Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Daniel Jeremiah's Top 25 Rookies: Edmunds & Allen Make the List at 19 and 24

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I would worry more if one of them WAS on the list because this guy is a idiot

John, I think you seem like a great dude.  But calling people idiots because they don’t praise the Bills is a bad look for you.  IMO, DJ is one of the best in the business and very far from being an idiot.

• Like 3

Edmunds and Johnson should both be on this list if they keep playing well. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 6:54 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

John, I think you seem like a great dude.  But calling people idiots because they don’t praise the Bills is a bad look for you.  IMO, DJ is one of the best in the business and very far from being an idiot.

It has been a rough month or two for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, John from Riverside said:

Rather then go through all that I will just say it’s too soon To even make a evaluation on rookies

So you pretty much know nothing about the guy and copping out?

On 10/6/2018 at 11:09 PM, John from Riverside said:

I dont feel passionate about it enough to argue it with you.....you win

But you felt passionate enough to say that some guy is wrong a lot who does this for a living?

Then when someone asks you to prove what you're talking about, you go into that routine. 

22 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So you pretty much know nothing about the guy and copping out?

But you felt passionate enough to say that some guy is wrong a lot who does this for a living?

Then when someone asks you to prove what you're talking about, you go into that routine. 

That is pretty funny you must have me mixed up with someone else because I have NEVER just conceded a point on this board that was probably the first time ever and mostly because I have respect for the poster I was talking to

you however would not know that because I have zero respect for you so there is that

It’s nothing to get worked up over, but the absence of TE here is questionable. Van der Esch makes it despite barely playing until the fourth game of the year. He’s barely generated any noteworthy plays and his snap count has to be way lower than TE (admittedly haven’t checked). I think as a Panthers fan looking at this list that there are a few guys who are still living a bit off their glowing scout reports done by the likes of the very same DJ. I mean in truth he’s gonna have his bias which he will need to shake. There’s also the obvious shoutouts to big market and high picks. It’s sports media.

I like Allen. I said it predraft and I haven’t changed my mind. I think just like the Bills he will prove people wrong. In years to come everyone will pretend that they saw something in JA rather than admitting their doubt. It’s just the way things go. It’s just hard to project with that car crash oline and KB (sorry about that). Keep the faith lads.

Here’s a better list:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/284076/baker-mayfield-debuts-in-top-10-rookie-rankings

Edited by Seoul_panther
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 9:57 PM, BillsRdue said:

Did anyone on the Bills deserve to be on this list? Not with their play so far. Time to step it up, starting tomorrow.

Johnson has been pretty freaking strong so far, just not flashy

23 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That is pretty funny you must have me mixed up with someone else because I have NEVER just conceded a point on this board that was probably the first time ever and mostly because I have respect for the poster I was talking to

you however would not know that because I have zero respect for you so there is that

I'd think less of myself if you respected me.

Lol at your respect.

I like DJ a lot, probably one of my favorite talent evaluators. He is fair and honest, willing to admit when he's wrong, and very rarely gets a hobby horse player that he gets stuck on. Bucky Brooks, who shares a Pod with DJ, is more annoying. 

That being said- I don't mind them not being on there. Argument could be made that Johnson is our best rookie at this point. I do question how Darnold warrants a spot, and Allen doesn't. But I'm not going to lose sleep on it. 

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I like DJ a lot, probably one of my favorite talent evaluators. He is fair and honest, willing to admit when he's wrong, and very rarely gets a hobby horse player that he gets stuck on. Bucky Brooks, who shares a Pod with DJ, is more annoying. 

That being said- I don't mind them not being on there. Argument could be made that Johnson is our best rookie at this point. I do question how Darnold warrants a spot, and Allen doesn't. But I'm not going to lose sleep on it. 

I hope Allen turns out better, and I know darnold has thrown some had interceptions. But his stats are better, he's moved the ball more, he just looks better.

Who cares what some national sports writer thinks of our rookies?

Beat the Texas on Sunday and that's three wins in four games. That'd be pretty good for a rookie QB and MLB.

I really feel like our young guys like Edmonds and Taron Johnson should not be snubbed on things like this

Our defense is playing lights out and those two players are a big reason why.

