Canada celebrates legalization day

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You got lucky. Outlier.

Or... Very good at self-regulation.  Not many good @ that. Also came of age, educated during the dawning of the new tech.  That helps?

Lung cancer ever worry you?  Smoking that is.  Joint cough?

@ShadyBillsFan: Not directed @ You.  The above post that is.

Been smoking cigarettes even longer and much more.  

cancer worry me?    Sure but not to a point where I close myself in. 

COPD and Asthma sufferers are bothered by cigarette smoke, but smoking pot is very medicinal for them and helps them breath better. 

the wonders of mother nature

Joint cough?  Sure if I take a HUGE hit that expands in my lungs...  What a RUSH... 

other than that  no.  

To be continued.  time for the drive home..  My weekend has officially started. 

9 - 80 baby 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Been smoking cigarettes even longer and much more.  

cancer worry me?    Sure but not to a point where I close myself in. 

COPD and Asthma sufferers are bothered by cigarette smoke, but smoking pot is very medicinal for them and helps them breath better. 

the wonders of mother nature

Joint cough?  Sure if I take a HUGE hit that expands in my lungs...  What a RUSH... 

other than that  no.  

To be continued.  time for the drive home..  My weekend has officially started. 

9 - 80 baby 

That's right... I forgot.  LoL...  Carry on My Wayward Son, there will peace when You are done.  Burn one down for me.

And don't cry for me... I will remember:

Said, said, said, I remember when-a we used to sit
In the government yard in Trenchtown
And then Georgie would make the fire lights, I seh
A log wood burnin' through the night
Then we would cook cornmeal porridge, I seh
Of which I'll share with you
My feet is my only carriage
And so I've got to push on through
But while I'm gone

Everything's gonna be all right!!!

?

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Again. $$$$$ escaped the drawbacks?  Would You agree with this?

Being well compensated, some would say too over-compensated has to be a factor.

The Guy that wrecks his body for pennies would tend to abuse the drug more? Say struggling to pay bills, escapes a little deeper with even more people in her sphere exposed to an unsafe action.

How do You differentiate between the two.  Who do You test if You test at all.

Frankly, I don't want my cabbie or my oncologist needing to be self-medicated.  But that's just me.

Oh, I get it.  Yet, the world needs order.  Chaos doesn't work.

Yet the perceived "order" seems to cause most of the chaos. Ironic

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's not always the same as a glass of wine.  It is for the elites.

I view as a personal weakness... Pot that is.  Not to say I have never partaken. I view tobacco as the same.  I don't view alcohol, there is some nutritional value.  Now edibles I could come around to.  But, then again, you are medicating food.  Why?

Are people really that stressed out.  Recreational now?  I can see medical purposes.  Pain, glaucoma, etc...  I find it shallow for recreational purposes more so than alcohol.

Maybe it's that alcoholism that I have been exposed to.  I am NOT a teetotaler or will I be a Weedtotaler.

People will invariably go over board and culture will have to shift back.

Ex...you don’t find alcohol as a personal weakness because there’s nutritional value?  It’s literally the worst of the drugs that you listed, and the damage it does to your body is wildly significant. That’s such a strange comment. I would much rather a family member have a pot problem vs an alcohol problem. Alcohol withdrawal alone can kill you. 

1 minute ago, teef said:

Ex...you don’t find alcohol as a personal weakness because there’s nutritional value?  It’s literally the worst of the drugs that you listed, and the damage it does to your body is wildly significant. That’s such a strange comment. I would much rather a family member have a pot problem vs an alcohol problem. Alcohol withdrawal alone can kill you. 

Oh it's a personal weakness!

But there is physical dependency.  You can't have prohibition.  History goes way back... With labor, the masses.

A liquid is easier to regulate.

What's our production output gonna look like substituting pot for alcohol though?  The malaise factor has Me worried.  Already got kids, generation that don't want to labor.

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Oh it's a personal weakness!

But there is physical dependency.  You can't have prohibition.  History goes way back... With labor, the masses.

A liquid is easier to regulate.

What's our production output gonna look like substituting pot for alcohol though?  The malaise factor has Me worried.  Already got kids, generation that don't want to labor.

That isn't because of weed.  That's due to ***** parenting.

Come on guys lighten up. 

Celebrate this if you want or don’t. 

If you want to get DEEP there’s always the PPP. 

Yeah as the OP I think I have a right to this request.  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I agree.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah... And weed will really help?

