not impossible.

I believe there are always 4-5 Democrats who are decent folk and vote common sense on votes that will matter.

It would be better, especially for a woman Justice.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Well, if she isn't already dead, she's knock, knock, knocking on Death's door. I seriously doubt she has the stamina and faculties to carry out the duties of her office. 

She The situation is a pickle.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:56 AM, Foxx said:

RBG has developed complications with pneumonia and is fighting for her life? the outlet that first reported she had lung cancer is now reporting she is deathly ill.

Stricken with Pneumonia, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Cancels Event Set for January 29, 2019

... Following surgery, she has developed complications including pneumonia. Pneumonia often afflicts elderly post surgery patients in the US, since antibiotics have resulted in Multi Resistant Strains of the lung infection. ...

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hmmm

seems that article from the outlet that first reported her lung cancer may have correct.

• Like (+1) 1

this is like when General Secretary Andropov died and the USSR couldn't admit it for a few weeks???

He wouldn't have made a plausible ring opponent for Reagan in the 2 Tribes video by Frankie GtH.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Unknown sources say she's at an unknown hospital for unknown reasons.

Buzzfeed must be beside themselves with jealousy.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Completely agree that this should be viewed with a HUGE grain of salt for those exact reasons. 

That was quick.

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

this is like when General Secretary Andropov died and the USSR couldn't admit it for a few weeks???

He wouldn't have made a plausible ring opponent for Reagan in the 2 Tribes video by Frankie GtH.

The Soviet leadership at the time no doubt sent the Democrats a copy of that playbook titled "When a leader flatlines."  No doubt that a first edition is still with Ted Kennedy's personal effects.  By the way those claiming inside information claim that Andropov's "cold" was actually a coup inside the Soviet leadership.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

Well, if she isn't already dead, she's knock, knock, knocking on Death's door. I seriously doubt she has the stamina and faculties to carry out the duties of her office. 

We'll find out on the 5th, because if she is not well enough to attend the SOTU, even the leftist media will have something to say about it because second only to their commitment to the left is their inability to maintain any type of composure when it's time to freak out. The leftist media freaks out with the best of them.

She's already proven she's willing to sit there if she can sleep the entire time.

image.jpeg.707fa38e93f74ba8a91488f33e42813a.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Completely agree that this should be viewed with a HUGE grain of salt for those exact reasons. 

Saw an article this morning, too, about her calling from home the cast of the RBG movie about their awards.  So if she's dying, it's really sudden.

Unless...they were giving her clone a trial run.  :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Saw an article this morning, too, about her calling from home the cast of the RBG movie about their awards.  So if she's dying, it's really sudden.

Unless...they were giving her clone a trial run.  :ph34r:

During the call, did they report if she sounded like Stephen Hawking?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

mock it but they were the first to report that she had lung cancer way back when.

Actually I thought you were just shooting the bull. I was not aware of that, thanks. 

Where RBG is concerned, it just seems to me that there comes a time when they send someone to scrape your name off the frosty glass window on your door.  Happens one way or the other. 

I don't wish anything bad for her, in fact I'm kinda neutral there. She's had an amazing career, she seems at face value to be a woman that other woman can look up to, and it's been a good run. Still, one way or the other its probably time to go. 

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Actually I thought you were just shooting the bull. I was not aware of that, thanks. 

Where RBG is concerned, it just seems to me that there comes a time when they send someone to scrape your name off the frosty glass window on your door.  Happens one way or the other. 

I don't wish anything bad for her, in fact I'm kinda neutral there. She's had an amazing career, she seems at face value to be a woman that other woman can look up to, and it's been a good run. Still, one way or the other its probably time to go. 

makes sense

not sure sense is on the table

20 more months to keep with this charade if they insist

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

agreed, i don't wish any ill upon her, lord knows she got an uphill battle as it is.

the thing is, i don't trust the Dems (or Repubs, for that matter) any farther than I can throw 'em. I would not put a 'weekend at Bernie's scenario past them in any way, shape or form. if we thought the Kavanaugh hearing/shitshow was something, we aint seen anything yet. the whole Covington Catholics was a preemptive move on their behalf to  move against Amy Barret.  if Trump gets to appoint another SCJ, the only recourse they will have will be to try and raise the number of jurists to 18 or so and i'm sure that planning is already in the works.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Foxx said:

agreed, i don't wish any ill upon her, lord knows she got an uphill battle as it is.

the thing is, i don't trust the Dems (or Repubs, for that matter) any farther than I can throw 'em. I would not put a 'weekend at Bernie's scenario past them in any way, shape or form. if we thought the Kavanaugh hearing/shitshow was something, we aint seen anything yet. the whole Covington Catholics was a preemptive move on their behalf to  move against Amy Barret.  if Trump gets to appoint another SCJ, the only recourse they will have will be to try and raise the number of jurists to 18 or so and i'm sure that planning is already in the works.

they are not going to fake that she is still alive if she has croaked

incapacity is another matter, since the Dems have been stating that Trump is clearly unfit mentally or psychiatrically or physically, the bar must be pretty low by now.

17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I could see RBG being put on permanent life support, even if she were to be clinically brain dead, so they could claim she was alive and that Trump can't nominate a replacement.

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I could see RBG being put on permanent life support, even if she were to be clinically brain dead, so they could claim she was alive and that Trump can't nominate a replacement.

not sure what the handbook or policy manual says about this

who was the last Justice kept on the court to this level of 100% cynicism?