FIRE Daboll ASAP

11 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

What? The Bills were down 3 scores the entire 2nd half. All they needed was a touchdown and they would've been right back in it. They played like they were down 30 to nothing the entire game. If you agree with the play calling then I don't know what to say.

Then that would be an extreme injustice to the veterans on this team like Lorax or Kyle who are trying to build off the momentum of last year. 

Are you kidding me? LOL I've hated the Daboll signing as soon as it happened and 1 out of 4 games is not going to change my stance. If he can start putting together multiple games of competent offense opposed to getting blown out 75% of the time then maybe he'll earn my respect. Allen is what he is which is a Rookie who is going to be up and down regardless of the play calling. It's up to Daboll to make it easier on him which he most certainly isn't calling f*#@ing 5 wide sets on 3rd and manageables with a rookie QB, crap offensive line, and even crappier recievers. RUN THE BALL ! if you can't see that this isn't the problem then i'll be back to say I told you so when he gets fired.

Where did you empty your septic tank before joining TSW?  And does this mean you promise to leave until then?

16 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

What candidates were so much better? Mike McCoy?

Yes, that would've been a better option. How about somebody up and coming and not a burned out re-tread with mediocre success like Daboll? EDIT: shoot, they would've been better off with Chan Gailey as sad as that is. At least he could turn chicken #@! into chicken soup

12 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Where did you empty your septic tank before joining TSW?  And does this mean you promise to leave until then?

the buffalobills.com forums I posted for years and I've always lurked here. And nope, you're stuck with me. I'm going to bump the hell out of this thread when he gets fired. Trust me

13 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

The had their fire sale a couple of years ago.

They are ahead of the Bills by 1 to 2 years in their "total rebuild".

Yeah, that usually happens when you have multiple top 5 picks year after year after year. I think Baker Mayfield was the obvious choice for everyone at number 1. They picked the consensus top dudes and now they have a future star QB and pass rusher. Anyone could've made those picks. The Bills took a HUGE gamble to get Allen

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

12 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Yes, that would've been a better option. How about somebody up and coming and not a burned out re-tread with mediocre success like Daboll? EDIT: shoot, they would've been better off with Chan Gailey as sad as that is. At least he could turn chicken #@! into chicken soup

the buffalobills.com forums I posted for years and I've always lurked here. And nope, you're stuck with me. I'm going to bump the hell out of this thread when he gets fired. Trust me

Yeah, that usually happens when you have multiple top 5 picks year after year after year. I think Baker Mayfield was the obvious choice for everyone at number 1. They picked the consensus top dudes and now they have a future star QB and pass rusher. Anyone could've made those picks. The Bills took a HUGE gamble to get Allen

In what universe is Mike McCoy an "up-and-comer?" 

19 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

This line is atrocious, and you think it's easy to establish the run. Gotcha. 

Yeah, okay. Lesean McCoy 5 carries 24 yards and a 4.8 average. I know it's a small sample size, but if you're a Bills fan then you know Shady progresses with more carries and eventually he's gonna break one. He's the type of back that doesn't need an amazing offensive line. My point is you don't really know if you try. 

13 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

In what universe is Mike McCoy an "up-and-comer?" 

He's a decent coordinator with success in this league. FYI he orchestrated a playoff run with Tim freakin Tebow. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

21 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Could be.  That was definitely the case for Carson Wentz which is why you should give Daboll at least the rest of the season.  All I'm saying is if the rest of the season mirrors yesterday you should pry look for a more accomplished offensive coordinator next year to see if Allen can develop into a franchise QB.

I guess I disagree even with that, Doc.

Our offensive personnel are not NFL-quality and our QB is looking like a clueless rookie. (Understandable, as he actually is a clueless rookie.) 

If the rest of the season mirrors yesterday, certainly Daboll shouldn't be safe. He should be evaluated very very carefully, but I could see that evaluation going either way. They could say, "Daboll just didn't do the job," or they could say, "He put them in position to do OK but the players simply couldn't execute."

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Bandito said:

Having a D minded HC is so outdated. Look at McVay in  LA, Reid in KC,  Nagy in Chi among others. McD just isn't a quality HC in the league.

Yeah, it's sad we have a defensive guy like Belichick and Zimmer, two of the four coaches in the conference championships last year.

