McDermott not pleased with WRs in practice

YoloinOhio

Allen has two and a half games under his belt and he is still learning the scheme. He is still learning the different defenses and protections. Meanwhile it take time to get in sync with the different receivers as they figure out what works and what doesn't. 

KB has a history of not being that great at catching the ball as he was a 50% guy in Carolina in his rookie year 175 targets, 73 catches, 1008 yards, 9 TDs, a 50.3 catch%. 

That said KB can be a very valuable red zone target for Allen at 6'5'' 245. McD should show the kid film of how Mike Evans does things and maybe he might learn something. That size and weight he should be like a TE out there. He just need to work that jugs machine. I'm also thinking that the receivers coach Terry Robiskie isn't working his crew hard enough.

I like having Sean McDermott as the head coach. I like the way he operates. When it has come together at times for this team the Bills can really look elite. 

I'm saying to turn it around in game 3 against a highly touted opponent in a total dominant performance. Having your rookie QB score enough points in the first half to she'll up and secure his first win. 

The Bills have emerged at points under this guys reign. 

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

I like having Sean McDermott as the head coach. I like the way he operates. When it has come together at times for this team the Bills can really look elite. 

I'm saying to turn it around in game 3 against a highly touted opponent in a total dominant performance. Having your rookie QB score enough points in the first half to she'll up and secure his first win. 

The Bills have emerged at points under this guys reign. 

I think as well getting there. They still need so much talent. KB is not number 1 to me. I think they should gut the whole WR core and start new. 

Woods was offered a contract. He was a priority. He did not want to play here, but rather wanted to go home to LA. Please stop saying the Bills let him go. As far as Sammy, did you want to pay him 16m a year? If so ok, I don’t think he’s proved that worth yet...I think they did the rt thing by cashing in on him. That being said, the wr room needs an overhaul but I trust they’ll do it.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

So this is basically, “yeah the receivers suck right now, but they might not later” the post. 

I will spare you the suspense. The WR group as it stands will suck today, tomorrow and next week. If I could put money on 5/6 of them in that group being gone next year, I would. 

Well, that's certainly one guess. Thing is, guesses can be wrong or right. And you have to wait to find out. 

9 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Allen has two and a half games under his belt and he is still learning the scheme. He is still learning the different defenses and protections. Meanwhile it take time to get in sync with the different receivers as they figure out what works and what doesn't. 

KB has a history of not being that great at catching the ball as he was a 50% guy in Carolina in his rookie year 175 targets, 73 catches, 1008 yards, 9 TDs, a 50.3 catch%. 

That said KB can be a very valuable red zone target for Allen at 6'5'' 245. McD should show the kid film of how Mike Evans does things and maybe he might learn something. That size and weight he should be like a TE out there. He just need to work that jugs machine. I'm also thinking that the receivers coach Terry Robiskie isn't working his crew hard enough.

That stat, percentage of targets that are catches, isn't a receiver stat. It's a stat that has input on both sides, receivers and QBs. And Cam Newton is not a wildly accurate QB.

Not to mention that other things affect that stat. For example, if you're a WR who is targeted more on longer routes, your percentage will be lower, as completion percentages simply get lower the farther your pass is. Wouldn't be surprised if a WR who gets targeted on a lot of jump balls had lower numbers as well, though I can't say that for sure.

In any case, if you do look at that stat, targets to catches, you learn that this year is an outlier for Benjamin, that he's doing much worse this year than he ever has. Could that continue? Sure, but that's not how you'd bet it.

Edited by Thurman#1

22 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

its not about how big the sample size is. It’s about showing how bad they have been in that time. And it’s bad. End of story. There’s really no way to spin it. 

If you judge by that standard, then you clearly "knew" Peyton Manning was bad by the end of his first year. "Bad. End of story," in your words, and yet, it really wasn't the end of the story for Peyton, anymore than what we've seen so far is the end of the Bills story.

I'm not spinning anything. 

Three games simply isn't enough to know. It just isn't.

Particularly not when you're judging a GM who's been on board for one draft and a half a year more, and a GM who promised his owner to clear up the horrible cap situation he'd been left by the previous GM by the end of this year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

If you judge by that standard, then you clearly "knew" Peyton Manning was bad by the end of his first year. "Bad. End of story," in your words, and yet, it really wasn't the end of the story for Peyton, anymore than what we've seen so far is the end of the Bills story.

I'm not spinning anything. 

Three games simply isn't enough to know. It just isn't.