"Jamie had a chance, well she really did
Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids
Mark still lives at home cause he's got no job
He just plays guitar and smokes a lot of pot.."

We are going to get people to work w/weed? Where?  Lighthouse for The Blind® making clocks or rolling candles?

You gotta be kidding.  Booze You can actually labor on.  The Royal Navy actually discontinued its daily grog ration tradition in the early 1970s.

Oh BTW...

How's that tuna melt going?

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Come on guys lighten up. 

Celebrate this if you want or don’t. 

If you want to get DEEP there’s always the PPP. 

Yeah as the OP I think I have a right to this request.  

I agree.  

Don't cast Me down to the Sodomites! 

?

Anyway... Gr8 song!

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... And weed will really help?

"Jamie had a chance, well she really did
Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids
Mark still lives at home cause he's got no job
He just plays guitar and smokes a lot of pot.."

We are going to get people to work w/weed? Where?  Lighthouse for The Blind® making clocks or rolling candles?

You gotta be kidding.  Booze You can actually labor on.  The Royal Navy actually discontinued its daily grog ration tradition in the early 1970s.

Oh BTW...

How's that tuna melt going?

Don't cast Me down to the Sodomites! 

?

Anyway... Gr8 song!

I smoked weed since I was a freshman in HS.  Also was a 3 sport athlete, top 10 percent in my class, and worked at a restaurant 3 days a week starting at age 14.

I probably could have sat home stoned and played my guitar too, but I didn’t.  Know why? Because I’d be walking around town with 3 sneakers on.  Two on my feet, and my Father’s sticking up my ass.  Don’t allow your kids to be stoner retards and they won’t.  Don’t give me his horse *****.

The patty melt was delish, BTW ?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lol 

if this keeps up that is where this will end up.  

Fair enough!

#SoSad

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I smoked weed since I was a freshman in HS.  Also was a 3 sport athlete, top 10 percent in my class, and worked at a restaurant 3 days a week starting at age 14.

I probably could have sat home stoned and played my guitar too, but I didn’t.  Know why? Because I’d be walking around town with 3 sneakers on.  Two on my feet, and my Father’s sticking up my ass.  Don’t allow your kids to be stoner retards and they won’t.  Don’t give me his horse *****.

LoL... Outlier.

You got drive!  Who the hell goes to Fairbanks! I am not even that crazy and got cold Caucasian blood!

?

On 10/17/2018 at 2:43 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't really drink.  I respect people's right to do both.

Yet... With stuff like this comes dependency.  That's all I am worried about.

It's the historical reasoning behind temperance.  The lowering of societal standards.

Yet... The masses do have to be placated.  Look @ how prohibition was first disastrous in Canada & then the US.

Prohibition is not the answer either.

It is pretty well established that THC is not physically addictive.  I think you know that already though.  Mentally though, it can be addictive.  However, there are so many other addictive things that are legal (nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, sugar, prescription drugs, heck even technology (mobile phones / apps) have been proven to create dependency).  Where do you draw the line?  I'm of the belief that I should be allowed to do anything I want as long as it doesn't impact others negatively and I don't believe this does.  Make driving under the influence illegal and penalize that.  Don't penalize me for smoking a plant that has been shown to has no impact on you or anyone else if I do it responsibly.

Also, take a look at Portugal who has legalized all drugs and the dramatic reduction in addiction they have seen across the board.  It's an amazing case study.

Edited by Mark80
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

It is pretty well established that THC is not physically addictive.  I think you know that already though.  Mentally though, it can be addictive.  However, there are so many other addictive things that are legal (nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, sugar, prescription drugs, heck even technology (mobile phones / apps) have been proven to create dependency).  Where do you draw the line?  I'm of the belief that I should be allowed to do anything I want as long as it doesn't impact others negatively and I don't believe this does.  Make driving under the influence illegal and penalize that.  Don't penalize me for smoking a plant that has been shown to has no impact on you or anyone else if I do it responsibly.

Agree... It's a plant.

During the "Age of Sail" was grown all over for rope/riggings.  It's a superior plant to cotton.  Insect resistant, cold hardy, better fibers, etc...

Yet, ingest it... How do we fend off the "Stoner Malaise" unless You are super 3 Sport Johnny with a boot up His arse.

I just don't see substituting one problem for another, and creating a whole economy around it as the answer.

But... Hey!  Let Us Try!

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Agree... It's a plant.

During the "Age of Sail" was grown all over for rope/riggings.  It's a superior plant to cotton.  Insect resistant, cold hardy, better fibers, etc...