In the big scheme of things....it does not matter.....they will force ppl to recognize them

Well obviously Allen wouldn't make the top 25 rookies...he's not even close to decent yet.

More upsetting is that Edmunds isn't on here. Yes, he's young, but he was supposed to be one of those guys you could plug in right away & have a huge impact. Plenty of other LB rookies have done it, even those you don't expect much of anything from (like Kiko Alonso).

There's 6 LB's on this top 25 list, with many being only a year or 2 older. Edmunds hasn't been nearly as bad as Allen so far, but he's still not excelling as much as I hoped he would. I figured he'd for sure be one of the 6 best rookie LB's, or top 25 rookies period at this point in the season. Oh well, can only hope he plays lights out the rest of the year.

Edited by BigDingus

On 10/7/2018 at 1:11 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cite examples of him being wrong.  He's a guy who not only scouts players during their CFB careers, but watches film on players all across the league.  At any rate, let's see what you have to back up your assertion. 

And was an actual scout in an actual NFL personnel department and working with bona fide NFL guys in Ozzie and DeCosta. 

DJ might not get everything right - newflash: nobody does - but he puts the work in and is pretty good at what he does. 

On 10/7/2018 at 4:15 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bojorquez is our best rookie so far.  If one of our guys is on the list, it should be him.

No he isn't. 

Our best rookies are Taron Johnson and Harrison Phillips. 

• Like 2

Allen and Edmunds are not on the list because they have not played that well so far. The list does not say "this is the final evaluation of people 5 games into their careers and anyone not on it will never be good." It just lists the rookies who have been good so far. 

Allen has had 1 good game out of the 4 he has started and Edmunds (while he played better last week) is still having some issues - particularly gap discipline in the run game. Those tackles fans are cheering that he is making 8, 10, 15 yards down the field showing his speed and athleticism are almost exclusively because he is in the wrong spot to start with. 

It is not time to panic about either of these guys but getting angry because they are not getting praised when they don't yet deserve it is rather silly. 

On 10/7/2018 at 8:09 AM, John from Riverside said:

He is wrong a lot....basically

Jeremiah's smart. Sure he's wrong a lot. Everyone is when they're trying to predict the future often.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:35 AM, John from Riverside said:

Rather then go through all that I will just say it’s too soon To even make a evaluation on rookies

Nah. It's fine as long as what you're doing is evaluating what we've seen so far, without assuming that what we've seen so far is what we'll see going forward.

EDIT: I see this has become a thing in this thread. Sorry, John, didn't mean to pile on. You're a good poster.

On 10/7/2018 at 11:15 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bojorquez is our best rookie so far.  If one of our guys is on the list, it should be him.

Harrison Phillips or Taron Johnson.

This shouldn't worry anyone. Allen was seen as developmental and Edmunds was seen as terrifically athletic but needs to learn not to overrun plays and to hit the right holes. Allen was never going to be good this early and it was unlikely with Edmunds. 

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And was an actual scout in an actual NFL personnel department and working with bona fide NFL guys in Ozzie and DeCosta. 

DJ might not get everything right - newflash: nobody does - but he puts the work in and is pretty good at what he does. 

No he isn't. 

Our best rookies are Taron Johnson and Harrison Phillips. 

Bojorquez has been very good at the actual punting. There have been some extra things that were not so good

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bojorquez has been very good at the actual punting. There have been some extra things that were not so good

He hasn't. His hang times are atrocious. He has a big leg and at the moment that is it.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He hasn't. His hang times are atrocious. He has a big leg and at the moment that is it.

No it’s not. His avg were good and his net avg was very good until last week when Lacey wiffed a tackle and caused a huge return. Also he had the most inside the 20 in the league. He’s a good punter. Not a good holder apparently 

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No it’s not. His avg were good and his net avg was very good until last week when Lacey wiffed a tackle and caused a huge return. Also he had the most inside the 20 in the league. He’s a good punter. Not a good holder apparently 

Check the stats. Worst hang time in the league. 

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Check the stats. Worst hang time in the league. 

Check the inside 20 and avg. those are what I usually care about