The Draft Network - Josh Allen's Struggles Go Beyond Lackluster Supporting Cast

HappyDays

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

I truly enjoy the hyperbole that other QBs would look the same if not worse in our offense.

1) Baker Mayfield is playing on arguably the worst team in NFL history who have Landry and a bunch of young unproven talent.

2) Sam Darnold was traded up for, but the Jets still finished with the sixth overall pick. They are not a quality team and Sam is playing extremely well for them.

3) Josh Rosen is on a team many have felt were worse than the Bills, and yet is playing very good ball.

10-25 he is playing awesome ?????

4 hours ago, Cash said:

Good article.  Allen is straight-up bad right now.  Will be interesting to see if he ends the season better than he is now.

That is the entire story about him, and has been for a long time.

He has never shown an ability to be successful at the NFL level and he does not show signs of it now either.

Will that change?  McBeane's jobs hang in the balance.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

He has never shown an ability to be successful at the NFL level and he does not show signs of it now either.

4 games.  Team won 2.  Let me say again, 4 games and won 2.

And your comment is he has never (repeat: never) shown an ability to be successful at the NFL level.  4 games.  Two vicotories.

Honestly, just stop with this nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Ha!

oh man, I have second hand embarrassment for you now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

4 games.  Team won 2.  Let me say again, 4 games and won 2.

And your comment is he has never (repeat: never) shown an ability to be successful at the NFL level.  4 games.  Two vicotories.

Honestly, just stop with this nonsense.

Come on. W-L record is the measure?  Remember when Tim Tebow went 7-4 as a starting QB in 2011?   Now Allen is far more talented than Tebow ever was, but don't try to refute that with wins and losses with so many other factors to be considered. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Come on. W-L record is the measure?  Remember when Tim Tebow went 7-4 as a starting QB in 2011?   Now Allen is far more talented than Tebow ever was, but don't try to refute that with wins and losses with so many other factors to be considered. 

They are one measure.  He has had ups and downs as any rookie QB starting out has.  The other 4 guys have ups and downs as well.  I have no problem with objective analysis but this nonsense that he has no chance or has never shown the ability to play in the league is beyond ridiculous.  It belies what anyone watching the games with even a hint of objectivity has seen.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Because he was bad in college.

Better chance he stays the same versus vastly improving.

And there are several reasons why for his bad numbers in college...

Have we not been through all this?   If he was a total liability he would not be leading this team.....and we would not be 2-3

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So are we saying Josh Allen is Tim Tebow?

4 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

Oh look- another "Allen sucks" circle jerk. Maybe the mods should just pin a thread entitled "Allen is a bust" so we aren't subjected to these redundant threads and the crusaders that inhabit them.

The link in the OP isn't about that at all. 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Have we not been through all this?   If he was a total liability he would not be leading this team.....and we would not be 2-3

Read this again!   "Now Allen is far more talented than Tebow ever was"

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I mean, the guy’s analysis is okay, even if it is of the cherry-picked variety. Really don’t see the point of putting this out now, however. If the message is “hey, remember I told you Allen is raw and hasn’t shown the ability to do x, y and z” and follow it up with this 4 starts into his career, then well, okay I guess. Not sure even the most ardent Allen supporters would argue “oh he’ll be polished up by week 5 don’t worry.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

"Don't turn the ball over and force your opponent to go the entire field equals a win."

Isn't this true for any team?

That...and something about points. I forget the details, but the points matter, too.  

I’m just praying for progress throughout the season, and into next year. It’s all I can do. 

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Trent Edwards was 5-4 as a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No tim tebow has a heisman and a nfl playoff win.

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

No tim tebow has a heisman and a nfl playoff win.

Please! Tebow was an absolute horror show as an NFL QB who couldn't even make throws at the NFL level.  Heisman doesn't have jack to do with the equation in the NFL. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz