The Draft Network - Josh Allen's Struggles Go Beyond Lackluster Supporting Cast

HappyDays

9 minutes ago, Success said:

Have you figured out why you do this yet?

Literally for years now, when any Bills fan post anything hopeful, you respond with a classic Debbie downer.

Nothing to do with hopeful. When the Bills have done something well I give them credit. McD does a good job idenifying defensive talent. Offensive talent not so much.

Put it this way if Allen was on the Pats playing like this

You guys would be the first ones stating he sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

Nothing to do with hopeful. When the Bills have done something well I give them credit. McD does a good job idenifying defensive talent. Offensive talent not so much.

Yes because the offense around Brady and Allen are completely interchangeable.?

Just now, Chris66 said:

I wouldn’t do it on a Pats board - not even once, much less multiple times.

I mean, we get it.  Your team wins a lot, ours doesn’t.  But our team has a rookie who, while he clearly needs work, has a ton of promise and could change our fortunes.

Yours has a 41 year old who is unlikely to get younger.

15 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I don't care about stats, I care about wins. That's the bottom line. 

Cool. The point is that it's hard to get wins when your starting QB has a QB rating of 60,  is dead last in the NFL in QBR, dead last in completion percentage and 31st in yards per attempt.

Imagine how well we'd be doing if we had just an average QB. 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

I wouldn’t do it on a Pats board - not even once, much less multiple times.

I mean, we get it.  Your team wins a lot, ours doesn’t.  But our team has a rookie who, while he clearly needs work, has a ton of promise and could change our fortunes.

Yours has a 41 year old who is unlikely to get younger.

Im glad you like Allen. Hope he does well for you guys. Im just not convinced that the Bills have the right coaching staff to develop a guy this raw.

29 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Ya, like inaccuracy, zero ability to read a defense, can't go through progressions quick, below average pocket awareness, etc.

The same reasons that he is having trouble in the NFL.

Jesus why am I even bothering to debate this with you.....like talking to a tree

Minnesota Vikings game.....come from behind win against Tennesee.......

Those are NFL teams.....WINNING NFL teams....in which he made NFL caliber throws

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

Im glad you like Allen. Hope he does well for you guys. Im just not convinced that the Bills have the right coaching staff to develop a guy this raw.

This guy is a patriots fan?

Oh Jesus....just go pound sand seriously

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Cool. The point is that it's hard to get wins when your starting QB has a QB rating of 60,  is dead last in the NFL in QBR, dead last in completion percentage and 31st in yards per attempt.

Nope. Rosen w/ lower completion %.

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You should know better. 

Never talk about Josh Allen & statistics together. 

It was faux pas before the draft, and it's faux pas now. 

It gets real ugly when you pull out the data. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We all knew there would be growing pains with Allen. Are you really that shocked? And like I said before when you have 48 runs versus 19 passes then it's pretty hard for the quarterback to amass gaudy stats. What did you draft Allen on your fantasy team?

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

4 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

You should know better. 

Never talk about Josh Allen & statistics together. 

It was faux pas before the draft, and it's faux pas now. 

It gets real ugly when you pull out the data. 

Unless the data is, you know, wrong. 

If we’re going to focus on stats, can we at least mention that we’re one of the nfl leaders for dropped passes?

And I’m not even sure that counts plays like the tipped pass from Holmes.  But it definitely counts the dime to Foster that would have been a 60 yard TD.

He starts out with an inaccurate rep, so any grounder or floater instantly makes people think, we’ll, there it is.  But watch other games with the same predisposition.  Even Rodgers has a few wild ones in most games.

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

My bad. He wasn't on my list due to not having thrown enough passes yet. 

He's second from dead last there.

The question is why are you evaluating a rookie QB 5 games in?   That is the better question.

1 minute ago, Success said:

If we’re going to focus on stats, can we at least mention that we’re one of the nfl leaders for dropped passes?

And I’m not even sure that counts plays like the tipped pass from Holmes.  But it definitely counts the dime to Foster that would have been a 60 yard TD.

He starts out with an inaccurate rep, so any grounder or floater instantly makes people think, we’ll, there it is.  But watch other games with the same predisposition.  Even Rodgers has a few wild ones in most games.

I actually thought Josh was pretty inaccurate this past game......

but

It is amazing how a good wide receiver can scoop up a low pass and make something happen with it.....and then you have Kelvin Benjamin who wont even give the effort to come back for the ball.

5 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

We all knew there would be growing pains with Allen. Are you really that shocked? And like I said before when you have 48 runs versus 19 passes then it's pretty hard for the quarterback to amass gaudy stats. What did you draft Allen on your fantasy team?

I expected him to look exactly how he's looked so far, which is that he's the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. 

19 passes for 82 yards is the problem. 4.3 YPA in 2018 is as bad a passing game as you should see in the NFL anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The question is why are you evaluating a rookie QB 5 games in?   That is the better question.

The fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick is Top 10 in a bunch of QB statistical categories and no longer starting should be enough for people to realize you shouldn't make definitive statements about any QB, let alone a rookie, after 5 games.

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Unless the data is, you know, wrong. 

That's the Josh Allen way. 

We explain away every reason why his statistics have been terrible. 

That's how it was at Wyoming, and it's certainly happening here. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because he looks worse than the other rookie QBs I'm watching. 

When your QB is the worst QB in the league, you should be evaluating everything they do. 

When you're the worst, you have to get a lot better just to be average.