Let the Fire Sale Commence

H2o

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Why wouldn't Hughes be part of the long term. DEs  can play for a long time. If we can trade Benjamin and McCoy I would.

My thought on Hughes is not that he can't play for another 2 or 3 or 4 years at a high level or that I don't like him as a player, but to ask him if he truly wants to be here through all of this. He already had an episode after the Houston game. If he's not in on the rebuild, wants to go to a team in contention, and we can get a solid return maybe you make that deal? Just a thought. 

14 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

We have 6 starters from the past two drafts. White, Dawkins, Milano, Edmunds, Johnson, and Allen. Neal is depth.

A lot easier to say our gm of not even 2 years is crap, some fans are to the point they won’t even give a coach or gm a chance. One year and they want them fired

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Beane didn't draft half of those guys. And Allen won't be the best of them all. I try to be an optimist but when I read ***** like this I revert to not being one.

Beanes only been here for one draft. So far 3 starters from it already. Wish you could have picked the qb since you know how good they will all be

I haven’t been to a yard sale since I was a kid, mostly for the fear of showing up and the best thing to look at is high mileage, injured RB.

The Bills don’t have much to sell off, the good younger players aren’t going anywhere and the vets won’t get much in a trade. Is it really worth shipping out any capable players for a 6th-7th round pick and further depleting the talent Allen can work with for the 18’ season? I say just leave it alone.

16 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Omg you dont owe players anything.  McCoy is making millions upon millions of dollars.  That's his job.  So enough with the we owe him.

Furthermore, if the team (Whaley, as Fitz said in his epic FredEx Roast!) can bold face lie to Freddy and then be released days later, I think Beane can just tell Shady, "If I can get value for you, you'll be on another team. Now, I'm happy to call the team you'd like to be on, but no promises". And then, just pick up the damn phone and sell away. Benjamin, Clay, and Hughes are all guys who probably need to go in addition to Shady. RB is deep for the Bills with Ivory and Murphy and don't forget Ford on the PS for the rest of the year. 

Trade for Cooper and see who else is out there to begin to acquire talent for Allen. Also, if I'm trading or signing FAs, I'm looking at Center, WR and TE. The Draft is deeeeeeep this year for DE / Edge and DT...let that guide your hand. Use FA for the Offense, where you need immediate support for Allen. Just my .02

6 hours ago, H2o said:

My thought on Hughes is not that he can't play for another 2 or 3 or 4 years at a high level or that I don't like him as a player, but to ask him if he truly wants to be here through all of this. He already had an episode after the Houston game. If he's not in on the rebuild, wants to go to a team in contention, and we can get a solid return maybe you make that deal? Just a thought. 

Hes  always been a brat, but I think he wants to be here and I would send him to the the team that gives me the best return, can't worry about where he might want to go.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Because the offensive cornerstone pieces are not on this team. 

Maybe Josh and Dion can become those pieces long term, but they are both big question marks. 

Allen is the offensive cornerstone, it s common for rookie s to struggle, can we show some patience.

19 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Unless Allen starts tearing it up. Not sure how this team attracts any good free agents without grossly overpaying

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that yet.  We're talking about how much cap space we'll have going forward, but the free agent class is uninspiring and who in their right mind would want to come here over just about any team out there?  We might be able to pick up some good pieces, but they Bills need to absolutely crush the draft and hope to god Allen progresses to have a chance at being even close to relevant for the foreseeable future.