The Draft Network - Josh Allen's Struggles Go Beyond Lackluster Supporting Cast

HappyDays

These things are all too familiar for those of us around these boards who have critiqued Allen thus far, and have drawn comparisons from his collegiate days. 

The Bills made a huge mistake trading up to draft a HUGE project player.   They could have drafted Rosen, who is much more of a pure passer and more polished or they could have gotten more aggressive and went after Darnold or Mayfield. 

PS... We could have taken Mahomes last year as well. 

If there is one thing I have ZERO trust in from this regime, it's their ability to select Qb talent or develop it.  It's been debacle after debacle from the word go. 

I'll state my opinion again, and happily eat crow if proven wrong, Allen is a mistake and will bust. 

• Like (+1) 2

While I agree with some of his issues and weaknesses mentioned in the article, it's so hard to really evaluate  a player based on stats alone. Seriously, his WRs have dropped long passes, TD passes, and this last INT wasn't on him. Now, all QBs have dropped passes but he's had more, and at critical times. His stats would obviously look better. And then you just add a few long passes and 80-120 yards become 200+ yards and it's the same damn QB! Exactly the same guy. Just that a better supporting cast would allow some of those long passes that we all know he can throw. He has made very little dumb mistakes for all his shortcomings. So add experience, quicker reads, good wideouts to throw to and suddenly he's a top tier QB! Maybe not top 5 but way good enough to lead a NFL team.

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

These things are all too familiar for those of us around these boards who have critiqued Allen thus far, and have drawn comparisons from his collegiate days. 

The Bills made a huge mistake trading up to draft a HUGE project player.   They could have drafted Rosen, who is much more of a pure passer and more polished or they could have gotten more aggressive and went after Darnold or Mayfield. 

If there is one thing I have ZERO trust in from this regime, it's their ability to select Qb talent or develop it.  It's been debacle after debacle from the word go. 

I'll state my opinion again, and happily eat crow if proven wrong, Allen is a mistake and will bust. 

This regime is 2 fricken years in

Jesus where do you ppl come from

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Said I agree. 

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This regime is 2 fricken years in

Jesus where do you ppl come from

Seriously?? Allen alone should be enough.  Add in Peterman and McCaron and they are 0 for 3

18 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

If the offense doesnt improve he could meet a similar fate.

How many sticks of dynamite does it take?

MCD IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE

In his first year.....as a first year head coach he took a rebiulding team to the playoffs

in his second year....in the middle of a rebiuld.....the team is 2-3 with wins over a supposid Super Bowl contender and the leader of a NFL Division

He defense is playing lights out

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

How many sticks of dynamite does it take?

In his first year.....as a first year head coach he took a rebiulding team to the playoffs

in his second year....in the middle of a rebiuld.....the team is 2-3 with wins over a supposid Super Bowl contender and the leader of a NFL Division

He defense is playing lights out

In an Offensive league if Allen doesn't show progress and Buffalo flounders down the stretch it would be a possibility.  Likely?  Probably not but who saw John Fox, Lovie Smith, or Jeff Fisher being blown out for similar performances and outcomes?

12 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

In an Offensive league if Allen doesn't show progress and Buffalo flounders down the stretch it would be a possibility.  Likely?  Probably not but who saw John Fox, Lovie Smith, or Jeff Fisher being blown out for similar performances and outcomes?

McD is literally safe for the next two years......I would bet my house on it

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

McD is literally safe for the next two years......I would bet my house on it

This team cannot afford to dump another HC or GM this quickly. Marrone, Rex, Whaley, the Polian stuff; in addition to the atrocious Sabres moves, the Pegulas are stuck with these guys for at least next season unless next season is an utter disaster.

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

This team cannot afford to dump another HC or GM this quickly. Marrone, Rex, Whaley, the Polian stuff; in addition to the atrocious Sabres moves, the Pegulas are stuck with these guys for at least next season unless next season is an utter disaster.

Right....and what would anyone (except the punchbowl pissers around here) gives you reason to believe that it would be....

Subpar Offensive line

Worst wide receiver group in the league

Rookie raw QB

Yet through all that 2-3 through the first quarter turn of the season

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I get your point and we do need to see improvements as the season progresses.  

Many greats started 1-13 

look at Goff.  Not great season 1 and now he’s 5-0 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Right....and what would anyone (except the punchbowl pissers around here) gives you reason to believe that it would be....

Subpar Offensive line

Worst wide receiver group in the league

Rookie raw QB

Yet through all that 2-3 through the first quarter turn of the season

Do you consider the bolded parts feathers in Beane's cap?