Joe B: Zay Jones is the Bills #1 WR at this point

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, jr1 said:

Benjamin's 27 and still doesn't know where to line up. He's never going to learn

nope. kid who is playing for a contract does not seem to be working very hard. I watched him slow up waaay to many times.
he might not be all that sharp ?

Jones is starting to look like something decent

and I have been calling him major bust.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Clay looked ok early on yesterday. He’s probably the most reliable pass catcher right now. Allen looks for him a lot.

yep. Clay is just fine. blocks catches and plays hard

8 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

I remember seeing Zay with some nice blocks in the run game, which was something I always liked about Woods. Reliable route runner that contributes well in the run game - I'll take that any day. 

i would have preferred we kept Woods.

14 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:
NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G YAC 1DN
Zay Jones 16 29 199 12.4 1 57 1 33.2 18 9
Kelvin Benjamin 10 32 146 14.6 1 39 2 24.3 14 6
Charles Clay 13 20 119 9.2 0 21 1 19.8 46 8
Chris Ivory 5 7 104 20.8 0 55 2 17.3 105 4
LeSean McCoy 13 21 85 6.5 0 22 1 17 104 2
Jason Croom 8 11 73 9.1 1 26 1 12.2 36 3
Andre Holmes 7 16 71 10.1 0 22 2 11.8 25 3

Holy crap the above look like stat lines for two games not six

On 10/15/2018 at 4:35 AM, Tazor Face said:

#1 reciever on this team is the equivalent of winning a medal in the special Olympics

Winning a medal at the Special Olympics is an awesome thing.  And many of the people competing are higher end athletes than you might imagine, at least in the track and field competition.  You should go and watch if you ever get the chance to.  It's a great experience.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Anderson plays Sunday Jones will probably have 5-10 catches for 70-110 yds. A real stat line when a QB is capable of throwing to WRs

I think you are over estimating how good Anderson is/will be.  The dude has been here 2 weeks, hasn't had a camp, hasn't played in two years, and was pretty piss poor when he did play.  Hope I am wrong and you are right, but just because there is a different name on the back of the jersey doesn't mean he is going to be any good.  

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think you are over estimating how good Anderson is/will be.  The dude has been here 2 weeks, hasn't had a camp, hasn't played in two years, and was pretty piss poor when he did play.  Hope I am wrong and you are right, but just because there is a different name on the back of the jersey doesn't mean he is going to be any good.  

It’s just people being beat down from such pathetic qb play that they aren’t realizing how ordinary what I’m saying is. 200 yds passing sounds ridiculous to some people on here because our QBs have been just so bad. Every starting QB and most back ups in the nfl throw for 250 on an off day. Peterman and Allen are just so bad that it’s ruining people’s perception 

35 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s just people being beat down from such pathetic qb play that they aren’t realizing how ordinary what I’m saying is. 200 yds passing sounds ridiculous to some people on here because our QBs have been just so bad. Every starting QB and most back ups in the nfl throw for 250 on an off day. Peterman and Allen are just so bad that it’s ruining people’s perception 

That may be true, but 200 yards passing isn't ridiculous to me.  Our QBs this year have been really bad.  Some of that, but not nearly all has been supporting cast and coaching IMO.  I don't view Anderson as the guy that's going to take us from really bad to average.  I also don't envision a day of only 200 yards passing with half or more of that going to 1 receiver.

Honestly though after what you just said, I started to think about something else.  Having QBs constantly pass for <150 yards in this day and age is horrible.  I cant imagine any QB truly being that bad.  Much less 3 on the same roster.  Even terrible QBs come in and occasionally put up a 250 to 300 yard day.  If we have yet another QB that puts out 80 yards, I have to think our coaching is just that bad and so is our surrounding cast.  I mean, I already think they are that bad but it would more confirm it for me.

In the same token there have been some good balls from Allen outright dropped.  Some of those would probably push him to the 200 yard range.

Edited by Scott7975