McDermott hangs up on Schopp and Bulldog

24 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If you didn't hear the very end, you missed almost everything that is important.

PS: Schopp didn't act offended at that point of the interview as you suggest; he specifically said "Well maybe you don't want to address that" and he then politely moved on to the next issue.

I guess you've decide Schopp is an idiot and does everything wrong, so you are going to see things only one way, as opposed to how they might actually be.

That's nothing new around here!

I did listen to the very end. Is it their reaction that you are reacting to?

it is my opinion that schopp acted offended. That is why i write “what i heard was...” It is ok for different people to listen to an interaction and come away with different interpretations and post them in a thread about said interaction.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He was with the Panthers in '16 and the organization went public when they announced the '17 draft was a product of Whaley and his scouting staff.Just a FYI...scouting starts in the spring and lots and lots of travel and film are involved.

Ok cool I'll edit it to 2017 then. I was just typing as I was thinking and said mentally "two drafts ago, 2018 - 2 = 2016" instead of getting caught up on the finer details. The point remains. No one was drafted without McD on board.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Which "organization" are you referring to?  The Bills or WGR-550?  Are you suggesting that McD called WGR and told them to get Schopp off the air?

I listend to the remainder of Hour 3 and indeed, Schopp never came back on air.

The kid who posts recorded content on the website seems to have screwed up Hour 4, as he often does.  The audio file won't load up properly, so I can't listen to it.

Did you happen to listen to Hour 4 live?  I am dying to know if Schopp came back, on-air, in the 4th hour at all.

I hope they address all this in their show tomorrow, but I fear they may not.

Gag order

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Just curious, doesn't he go on the show (in studio)for this segment?

The audio is crystal clear when normally when they call in you get that typical crappy talking in a wind tunnel audio.

No but he has a direct ISDN line to the studio for the best audio.  All of the coaches have since Marrone.  He broadcasts from the studio in One Bills Drive

4 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

No but he has a direct ISDN line to the studio for the best audio.  All of the coaches have since Marrone.  He broadcasts from the studio in One Bills Drive

Gotcha.  Just seems like a weird comment that schoop made about "that silence is me and bulldog looking at each other" like he was there in person talking to them then interview ended.  Which kind of sounds rushed also.  Like as soon as McD finished answering the last question schoop was like "ok thanks coach".  

I'm really surprised that everyone is making a big deal out of Sean McDermott not saying goodbye at the end of an interview.

McDermott, like all people involved in football who actually know something about the sport, probably doesn't like Schopp. So he didn't like interviewing with him and didn't say goodbye.

Case closed!

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott has some Doug Marrone in him. 

He's got that, I've been there, done that, seen it all, this is how you do it, earning the right to win everyday mentality. 

He's seen it all, he's thought of everything. 

But his team has been bashed in 3 out of 6 games, and the guy he picked as starting QB has thrown up on himself 4 of the 5 times he's seen the field (Chargers, Jaguars, Ravens, Texans). 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LFC24 said:

Mcdermott won't last another 2 years here. he just can't cut it as an NFL coach. 

He won't get fired next offseason but i can see him getting axed mid season next year. He is officially on the hotseat if he trots out Peterman vs the colts 

Does no one understand that he might not have a choice? Allen might be injured and Anderson might not be ready to play. Peterman could be  his only available QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, billsherd said:

He probably didn't want to hear the last question. " Do you want to ask us anything?" Like he cares

For once I would love to hear one of the coaches or who ever ask them what they would do in their situation and see what kind of crap they came up with.  Probably something as bad as some of the callers they get.

Edited by The Wiz

2 minutes ago, Tyrion said:

Does no one understand that he might not have a choice? Allen might be injured and Anderson might not be ready to play. Peterman could be  his only available QB. 

Doesn't have a choice?  Going into the season with one QB and Peterman on the roster is a choice.  Prepping for week 2 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Prepping for week 3 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Prepping for week 4 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Waiting until week 5 to sign a second QB to the roster was a choice.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Doesn't have a choice?  Going into the season with one QB and Peterman on the roster is a choice.  Prepping for week 2 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Prepping for week 3 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Prepping for week 4 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Waiting until week 5 to sign a second QB to the roster was a choice.

That's assuming that they weren't trying to sign someone sooner after cutting AJM.

I’m actually surprised that the Bills have his weekly segment during this show, vs the One Bills Live. I don’t know how it is in most markets, but in Columbus Urban Meyer’s weekly segment is carefully orchestrated with homer hosts and pillow soft questions. It’s a call-in show but of course the calls are all screened and vetted. He would never go on the drive time show that criticizes him and the team non-stop - Ohio State would never ask him to. Then you have John Tortorella who has a cushy weekly segment called “Hockey and Hounds” where they talk about dogs. And sometimes the Blue Jackets. And the hosts are good buddies with him and fellow dog lovers and never criticize or ask a tough question.

im not saying that’s how it *should* be with every head coach but seems like teams want it that way, and I get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LFC24 said:

Mcdermott won't last another 2 years here. he just can't cut it as an NFL coach. 

He won't get fired next offseason but i can see him getting axed mid season next year. He is officially on the hotseat if he trots out Peterman vs the colts 

This may be the poorest assumption from facts I've seen in months.

• Thank you (+1) 1