Thanks Sean McDermott

Kevin1778

Just now, Kevin1778 said:

Brought the Bills back to the playoffs and and got them a home Monday Night football game all in. First in 10 years. Go Bills.

Shouldn't you be thanking Andy Dalton?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Brought the Bills back to the playoffs and and got them a home Monday Night football game all in. First in 10 years. Go Bills.

Nice...refreshing to see this wasn't a smart a** thread.  I pretty much expected it to be negative.  Although I know there will be mostly smart a** and negative comments posted though.

I still can not fathom how McD was a hero last year, beloved during Embedded as a true leader and future of this team...to somehow now hated because the offense sucks when he has absolutely no talent on the offense to work with at all in what is clearly a rebuilding year.  Yet meantime, he got the D playing strong and looking poised to be a good unit in the years to come while we spend next year retooling the offense and acquiring talent for it.  

McD and Beane have earned the benefit of the doubt for this season IMO.  Beane even said it would be a 2 year process to fix the cap...and he's done it.  He also got his QB and Edmunds too in the process plus lots of draft picks.  

Im bullish on this regime right now and wont hold this seasons offensive struggles against them and will wait and see how they retool and restock the offense this next season or two.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Shouldn't you be thanking Andy Dalton?

McDermott won 9 games. Amazed how many idiots forget this guy brought Bill's to playoffs for first time in 17years. This team got blown out in weeks 10 and 11 and didn't fold. That is coaching.

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

McDermott won 9 games. Amazed how many idiots forget this guy brought Bill's to playoffs for first time in 17years. This team got blown out in weeks 10 and 11 and didn't fold. That is coaching.

Yeah he did. 

He ended The Drought. 

We all jumped around when that Dalton pass went in. 

But, we scored 3 points in that game and it foreshadowed the offensive struggles to come. 

The Playoffs gave McDermott 2018 and 2019. 

But not a lifetime contract. 

His offense is the worst in over 30 years of data. So he gets this upcoming offseason to try and get it solved. I say this because I doubt that if we get 7 games into 2019 and the offense is scoring 11.6 ppg, that the fans are going to be silent and remember a Playoff loss two years ago. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nice...refreshing to see this wasn't a smart a** thread.  I pretty much expected it to be negative.  Although I know there will be mostly smart a** and negative comments posted though.

I still can not fathom how McD was a hero last year, beloved during Embedded as a true leader and future of this team...to somehow now hated because the offense sucks when he has absolutely no talent on the offense to work with at all in what is clearly a rebuilding year.  Yet meantime, he got the D playing strong and looking poised to be a good unit in the years to come while we spend next year retooling the offense and acquiring talent for it.  

McD and Beane have earned the benefit of the doubt for this season IMO.  Beane even said it would be a 2 year process to fix the cap...and he's done it.  He also got his QB and Edmunds too in the process plus lots of draft picks.  

Im bullish on this regime right now and wont hold this seasons offensive struggles against them and will wait and see how they retool and restock the offense this next season or two.  

...and I think 2019 will be their collective defining moment.....and probably a pivotal one as well as one of the most important ones in the last decade with ten picks and FA $$$ in the cookie jar......if we are in the SAME position next year at this time as we are in now, particularly on the offensive side, there could be some cause for concern IMO.........

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

The team had notched a 9-7 record a couple other times during the drought , but didn’t get the lucky tiebreaker. It took an oddball tiebreaker and the Dalton TD pass to make it all happen. That was totally out of MCD’s control and pure happenstance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

Honestly, I think if the Bills SOMEHOW managed a win tonight, a lot would be forgiven for this year. 

If the Bills SOMEHOW won tonight I would be willing to smoke a joint for the 1st time since the '70's.

200.gif?cid=3640f6095bc616a04b3677753627

.....if I knew someone who had any to sell and I trusted.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

What if the Bengals won that game by 10 and it wasn't on one of the last plays of the game?  Would we still need to thank Dalton for that?

It depends. If Dalton had a pedestrian day, but the Bengals returned two Flacco INTs for touchdowns it could be a different guy. Heck, Flacco may have gotten charitable donations!

20 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

Honestly, I think if the Bills SOMEHOW managed a win tonight, a lot would be forgiven for this year.  This is our superbowl I think.

I stand by what I've always said: the Bills can go 2-14, as long as the two wins are against Miami.

15 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

What if the Bengals won that game by 10 and it wasn't on one of the last plays of the game?  Would we still need to thank Dalton for that?

If we beat the Bengals when we played them we wouldn't have needed them to beat the Ravens.

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and I think 2019 will be their collective defining moment.....and probably a pivotal one as well as one of the most important ones in the last decade with ten picks and FA $$$ in the cookie jar......if we are in the SAME position next year at this time as we are in now, particularly on the offensive side, there could be some cause for concern IMO.........

As always, great post by OldTimeAFLGuy, I too believe 2019 is the defining year!

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I still can not fathom how McD was a hero last year, beloved during Embedded as a true leader and future of this team...to somehow now hated because the offense sucks when he has absolutely no talent on the offense to work with at all in what is clearly a rebuilding year. Yet meantime, he got the D playing strong and looking poised to be a good unit in the years to come while we spend next year retooling the offense and acquiring talent for it.  

I keep seeing this idea posted over and over.  Yes we have no talent on Offense, but who's fault is that?  It's entirely too convenient to say... We had to dump all the talent to free up cap space or get rid of bad attitude guys.   The bottomline is, the current regime dumped all the talent - other than Shady - and have done next to nothing to replace that talent drain.  So.. It's on them.

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah he did. 

He ended The Drought. 

We all jumped around when that Dalton pass went in. 

But, we scored 3 points in that game and it foreshadowed the offensive struggles to come. 

The Playoffs gave McDermott 2018 and 2019. 

But not a lifetime contract. 

His offense is the worst in over 30 years of data. So he gets this upcoming offseason to try and get it solved. I say this because I doubt that if we get 7 games into 2019 and the offense is scoring 11.6 ppg, that the fans are going to be silent and remember a Playoff loss two years ago. 

And...precisely.  That dumping of players has led to a historically bad offense.  It's unimaginable to think they could be this bad.  But they are.   And what's really making alot of fans, including myself, question the FO and coaching staff is that not only are we not a competitive team, we're not even showing signs of improvement or potential improvement.   The offensive side of the ball is a disgrace.  And they 100% created this offense.   So, it's not unfounded to question their competence.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Agreed very shortsighted to think it was just Dalton....it's an insult to Kyle who played his A** off against Miami for the win.

Posters here can criticize our coaches all day long, but are so narrow minded to say Andy Dalton got us in the playoffs?

If some of you want a close up look at a mindless whiner.....look in the mirror.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I keep seeing this idea posted over and over.  Yes we have no talent on Offense, but who's fault is that?  It's entirely too convenient to say... We had to dump all the talent to free up cap space or get rid of bad attitude guys.   The bottomline is, the current regime dumped all the talent - other than Shady - and have done next to nothing to replace that talent drain.  So.. It's on them.

And...precisely.  That dumping of players has led to a historically bad offense.  It's unimaginable to think they could be this bad.  But they are.   And what's really making alot of fans, including myself, question the FO and coaching staff is that not only are we not a competitive team, we're not even showing signs of improvement or potential improvement.   The offensive side of the ball is a disgrace.  And they 100% created this offense.   So, it's not unfounded to question their competence.

You just knew someone was gonna take a dump on this thread.