Particularly not when you're judging a GM who's been on board for one draft and a half a year more, and a GM who promised his owner to clear up the horrible cap situation he'd been left by the previous GM by the end of this year.

right because judging a couple of vets at the top of our wr lineup that are dropping balls is the same as judging a rookie at the hardest position on the field.... good comparison, bruh.

stop it. the wr group was bad last year. it was bad coming into this year. it'll be sorry at the end of the year too. 

and i'm not judging beane soley off of this. I like beane and McDermott quite a bit...…… but the wr's blow. i'm confident they know that(even though you don't) and i'm confident they will go about fixing it for the young qb in the future.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

16 hours ago, DJB said:

Ive never seen a worse group of bums playing WR for one team. Its truly terrible 

If you look at the roster two of the five WRs are rookies in Ray-Ray McCloud 5'9'' 190 lbs. ran a 4.53 40, Robert Foster 6'2'' 196 lbs. Ran a 4.45 40. 

The other WRs

Zay Jones 6'2'' 200 lbs. Ran a 4.45-40 now in his second year. 

Kelvin Benjamin 6'5'' 245 lbs. Ran a 4.61-40 Now in his fourth year. 

Andre Holmes 6'4'' 210 lbs. Ran a 4.45-40 Now in his seventh year. 

This is a relatively young group with three of the five being inexperienced and If I'm not mistaken the WRs coach has never been an NFL receivers coach previously. Nobody in the group will put the fear of that speedy deep threat like Watkins used to do with his 4.3 speed. We just need to hope that Allen can get into more sync with these men and use his arm to help them. They all need to learn to catch lasers and missiles. 

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

If you look at the roster two of the five WRs are rookies in Ray-Ray McCloud 5'9'' 190 lbs. ran a 4.53 40, Robert Foster 6'2'' 196 lbs. Ran a 4.45 40. 

The other WRs

Zay Jones 6'2'' 200 lbs. Ran a 4.45-40 now in his second year. 

Kelvin Benjamin 6'5'' 245 lbs. Ran a 4.61-40 Now in his fourth year. 

Andre Holmes 6'4'' 210 lbs. Ran a 4.45-40 Now in his seventh year. 

This is a relatively young group with three of the five being inexperienced and If I'm not mistaken the WRs coach has never been an NFL receivers coach previously. Nobody in the group will put the fear of that speedy deep threat like Watkins used to do with his 4.3 speed. We just need to hope that Allen can get into more sync with these men and use his arm to help them. They all need to learn to catch lasers and missiles. 

Not true. Robiskie has coached WRs for quite a few years in the NFL. 

41 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not true. Robiskie has coached WRs for quite a few years in the NFL. 

You are correct sir, as pro football reference only showed his record as OC, HC, dunno why. 

Upon looking deeper he was a WR coach with the Redskins 94-98, Browns 2001-2003, Atlanta 2005-2015. 

Still, looking at his coaching record you would think this group of receivers would perform better then they have. 

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

You are correct sir, as pro football reference only showed his record as OC, HC, dunno why. 

Upon looking deeper he was a WR coach with the Redskins 94-98, Browns 2001-2003, Atlanta 2005-2015. 

Still, looking at his coaching record you would think this group of receivers would perform better then they have. 

So you want chicken salad made from chicken feathers?

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So you want chicken salad made from chicken feathers?

The biggest problem I see is the drops by everyone and that can be corrected. Well, almost everyone as McCoy is probably the best receiver on the team. Maybe he should be teaching the others. 

Anyway, I want this receivers coach to do his job and teach these young men to catch missiles if that's what it takes!  If Allen fires off missiles most of the time then they should learn to catch those. 

9 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The biggest problem I see is the drops by everyone and that can be corrected. Well, almost everyone as McCoy is probably the best receiver on the team. Maybe he should be teaching the others. 

Anyway, I want this receivers coach to do his job and teach these young men to catch missiles if that's what it takes!  If Allen fires off missiles most of the time then they should learn to catch those. 

Allen throwing the ball too hard hasn't been the issue with the dropped passes.  The coach can't do anything about concentration lapses in the heat of battle. 

On 9/27/2018 at 5:44 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....seriously?...how could you be that stupid?.....you know damn well you have an all business/no nonsense HC and you want to test his mettle?.....you're a marginal player that barely made the final 53 and you show up in a clown suit?....

Doesn't he know #53 on a 53 man roster is the safest person on the roster?  Damn you, McD.

Our WRs have been terrible through 3 games.

Foster, KB and Clay each dropped 1 or 2 passes in the Vikings game alone.

Very disappointing because I thought they couldn't get worse from the last couple years.

The good news is that they're getting open and Allen's getting them the ball. Now they need to learn how to catch.