Shady definitely in the Bills plans for 2019

I'm glad he is. But I've seen so many hockey GMs give a vote of confidence to their coach and fire him days after to put too much weight on his words :)

But still, nice to make your captain feel welcomed - and not too disappointed to not have been traded to the Eagles...

He had 80 receiving yards, played after a concussion, so hard to criticize the man, but his body language was not great last game. 

Good! However, grab the RB of the future somewhere in rounds 3 or 4. It is very possible to get a great back in that area of the draft, and then ease them in next year as you slowly transition McCoy out of the feature back role by the end of 2019. I'm thinking by the end of next year try to get McCoy about 12 carries per game while get ting the new guy about 10. Of course, Shady should start next year with about 80 to 90 percent of the touches.

20 minutes ago, nucci said:

Yet just last week he was willing to trade him for a draft pick.

Everything has a price; sometimes you list the "I really don't want to sell it price" just to see if anyone is crazy enough to give it to you. That's what Beane did. The fact is that Shady is worth more to us than his market value in terms of a trade. If someone is willing to overpay, then Beane would take the deal.

Key quote:

second to last paragraph. Proves this was not planned. 

“...teams that are not doing as well as they hoped”

”we’re trying to win here, not only now but in the future”

They expected to improve this year and look at the disaster we are in now. 

Collapsing wasn’t part of the plan!!

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Everything has a price; sometimes you list the "I really don't want to sell it price" just to see if anyone is crazy enough to give it to you. That's what Beane did. The fact is that Shady is worth more to us than his market value in terms of a trade. If someone is willing to overpay, then Beane would take the deal.

I'm glad he's still here.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Key quote:

second to last paragraph. Proves this was not planned. 

“...teams that are not doing as well as they hoped”

”we’re trying to win here, not only now but in the future”

They expected to improve this year and look at the disaster we are in now. 

Collapsing wasn’t part of the plan!!

You expect him to say "We were expecting to be horrible this year. Sucking is all part of our master plan!"

Don't believe anything you hear in these press conferences. It is all coach and GM speak.

Edited by MJS

38 minutes ago, nucci said:

Yet just last week he was willing to trade him for a draft pick.

Yeah but the bills made that price very high......that is how much they still value him.

At the end of the day I am glad they kept him....the only thing that will change my mind on that is if they release him in the offseason....then it will make NO sense to me.

We go into next offseason with our running backs being a strength......

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah but the bills made that price very high......that is how much they still value him.

At the end of the day I am glad they kept him....the only thing that will change my mind on that is if they release him in the offseason....then it will make NO sense to me.

We go into next offseason with our running backs being a strength......

So am i