It could actually be worse...2019 draft qbs aren’t to good

Looking over the top prospect qbs for next year...Herbert,Thorsen,Finley, Haskins, none of these guys are having particularly great seasons. With only Herbert looking like a first rounder..the jury may still be out of Josh(even though I think he’s gonna be great). Be thankful we don’t have to enter the draft having to reach for one of these guys...cause the only guy who looks like he’s helped himself is Will Greer and he’s looked at as 2-3 rounder at best 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

I like Josh and think he will be very good. But in reference to these guys, gimme Haskins all day, lot of Big Ben traits. Big but mobile enough to buy time in the pocket. Very accurate short and intermediate, perfect fit for the modern NFL

14 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Looking over the top prospect qbs for next year...Herbert,Thorsen,Finley, Haskins, none of these guys are having particularly great seasons. With only Herbert looking like a first rounder..the jury may still be out of Josh(even though I think he’s gonna be great). Be thankful we don’t have to enter the draft having to reach for one of these guys...cause the only guy who looks like he’s helped himself is Will Greer and he’s looked at as 2-3 rounder at best 

Herbert looks f-ing fantastic, if he comes out.

Now folks are saying he may not.

I'd draft him in a heartbeat if I could.

8 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Still shudder at the 2013 franchise pick made of EJ at #16, which we all knew was a reach but it was slim pickins that year too

We did the same thing last year with Allen, just not as egregiously.

33 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Herbert looks f-ing fantastic, if he comes out.

Now folks are saying he may not.

I'd draft him in a heartbeat if I could.

We did the same thing last year with Allen, just not as egregiously.

I agree he is the best of the bunch but He also just lost last week 44-15 to a very bad  Arizona team.. Herbert isn’t even as good as Mariotta if we where to go strictly by Oregon qbs 

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

For the Toronto Argonauts?

Uhhhh, no, not the Argonauts.  You should pay closer attention to him, he looks phenomenal.  And he basically has been putting up all his numbers in 3 quarters per game.

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

A lot of people say that Drew Lock is an NFL prospect.

Either way, quarterback is not what we need to be focusing on in next year's draft.

while qb may not be what we need, i think a bunch of us (myself included) are still hoping that the hype machine will make somebody want to jump up and give us a bunch of picks for our spot to draft one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Oh I'm sure there'll be mid-late round surprises at QB... This team needs to hire a competent OC first and foremost, then an effective  O-line coach... After that, they need the two best Offensive linemen in the draft... Then the best TE... Everything starts up front in the trenches.

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I agree he is the best of the bunch but He also just lost last week 44-15 to a very bad  Arizona team.. Herbert isn’t even as good as Mariotta if we where to go strictly by Oregon qbs 

Herbert is not as good a college qb as Mariota, but he could be a better pro prospect.  (Mariota was one of the best college QBs ever.)  Herbert is a little bigger, not quite as fast, and has a better arm.  

He has looked very good this year, but has had some less than stellar games, as you point out.  I have heard he might not come out this year, but if he’s the top QB prospect he’ll be pushed up the board and it will be tough to return to school.  

7 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

while qb may not be what we need, i think a bunch of us (myself included) are still hoping that the hype machine will make somebody want to jump up and give us a bunch of picks for our spot to draft one. 

I'm fine with that.

If the Bills end up with a Top 5 pick, then we should definitely look into trading down. We need as many picks as we can get.

9 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm fine with that.

If the Bills end up with a Top 5 pick, then we should definitely look into trading down. We need as many picks as we can get.

This is not their M.O. They have time and time again packaged picks to move up for "their guys." I expect them to get 4 quality players out of all those picks they have