Everyone that wanted TT gone, we told you

Dadonkadonk

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Super Effing Duper HAPPY that turd has been flushed.

He can’t even start for the Browns????

? ? ??

To be fair, the Browns did draft a QB 1st overall in the draft and those guys do tend to get the chance to start very early in their careers and continue to get the chances to start because of where they were taken.

It's not like Baker has been head and shoulders better and won the job because he outplayed anyone. He was the 1st pick in the draft, he was going to start

• Thank you (+1) 1

Are usually try to maintain and even keel on my post. Also, I have not read any other post. However, this thread is completely asinine!!

Are usually try to keep an even keel on my posts. Also, I have not read any other post on this thread. It’s not necessary. 

This premise is completely asinine. It boggles my mind that there was any negative out there at all these days that   Taylor was anything but horrid!! 

Everyone, I have to believe, is familiar with is cornucopia of negative traits as a quarterback. Ultimately, they add up to one big negative: Taylor has been, is an always will be a complete loser. He cannot win games. He is Mr. “ three and out.“ Why doesn’t anyone who supports him seem to remember that for the last five games of the regular season he could not  lead the team to a fourth quarter TD when they made the playoff run. It was the defense playing it hard out and yes, good coaching, but got us there   with a little luck. And, the same thing happened in the playoffs. The defense, again, played it’s heart  out. That game was easily winnable with even a smidgen of offense from our completely loser quarterback!

Throw in the fact that he is selfish and narcissistic. He actually thinks he’s great and is a true top quality NFL starting quarterback? He would’ve been a horrible mentor to Allen. 

Getting rid of him was absolutely necessary for this team to MoveOn. I don’t care what’s phappening this year with the offense. It had to be done. Although personally, I think Alan has some significant upside and look forward to washing him develop. 

In a nutshell, in the whole scheme of things,Taylor sucks 1000%. I know some of you will not heed this advice but, please let it go. I’m getting tired enough about the whining about we didn’t draft Mahomes when we had the chance. Sheesh!

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

SAME case with Darnold I like that point you bring up. If Darnold hypothetically is HOF and Allen is bust it's ultimately the combo of not being in an easy trade to go so far up for Darnold and being absolutely wrong in Allen. (not ideal position and poor drafting). < These are hypotheticals folks was never high on Darnold personally.

True, but my point is even if we wanted Allen over Darnold we don't have to give up Cordy Glenn and two 2nd round picks to get him if we finished poorly last year.  It's always an interesting debate when it comes to tanking.  Depends on where you're at as an organization and what the draft class looks like the next year.  With a strong quarterback class in last year's draft, it would've been advantageous of us to have a bad year.  

With two stud defensive prospects in the top two this year, it would be nice to have a shot at one of them (or see if a team is willing to trade up for one of them).  If it means not winning meaningless games at home against the Jets and Dolphins in December.....I'm fine with that.

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

They may not have won SBs, but they are a playoff team drafting in the later half of the draft. They had also handicapped themselves by not using FA as much and focused on their own players. And that great QB was passed over by almost the entire league before being drafted.

Which shows how effective all this scouting is at determining who will be a great QB. At the end of the day flip a coin.

2 hours ago, Pablocruise said:

it  amazes me how people  are calling for Beane's and McDermott's heads with the "I told you so" rant . The Pegulas bought into this process,and painful as it is, this is not unexpected. Their plan, they dont consult us. Why are we still talking about Taylor? Bills obviously thought he had limited  upside and  not worth the 18 million  he would have cost them. The Wood and Incognito retirements would have affected Taylor as well, and I  doubt he would have accomplished much with  this inferior bunch. ; fans would  be  complaining about him scrambling all the time and not throwing downfield. He's gone, riding the bench, got little or no trade interest, so let's move on. 

Losses may have been expected, but not a historically inept offence that we have been seeing. I dont think there wod be as many calls for Beane and McDermotts head if the team looked somewhat competitive and just needing a couple pieces to hopefully get those wins.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

True, but my point is even if we wanted Allen over Darnold we don't have to give up Cordy Glenn and two 2nd round picks to get him if we finished poorly last year.  It's always an interesting debate when it comes to tanking.  Depends on where you're at as an organization and what the draft class looks like the next year.  With a strong quarterback class in last year's draft, it would've been advantageous of us to have a bad year.  

With two stud defensive prospects in the top two this year, it would be nice to have a shot at one of them (or see if a team is willing to trade up for one of them).  If it means not winning meaningless games at home against the Jets and Dolphins in December.....I'm fine with that.

