McDermott hangs up on Schopp and Bulldog

1 hour ago, In Nate We Trust said:

You will be surprised at home many people still believe in Peterman. He has the tools. He just needs to learn to protect the ball. He will be a backup for a decade in this league.

Probably as many people who believe the earth is flat; I think those who think the earth is flat have higher chances of being right.

6 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Agreed...And I'm pretty much a McBeane supporter...But in this case both hosts asked the questions they HAD to ask and did it in a respectful enough way...

Who know what is going on behind the scenes with McD today...He's in a spot with Peterman and he obviously knows it...But I don't think he handled it as well as he could have...?

I don’t think he did either.  This is pro sports and crap like this comes with the territory.  You have to expect the media is going to speculate, second guess you and ask dumb questions and you need to let it go.

I am no fan of Schopp but thought he was professional and asked tough questions.  He was a bit arrogant and condescending but he always is.  Definitely not likeable, but not out of bounds.  

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, JPP said:

Yes thats what i mean......they made their bed and now they are realizing the garbage they created hence why he appears very touchy at the subject beign raised frequently.....as it should.....its an embarasement all around......

.... most good coaches know the right time to discard a bad player and for some bizarre reason McDermott can't do that?...sometimes men with big egos can't admit they were wrong.

You will be surprised at home many people still believe in Peterman. He has the tools. He just needs to learn to protect the ball. He will be a backup for a decade in this league.

Yeah a back up Gatorade squirter. He sucks giant nuts .

Schopp being absent for the half hour after the interview is what I find most interesting.  This interview is arranged for between the Bills and WGR.  One possible explanation for Schopp's absence following the interview is that McDermott has even more power within the organization than I previously thought.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the questions they had for McDermott today.  His hanging up was out of line.

• Like (+1) 3

All these idiot's do (Schoop ESPECIALLY) are ridicule the Bills organization and McDermott especially. Then they have the stupidity to do it leading up to his show! They have to know he's probably listening. Non-athletic asswipes who are clueless questioning an NFL headcoach? Yeah, I'd be pissed too and hang up! ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, In Nate We Trust said:

Playing a guy who threw the first Bills passing TD in 13 quarters is insane? Does he have Joe Montana on the bench? You think there are a bunch of quarterbacks lining up to play with the worst offensive line and worst group of receivers in the NFL.

Coach (or Nate...or Nate's dad...), log off.

47 minutes ago, In Nate We Trust said:

Yeah, the guy who brought the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years can't coach.  He has worked with Beane to clear out all the Whaley and Ryan mess and have built an elite defense and are loaded with money for next year to fix the offense. Amazing people forget he was a playoff coach in his first year. How many guys can say that.

Let's talk about the offensive guys they have brought in since McDermott was hired. We all know McD was pulling the strings in Whaley's last draft. No one was picked in 2016 without his blessing.

Zay Jones. Average, on his best days.

Ducasse. I have nothing nice to say except he isn't the worst OL starter.

KB. Huge mark against Beane and McDermott. They knew him from Carolina and didn't know he'd come here and be lazy and terrible? Please.

Bodine - was one of PFF's worst centers for years running. Better than Groy. Low bar to clear though. 

Allen/Peterman - LOL.

What about these acquisitions should give me hope for their ability to evaluate and acquire offensive talent? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, loedward22 said:

Schopp being absent for the half hour after the interview is what I find most interesting.  This interview is arranged for between the Bills and WGR.  One possible explanation for Schopp's absence following the interview is that McDermott has even more power within the organization than I previously thought.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the questions they had for McDermott today.  His hanging up was out of line.

Which "organization" are you referring to?  The Bills or WGR-550?  Are you suggesting that McD called WGR and told them to get Schopp off the air?

I listend to the remainder of Hour 3 and indeed, Schopp never came back on air.

The kid who posts recorded content on the website seems to have screwed up Hour 4, as he often does.  The audio file won't load up properly, so I can't listen to it.

Did you happen to listen to Hour 4 live?  I am dying to know if Schopp came back, on-air, in the 4th hour at all.

I hope they address all this in their show tomorrow, but I fear they may not.

Edited by Fadingpain

Stop creating fake accounts Coach McDermott, we see you !!

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Really? Damn I wish I heard it. 

It was awkward as heck and out of character. He just dropped the headset or whatever. It's pretty clear they dont appreciate him on their show and he isn't fond of them

Hes turning into marrone FAST

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Agent 91 said:

It was awkward as heck and out of character. He just dropped the headset or whatever. It's pretty clear they dont appreciate him on their show and he isn't fond of them

Hes turning into marrone FAST

When the segment was over, Schopp said: "All right Sean, thanks."

And McD responded by just hanging up the phone while saying nothing.

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

No that's not really true Mike said thanks Sean. The interview was over he just didn't say bye

He always ends by saying alright thanks guys. They even said they were sitting in awkward silence trying to figure out what just happened

I just listened and all heard was a guy who sounded like he just lost a heartbreaker of a game and his starting QB to injury, and was being forced to talk to a know-nothing prick of a talk show host. 

The clip I heard cut off right after they said thanks, so didn’t hear him hang up, but thought he was polite albeit sounded like he needed a beer and a nap. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1