Yet, ingest it... How do we fend off the "Stoner Malaise" unless You are super 3 Sport Johnny with a boot up His arse.

I just don't see substituting one problem for another, and creating a whole economy around it as the answer.

But... Hey!  Let Us Try!

Well, I have an Ivy League degree, went to a top tier Law School and have been smoking on a daily basis since college and more recreationally since HS.  I have many friends that are now very successful attorneys, doctors, lobbyist, executives, teachers who are in the exact same boat I am.  Sure, some can't keep their sh1t together, but there are plenty of lazy people who don't smoke anything as well.

Edited by Mark80
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Well, I have an Ivy League degree, went to a top tier Law School and have been smoking on a daily basis since college and more recreationally since HS.  I have many friends that are now very successful attorneys, doctors, lobbyist, executives, teachers who are in the exact same boat I am.  Sure, some can't keep their sh1t together, but there are plenty of lazy people who don't smoke anything as well.

WTF are doing here defending Stoners?

You got Your's!  Now You gotta get the Plebs to vote in the booth.

?

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

WTF are doing here defending Stoners?

You got Your's!  Now You gotta get the Plebs to vote in the booth.

?

I'm defending logic, reason, and freedom against antiquated views and misconceptions.  To not see how the benefits drastically outweigh the risks is baffling to me.

Edited by Mark80
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Agree... It's a plant.

But... Hey!  Let Us Try!

I used to smoke too Ex, don't anymore but back in my highschool/college days I was big into it. Also ended up valedictorian and graduated college w/honors. Not an unusual phenomenon by any stretch.

It's a dependency problem inasmuch as any substance has the potential to be, but I'd argue less so w/ cannabis. It's also stigmatized by pharma and tobacco lobbies who have a lot to gain by keeping a plant on Schedule 1 alongside heroin and bath salts, while cocaine and methamphetamines get Schedule 2 classification along w/ fentanyl and oxycodone. And these are theoretically listed in order of dependency and potential for abuse. It's absolute lunacy.

14 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I'm defending logic, reason, and freedom against antiquated views and misconceptions.  To not see how the benefits drastically outweigh the risks is baffling to me.

Agree with this totally.  We are just 180° opposite on how We interpret Your second sentence.

The bennys don't outweigh the risks with any recreational drug.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I used to smoke too Ex, don't anymore but back in my highschool/college days I was big into it. Also ended up valedictorian and graduated college w/honors. Not an unusual phenomenon by any stretch.

It's a dependency problem inasmuch as any substance has the potential to be, but I'd argue less so w/ cannabis. It's also stigmatized by pharma and tobacco lobbies who have a lot to gain by keeping a plant on Schedule 1 alongside heroin and bath salts, while cocaine and methamphetamines get Schedule 2 classification along w/ fentanyl and oxycodone. And these are theoretically listed in order of dependency and potential for abuse. It's absolute lunacy.

Still not going to sell me how pot culture is going to make the world less lazy.

LoL... 

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Agree with this totally.  We are just 180° opposite on how We interpret Your second sentence.

Well, when you consider the number of people whose lives aren't ruined because of stupid criminal charges because of it (as well as their innocent family members); the exorbitant public dollars spent on policing, prosecuting, and incarcerating people for these crimes; the reduction (not elimination, but reduction) in the illegal black market selling of these and all the crimes that go along with it (including violent ones with innocent bystanders impacted at times); the insane costs of prescription medications and how you could potentially substitute a lot of them with something you could grow on your own; I think your perspective may change a bit.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mark80 said:

Well, when you consider the number of people whose lives aren't ruined because of stupid criminal charges because of it (as well as their innocent family members); the exorbitant public dollars spent on policing, prosecuting, and incarcerating people for these crimes; the reduction (not elimination, but reduction) in the illegal black market selling of these and all the crimes that go along with it (including violent ones with innocent bystanders impacted at times); the insane costs of prescription medications and how you could potentially substitute a lot of them with something you could grow on your own; I think your perspective may change.

+1... That's the leap I would like to see, the lessening of that.  Why I am pro-legalization.  I wanna see all these "benefits" come true. Wanna see if they will put themselves jobs.

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Still not going to sell me how pot culture is going to make the world less lazy.

LoL... 

The medicinal value will far outweigh any perceived loss of productivity due to legalization imo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Well, all that pot use clearly got you in some trouble.  Why else would a black man be hiding out in the hills of Vermont?  It’s like an episode of Ozark.

• Haha (+1) 1