Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also expressed genuine delight that Americans were so accepting of the first openly LGBTQ candidate to mount a major bid for the presidency. “I think the fact that I’m standing here, the fact that my husband’s in the audience watching right now, is just an amazing example of that belief that yes — yes, you belong — and this country has a place for you,” he remarked.

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He also expressed genuine delight that Americans were so accepting of the first openly LGBTQ candidate to mount a major bid for the presidency. “I think the fact that I’m standing here, the fact that my husband’s in the audience watching right now, is just an amazing example of that belief that yes — yes, you belong — and this country has a place for you,” he remarked.

This country is not ready for a male president who gives bj's and takes it up the ass. 

6 hours ago, Nanker said:

So you think him saying, “Let me tell you about my husband” won’t resonate around the country? :unsure:

Not for another 10 years minimum as the country becomes more secular.  Only one state has an openly male gay governor and he was just elected in Colorado.  If I made the political betting lines on who'd be president first.  A woman or a gay male.  I'd put woman at -400 and openly gay male at +250.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Warren always ends up sounding like a former teacher and present school board member pitching an increase in the budget for something like "English as a Second Language".  She talks about building a campaign where everyone brings their "whole self" to work.  Mamby pamby touchy feely crap that means literally nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Warren always ends up sounding like a former teacher and present school board member pitching an increase in the budget for something like "English as a Second Language".  She talks about building a campaign where everyone brings their "whole self" to work.  Mamby pamby touchy feely crap that means literally nothing.  

If anyone else has 6 minority WoC quit due to a hostile work environment will she let them off because of legacies of American society prejudice?  Surely she can't be the only one that has to deal with this.  Unless they are getting campaign workers that aren't from American society.

• Like (+1) 1

EQMFud9XYAIeglh?format=jpg&name=largeEQMFud_XkAMEFIy?format=jpg&name=large

Trump said to Billy Bush, "You can grab 'em by the ***** because you're rich and famous."

He was talking about the scene at the time, not that he had actually done that.

And with that torpedo, we ended up getting scenes like this in our city streets:

Atbashian%2520binders%25203.png&f=1&nofb636209410369766449-womens-march-012517.j

120828-code-pink-030.jpg&f=1&nofb=118266988-1200x675.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I can only imagine the reaction to Bloomberg's old quotes.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The State of the Race: Handicapping the Surviving Dems. 

“Something’s got to change because whatever Biden has been doing it isn’t working. Team Biden was so rattled by his weak showing in Iowa (and sinking poll numbers in New Hampshire), that he abandoned New Hampshire and spent Thursday ‘gathered with his top advisers at his home in Wilmington, Del., seeking a reset and perhaps a last-ditch effort to save his candidacy.’

I’ve said all along that if Biden’s South Carolina firewall holds, then he’s probably the 50% favorite to win the nomination. The thinking in the Biden Campaign seems to have been, ‘Where else are black voters in South Carolina going to go? Cranky old Bernie? The gay guy?’ Well, no — but black voters might not go to the polls at all on February 29 if Joe doesn’t provide some inspiration. The next three days could prove his last chance to do so.”