The Draft Network - Josh Allen's Struggles Go Beyond Lackluster Supporting Cast

HappyDays

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He shouldn't be playing. But they don't have a choice.

Totally agree.

But we're 2-3 with the worst QB play I've seen from the Bills in at least 15 years. Imagine if we'd gone out and signed a real veteran who could keep Allen on the bench all year. We might have a pretty good team if we had just average QB play. 

Well they pigeon holed themselves into having to start Allen out of neccessity... All we can do now is hope he learns and improves as the games go by. He's been bad but he has some good things going for him too. I'm just hoping the guy can keep learning and progressing and doesn't run into a wall. If he can improve with every game we should be in a good spot next season. He has some nice physical attributes he just has to get the mental stuff down now. Has to keep grinding every week to improve on whatever he can. 

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

That's the Josh Allen way. 

We explain away every reason why his statistics have been terrible. 

You just jumped on 'worst completion percentage in the league' so fast you missed the part where Rosen's is worse. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Because he looks worse than the other rookie QBs I'm watching. 

When your QB is the worst QB in the league, you should be evaluating everything they do. 

When you're the worst, you have to get a lot better just to be average. 

Mayfield is really the only one who's stood out. Darnold and Rosen do not look significantly different from Allen. And Jackson isn't even a QB right now.

6 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

3) Josh Rosen is on a team many have felt were worse than the Bills, and yet is playing very good ball.

Rosens stats from last Sun.

Josh Rosen 10/25 170 1

Very good ball?

I guess that is a matter of opinion.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

You just jumped on 'worst completion percentage in the league' so fast you missed the part where Rosen's is worse. 

Mayfield is really the only one who's stood out. Darnold and Rosen do not look significantly different from Allen. And Jackson isn't even a QB right now.

Jrob I am sure will find some meaningless stat that he will try to cling to so he can hate on his own QB

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If you expect it then why are you bitching?

Because his play is holding the team back.

We have an elite defense and a QB who is struggling with the very basics. 

We might have a pretty good team on our hands if we weren't scoring 12.6 freaking points per game. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The question is why are you evaluating a rookie QB 5 games in?   That is the better question.

I actually thought Josh was pretty inaccurate this past game......

but

It is amazing how a good wide receiver can scoop up a low pass and make something happen with it.....and then you have Kelvin Benjamin who wont even give the effort to come back for the ball.

True, and he certainly isn’t what I’d call an accurate QB yet.

I just think this is a weird thread.  I could understand some of the comments if this was year 3, but not 5 games in

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

True, and he certainly isn’t what I’d call an accurate QB yet.

I just think this is a weird thread.  I could understand some of the comments if this was year 3, but not 5 games in

What I find wierd (but not suprising given some of the rift raft that our board has taken on over this past year

Doing this in a week whee the bills actually won

You usually dont have to hear this crap after a win......but that is the state of the board

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Yet Josh Allen's stats were significantly worse. 

Did you even bother to watch the friggen game?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Mayfield looks tremendous, can't speak to the others yet. 

But yeah, Allen is 31st! Woohoo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Because he looks worse than the other rookie QBs I'm watching. 

When your QB is the worst QB in the league, you should be evaluating everything they do. 

When you're the worst, you have to get a lot better just to be average. 

Say it every time with your takes.  You're the guy that would have traded everything for Winston, a guy who sits behind Fitzpatrick.  Your analysis of QBs has little value.

• Like (+1) 1

Nobody said of Allen before the draft that he would be good if you threw him in week 1 and started him the rest of the season.  He had the most growing to do of the top QBs in the draft.  Unfortunately, he has to grow on the job.  The past couple weeks he's looked like JP Losman 2.0, but just because he didn't come in like a savior doesn't mean he can't be good.

Give it time.  If we still have these concerns in a year's time, that's when we should be concerned.

I love watching Mayfield - he is the best of the lot so far.

Impossible to compare, though.  He has a lot more to work with right now.

And Allen is just a different kind of QB.  He’s as competitive as anyone.  I like the intangibles I’ve seen so far.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, McNubbins said:

Nobody said of Allen before the draft that he would be good if you threw him in week 1 and started him the rest of the season.  He had the most growing to do of the top QBs in the draft.  Unfortunately, he has to grow on the job.  The past couple weeks he's looked like JP Losman 2.0, but just because he didn't come in like a savior doesn't mean he can't be good.

Give it time.  If we still have these concerns in a year's time, that's when we should be concerned.

Its like the expectations became different just because they announced him the starter

Tons of talent

Raw as hell

38 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

that was a great comeback...

It had to be pointed out. Shame he took so much time throwing shade at Ledyard's credentials. ;)

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Folks just getting their takes in now so if he busts down the road they can say they called it first ??...supposed to be Bills fans, not draft analysts.

Bad take. Plenty of people here have been critiquing Allen well before he was drafted by the Bills. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

5 games in. It's pointless talking rankings after such a small sample. 

He had poor stats at Wyoming. He has poor stats in Buffalo. 

At some point, the guy has to actually put up top tier QB statistics, right? 

This is the problem with Josh. He has never had passing statistics that scream "elite QB", and we really want to see the data match the hype for once. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 2