Keeping three quarterbacks

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

This thread is hopefully only for the discussion of its title.

I am going to assume, not matter what we hear out of McD's mouth, that he and Beane are going to waive Nate in a week or two and then sign him to the PS. I understand waiting a week or more to get Anderson up to speed on the offense but I wouldn't do it myself. Nor would I sign him to the PS but that's a different topic.

Keeping three QBs, when Peterman is one of them makes zero sense to me, and hopefully you. There is no way a team is going to pick up Peterman up and place them on their 53. If we want him on our PS to run the scout team and whatever other twisted reason for the bromance we can have him.

There is also no way that we are going to have three QBs active on gameday. Zero.

So either Nate or Derek will be in civvies and not eligible.  If they somehow come to the unimaginable conclusion that Nate is going to be that guy, and Anderson will be ineligible, why wouldn't you just hire a smarter recently retired or unsigned ex-NFL QB as an assistant QB coach for half the money and have him stand on the sidelines with Josh, parceling out his morsels of wisdom instead of Anderson?

If Josh gets hurt and Nate is forced into the game we can all pretty much change the channel or leave the sports bar or stadium. If he is going to be inactive, why the hell have him on the 53-man roster when you could put another WR or S or CB or ST guy on there? It makes no sense.

The only reason to keep three QBs active in today's NFL, especially with the new PS rules, is because you have a potential stud young guy as a #3 and you would lose him if he is waived.

We don't.

so keeping in mind we all know you hate nate....did you ever think derek may have said , "i'd love to be on the sidelines to help josh, but if we are behind and getting blitzed like crazy or he gets hurt and i gotta go in for quites some time...no thanks"....kinda like the mc cown deal.  could be the reality of the deal dude. think about it. i'm glad they haven't cut nate.

btw , thank you for being clear and saving me the time to read 2 pages.

Edited by billsredneck1

4 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

we have no reason to keep Peterman Logan Thomas should be the emergency QB anyway.    I'd have cut Peterman and kept Marlowe.   We need DBs.  They actually play. 

....I'm thinkin' that PeteredOUT is actually Castillo's nephew and they have one helluva set of pictures combined....go figure......

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

And yet, didn't he play QB in a game?  Wasn't he a QB on the depth chart?

He was called the emergency QB. He only played because two guys got hurt and if Tyrod or Peterman would have been hurt more they would have brought in another QB not used Webb. Webb has been a valuable gadget player for a long time but hasn't been thought of s anything more than an emergency QB for 6-7 years. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills don’t have 3 QBs on the roster.  They have 2 plus Peterman.

The Bills official depth chart was released this afternoon. I have never seen this before but it had...

QUARTERBACKS

1. Josh Allen

2. Derek Anderson

APPARENTLY REALLY GOOD GUY

1. Nathan Peterman 

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Haha (+1) 4

All joking aside though, this is why I don’t like Peterman. I think that he has been given opportunities that he does not deserve. He has no business on the roster and Marlowe on the street. He had no business starting last year or this year. Being a nice guy that try’s hard doesn’t guarantee you a spot on the 53. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All joking aside though, this is why I don’t like Peterman. I think that he has been given opportunities that he does not deserve. He has no business on the roster and Marlowe on the street. He had no business starting last year or this year. Being a nice guy that try’s hard doesn’t guarantee you a spot on the 53. 

He shouldn't be in the league. I actually feel bad for him even though I trash him a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

To me it’s more like Lyle Lovett marrying Julia Roberts.  I can get the Billy Bob/Angelina hookup.

That's a decent one, too. But everyone likes/loves musicians. He wasn't a rock "star" but really good and well liked. Hell, Christie Brinkley married Billy Joel. ;)