College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I hear you. I can’t really bad mouth them... they are playing their hearts out 

and I do love UB athletics and SU basketball as much as the Bills too. I have grown up with all... I hate when they lose

You guys will be fine with Beilein.. he understands guards win in March like Boeheim... you mentioned Morris , Burke and Walton... having very good PGs consistently can make you spoiled

SU has gone through Gerry McNamara, Jonny Flynn, Michael carter Williams and Tyler Ennis.. with a bunch of other good ones

it spoils you

UB had an AMAZING season, but unfortunately Oates is moving on. They sure as all h*** seem to be hitting on coaches so hopefully they make the right call once again. I guess you could say Syracuse underachieved by their standards, but it wasn't a disastrous season. UM wasn't as good as their start indicated, so a sweet 16 loss shouldn't be considered a "failure." And looking at SU's list, Boeheim most certainly understands the value of a PG. Both programs definitely spoiled in that regard. The reality is that there's going to be disappointment for all but one team every single year. Beilein isn't getting any younger and I'd love to see him get a title before he's done. Boeheim has been there and done that.

21 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

UB had an AMAZING season, but unfortunately Oates is moving on. They sure as all h*** seem to be hitting on coaches so hopefully they make the right call once again. I guess you could say Syracuse underachieved by their standards, but it wasn't a disastrous season. UM wasn't as good as their start indicated, so a sweet 16 loss shouldn't be considered a "failure." And looking at SU's list, Boeheim most certainly understands the value of a PG. Both programs definitely spoiled in that regard. The reality is that there's going to be disappointment for all but one team every single year. Beilein isn't getting any younger and I'd love to see him get a title before he's done. Boeheim has been there and done that.

If Beilein wants that title, every team needs a little luck along the way 

but he also needs to get wings that can create

Tyus Battle was a original UM recruit... keep him on that roster and you guys are still balling and a legitimate title contender..  he can also play PG in a pinch

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, sherpa said:

The Ducks played well.

Virginia is a very good finisher though.

Not happy their threes aren't dropping and they got nothing from the bench tonight.

they didn't make enough shots?

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

If Beilein wants that title, every team needs a little luck along the way 

but he also needs to get 2 guards and wings that can create

Tyus Battle was a original UM recruit... keep him on that roster and you guys are still balling and a legitimate title contender

Aubrey Dawkins transferred because his dad got the UCF gig! Wagner went to the NBA too early IMO. We(UM) always seem to have premature NBA attrition which is weird because JB never lands top recruits. I attribute that to his coaching. Jordan Poole and the white guy with the funny hair could both leave early. Imagine that! I remember losing out on Battle as well. Tremendous player.  Coulda woulda shoulda. It is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Aubrey Dawkins transferred because his dad got the UCF gig! Wagner went to the NBA too early IMO. We(UM) always seem to have premature NBA attrition which is weird because JB never lands top recruits. I attribute that to his coaching. Jordan Poole and the white guy with the funny hair could both leave early. Imagine that! I remember losing out on Battle as well. Tremendous player.  Coulda woulda shoulda. It is what it is. 

Losing players early SUCKS but it means you got a good coach.

many recruits leave SU too early as well... but... like the old saying... strike while the iron is hot

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Why did they make the VT kid pass a drug test to prove he didn’t smoke marijuana ? 

Tough test for old steady Luke Maye and the Heels tonite.  

Luke May exits one last time. I’ll never forget the dynamic Tar Heel duo with him and James Worthy.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Auburn point guards took Coby Whites lunch money.   

Congrats to Bruce Pearl and Auburn.    Good looking squad.   

Yeah that was a tough one.  Didn't help that both Nassir Little and Cam Johnson were sick with the flu but Auburn is a damn good team.

Gonzaga, please try to play a real team next year before the Elite Eight.

you don’t come to early tournies, you have a cupcake conference and you got beaten throughly in its tourney 

you are gifted two cupcakes to start March Madness

either play somebody or have the NCAA put you at #6 at best because you never play good teams

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Death,  Taxes, Gonzaga losing.

Death at 100+, taxes in the highest bracket (after all possible deductions), and losing in the Elite 8. 

Life could be worse. Not actually a Zags fan (and always curious how they manage to retain Mark Few), but life could be worse. 

?

Refs need to be more invisible! 

• Thank you (+1) 1