As for McD, we'll know a few years down the road. But yeah, knee-jerk reactions are way more fun.

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, it's sad we have a defensive guy like Belichick and Zimmer, two of the four coaches in the conference championships last year.

As for McD, we'll know a few years down the road. But yeah, knee-jerk reactions are way more fun.

You're right. I posted this out of anger right after the loss so I was kind of emotional, but I stand by my opinion of Daboll he sucks. You give lesean 5 carries when he's averaging 4.8 yards and instead resort to shotgun formations and deep pass plays? That makes no sense to me. Now that I'm cooled off I am willing to give it a couple more games if they start scoring at least 2 TD's a game, but another blow out accompanied with stupid play calls then he should be out of here.

7 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

You're right. I posted this out of anger right after the loss so I was kind of emotional, but I stand by my opinion of Daboll he sucks. You give lesean 5 carries when he's averaging 4.8 yards and instead resort to shotgun formations and deep pass plays? That makes no sense to me. Now that I'm cooled off I am willing to give it a couple more games if they start scoring at least 2 TD's a game, but another blow out accompanied with stupid play calls then he should be out of here.

If only what we are "willing to give it" mattered. It doesn't. Not what you are willing to give it and not what I or any other fans are willing to give it.

What matters is what he gets. And that is very likely to be the rest of the year at least. One thing that is certain is that Daboll is being handicapped by the offensive personnel.

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

If only what we are "willing to give it" mattered. It doesn't. Not what you are willing to give it and not what I or any other fans are willing to give it.

What matters is what he gets. And that is very likely to be the rest of the year at least. One thing that is certain is that Daboll is being handicapped by the offensive personnel.

And the offensive personnel is being handicapped by Daboll. Chicken or the egg? We have a borderline HOF half back. What a waste of $. Might as well ship him off to the Steelers if we're just going to use him as a decoy and blocker. 

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Aaaaaaaaand there it is.

There what is? There's a lot of quality posters from BBMB that are now on here. Take your 38k posts and cram 'em up your @SS. I don't really care if you have clout on a freakin message board. Go insult somebody who cares.

25 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I guess I disagree even with that, Doc.

Our offensive personnel are not NFL-quality and our QB is looking like a clueless rookie. (Understandable, as he actually is a clueless rookie.) 

If the rest of the season mirrors yesterday, certainly Daboll shouldn't be safe. He should be evaluated very very carefully, but I could see that evaluation going either way. They could say, "Daboll just didn't do the job," or they could say, "He put them in position to do OK but the players simply couldn't execute."

They'll go with the former.  They weren't hesitant in firing Rick Dennison after one season and our WR core last year was almost as bad as what we have now. 

I look at it in terms of self preservation.  McDermott and Beane know their fates are tied to Josh Allen.  If they don't see improvement from him and our offense continues to be putrid, they're going to try and find a coach who has had more of a track record of success as both an offensive coordinator and developing young QB's.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/1/2018 at 2:53 AM, John from Riverside said:

What if they are not trying to save their season?

What if we are rebiulding and going 8-8 doesnt really help us this year?

Hmmmmmm

But you're going to be praising them for last year and over achieving despite how counterproductive that is to what you are praising them for doing this year.

Got it. I guess I shouldn't even be surprised anymore.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yea I am not sold at all that only offensive guys can make successful Head Coaches. I don’t buy that. What I am coming round to is the idea that it is probably easier to find a good DC than a good OC (because good OCs seem to become HC candidates more quickly). Maybe you need a proven OC who is a failed HC? Hue Jackson might fit that profile.

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

There what is? There's a lot of quality posters from BBMB that are now on here. Take your 38k posts and cram 'em up your @SS. I don't really care if you have clout on a freakin message board. Go insult somebody who cares.

Alas, you are not one of them.  And I HATE it when I agree with Joe.  It makes me feel all dirty.  

Time for the Bills version of the Smurfs (Old Redskins WR adage for those scratching their heads) .. take Allen to three step drops since he appears to be struggling on 7 step drops and turning into defenders and have him hammer throws on quick slants/bubble screens to Ray Ray, Zay, Holmes, Foster (let them create after the catch) .... Bench Benjamin since he's too tall to be a Smurf, though his hands are blue (aka ice cold).

• 2 weeks later...