Gary Kubiak for OC Next Season?

Just a thought that I had. McDermott needs to find a guy that can let him be more "hands off," for lack of a better term, on offense. McDermott knows defense, and seems to have the right leadership skills to be a HC. But we need someone who truly can run the whole show on that side of the ball to let McD do what he does best. Kubiak just seems to be the guy that would fit that, as he's run a full team, so could run the offense quite well. 

Not sure he'd take the job, or if we'd be interested. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

ok..I read something different but not a big deal....he's not coming to Buffalo

...it was a combination of health issues, which included his mini-stroke....you're correct bud....:thumbsup:

By Kevin Patra

• Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Jan. 2, 2017 at 09:58 a.m.
  • Updated: Jan. 2, 2017 at 01:22 p.m.

Denver Broncos coach Gary Kubiak announced his retirement from coaching Monday, citing his health as the main factor in the decision.

"As I told our team last night, this is an extremely difficult decision to step down as head coach. I love to work and I love football, but ultimately the demands of the job are no longer a good fit for me," Kubiak said in a statement Monday morning. "I gave everything I had to this team the last two seasons, but this year, in particular, has been tough on me. As hard as it is to leave this position, I know that it's the best thing for myself, my family and the Denver Broncos."

Kubiak, 55, was diagnosed with a complex migraine condition earlier this season, which required hospitalization (he missed one game). He also suffered a mini-stroke back in 2013 as the head coach of the Houston Texans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not sure a Super Bowl winning HC wants to be Sean McDermott’s OC. If Kubiak is healthy enough to coach he will be a HC. 

IDK. He said he wanted to OC because HC'ing is too much on him physically. It's been speculated he'd OC for Denver when he's healthy enough.

54 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Just a thought that I had. McDermott needs to find a guy that can let him be more "hands off," for lack of a better term, on offense. McDermott knows defense, and seems to have the right leadership skills to be a HC. But we need someone who truly can run the whole show on that side of the ball to let McD do what he does best. Kubiak just seems to be the guy that would fit that, as he's run a full team, so could run the offense quite well. 

Not sure he'd take the job, or if we'd be interested. Just thought I'd throw it out 

I was thinking bout something like this but instead of Kubiak how bout Arians. Hire Arians make him assistant HC/QB/OC coach. Give him full autonmy of the offense even let him help choosing the players we get in the draft and free agency on offense. 

Arians is a perfect coach to develop Allen. His system is custom made for him with all those intermediate and deep passes in his offense. He also helped develop QBs such as Big Ben & Luck and he also had a big influence on rejuvenating Carson Palmers career. 

This is a no brainer even if u have to fire Mcd to do it. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I was thinking bout something like this but instead of Kubiak how bout Arians. Hire Arians make him assistant HC/QB/OC coach. Give him full autonmy of the offense even let him help choosing the players we get in the draft and free agency on offense. 

Arians is a perfect coach to develop Allen. His system is custom made for him with all those intermediate and deep passes in his offense. He also helped develop QBs such as Big Ben & Luck and he also had a big influence on rejuvenating Carson Palmers career. 

This is a no brainer even if u have to fire Mcd to do it. 

I like this idea. Basically that's what I was getting at. Kubiak was just the first name that came to mind that didn't already have a HC job at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Kubiak will take over the Broncos when they fire Vance Joseph. I think Joseph was hired because he was the easiest guy to fire once Kubiak wants to come back. 

Not true, they're good friends. They hired him so Kubiak can become his OC when/if he's healthy. Problem is Kubiak never became healthy enough to become his OC.

• Thank you (+1) 1