The Mike Pettine defense

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, QCity said:

Pettine's pressure schemes were always incredibly fun to watch. Probably the most entertaining A22 footage to breakdown if you are into that sort of thing. This should be quite the daunting test for Allen.

heLP82E.gif

This would probably be roughing the passer in today’s game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, QCity said:

Pettine's pressure schemes were always incredibly fun to watch. Probably the most entertaining A22 footage to breakdown if you are into that sort of thing. This should be quite the daunting test for Allen.

heLP82E.gif

I expect Pettine to dial up a lot of different pre-snap looks and blitzes for our rookie QB on Sunday. 

I am planning a post on my pre-Green Bay scouting but to preview what I see on their defense:

- the front 4 is good and is active. They play the run on the way to the Quarterback and get penetration - if your back wants to dance in the backfield they will get there and shut you down;

- if you can control that front 4 you can run at will on them because the linebackers lack gap discipline and there are running lanes there;

- they use Clinton-Dix to match up with tight ends a lot;

- the seam is constantly open. It ends up being a single safety look a lot of the time and the safety back there really struggles in coverage and he (and both corners) get very grabby. 

• Like (+1) 2