Your assuming that they only have up Glen to get the picks to move up for Allen, when for all we know they would have gotten rid of him anyway

I think the title is wrong.  I think if were titled "Everyone that thought anyone would be better then Tyrod, we told you".  I don't think anyone would argue then.  Not everyone that wanted Tyrod gone thought he was the worst option at QB.  Just...not good enough either.

What I don’t get is why didn’t we keep Tyrod and use him to mentor Allen. 

Tyrod is a veteran with like 10 years in the league; he would be as good as anyone, especially Derek Anderson. And maybe this season would be more fun to watch. I always liked Tyrod toughness and heart.

Did we really have to kick him to the curb when all we really needed was a mentor for Allen? We could have had both. 

47 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Tyrod is a veteran with like 10 years in the league; he would be as good as anyone, especially Derek Anderson. And maybe this season would be more fun to watch. I always liked Tyrod toughness and heart.

Did we really have to kick him to the curb when all we really needed was a mentor for Allen? We could have had both. 

That would be fine but the problem is they neglected every other position on the O and did nothing about it coming into this season......its hard for ANY QB to do anything in this mess.....and to top it off McStupid puts all his chips in on Peterman and ignores everyother position.........this is why we are week after week the laughing stock of the NFL........

55 minutes ago, Idandria said:

He was traded for two reasons...

-Save $16Mil in cap space for this year so that they could have space to buy the meagre Free Agent acquisitions that they did this offseason...

-Pick 65 in the draft...

Not many people were complaining in March when the deal was done to trade him, in fact some of the brain surgeons here were saying to just cut him as no other team would give up a draft pick for him...

Edited by Aussie Joe

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Long term they are far better. Short term it sucks. No doubt about it. But I'd rather suck really bad for a year or two to get enough good playera early in the draft to become good than to be mediocre for 17. We already saw how that worked out for us. 

This remains to be seen.

I know I'm in the minority, but I would rather once we got playoffs and 2 winning season in last 4 years we try to remain competitive and add talent instead of dumping talent for possible maybes.   Last year made the playoffs and were 7 points short of advancing.  it's not like we've been going 4-12 for the last 4 years.  Try to make the playoffs 2 years in a row.

I know 90 mil blah blah blah.  Not buying it. 

55 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This remains to be seen.

I know I'm in the minority, but I would rather once we got playoffs and 2 winning season in last 4 years we try to remain competitive and add talent instead of dumping talent for possible maybes.   Last year made the playoffs and were 7 points short of advancing.  it's not like we've been going 4-12 for the last 4 years.  Try to make the playoffs 2 years in a row.

I know 90 mil blah blah blah.  Not buying it. 

Advancing to what? Getting your face smashed in by the Patriots? Whats the point? That type of success was not sustainable.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

Advancing to what? Getting your face smashed in by the Patriots? Whats the point?

Good idea.  Let's put on sackcloth and ashes and crawl into a hole and sing woe is us.

Come on man, is this what we've come to?  We don't even want to win?

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Good idea.  Let's put on sackcloth and ashes and crawl into a hole and sing woe is us.

Come on man, is this what we've come to?  We don't even want to win?

No its called accepting that what you currently have as constructed isn't good enough and likely never will be.

It would be like a house that was built wrong and realizing you need to tear it down amd rebuild it because it will never pass inspection. 

Whether they build it back up properly wont be known for a few years but I dont blame them for doing it. It was long overdue.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No its called accepting that what you currently have as constructed isn't good enough and likely never will be. 

Love how you state this as if it is a fact.

Here's my deal.  I think a better plan is to build the talent around the QB if you don't have won.  it is possible to win that way and have fun seasons as we saw last year and Jacksonville did too.  Always be on the lookout for a good QB and when you have a chance to get one, go for it.

This is what they Saints did.  they were  making playoffs and not advancing with Blake.  Then they got a chance to get Drees and they plugged him and were ready to take off.

We could have drafted Watson with that 10th pick for example.

As it is now we have wasted a year developing long shot Josh Allen because we have such a dearth of talent we can't even evaluate him.  He is running for his life and developing bad habits.  How does this make sense?

Didn't have to be this way.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This better work.

It is far from a guarantee.

Enjoy.

There are no guarantees in life other than death and taxes. If it doesnt work then it doesnt work and the reason will mostly be that Josh Allen turned out to not be a very good QB.

1 hour ago, bmur66 said:

This topic is the same as:

Do you ditch your girlfriend before you go looking for a hotter one or do you find a hotter one before you ditch your current girlfriend?

the ditched non-hot one turned out to be no worse than the non-hot replacment