Tre White is the Best Player On the Bills Now

Domdab99

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

But then we would have not had josh Allen so I don’t know what YOU are talking about

anf before you make the stupid comment that we would not have needed josh we instead thought it would be better to have a shutdown corner

not a bad decision teally

Why would we want Josh Allen if we had Mahomes?  LOL.  That's the silliest thing I've heard.  "Drafting Mahomes would've cost us Allen."

Edited by BringBackOrton

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The. You decide to make the comment anyway brilliant

Bro, you literally just said:

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

But then we would have not had josh Allen so I don’t know what YOU are talking about

anf before you make the stupid comment that we would not have needed josh we instead thought it would be better to have a shutdown corner

not a bad decision teally

Just because you predicted that I'd call your stupid point stupid doesn't make it any less stupid.

Edited by BringBackOrton

11 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes , Tre White is the best player on this team today...maybe he won’t be by December if JA keeps developing..

They better re-sign Tre when he is off his rookie deal...Pay him the highest CB deal if he deserves it at the time..

How good could this team be by 2022? Hopefully one trophy in the vault and another one on the way...

If he wants $20 million you trade him before the draft after year 4. I'd rather have 4 good corners than 1 elite one. Or I'd rather have an elite safety.

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If he wants $20 million you trade him before the draft after year 4. I'd rather have 4 good corners than 1 elite one. Or I'd rather have an elite safety.

We will most certainly exercise Tre's fifth year deal.  No one will trade for a player without a guarantee they will re-sign.  We should re-sign Tre, because stars win in the NFL, not decent players.

22 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

We will most certainly exercise Tre's fifth year deal.  No one will trade for a player without a guarantee they will re-sign.  We should re-sign Tre, because stars win in the NFL, not decent players.

Who was Philly's star corner on their super bowl team? New England? Green Bay? 

Having a shutdown corner is like having an elite defensive tackle. They're neat and all, but they won't win you a championship unless you have an otherwise all time great defense.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Having a shutdown corner is like having an elite defensive tackle. They're neat and all, but they won't win you a championship unless you have an otherwise all time great defense.

Gilmore.    

I didn't say you needed star corners.  I said you needed stars, which Tre is.  The Eagles had a ton of stars last year.

Green Bay hasn't won in Super Bowl in almost a decade so that's kind of a weird comment.  They actually have had a garbage defense devoid of stars which is pretty much the reason why they can't win another one with a top 3 QB in NFL history.

Edited by BringBackOrton

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Gilmore.    

I didn't say you needed star corners.  I said you needed stars, which Tre is.  The Eagles had a ton of stars last year.

Green Bay hasn't won in Super Bowl in almost a decade so that's kind of a weird comment.  They actually have had a garbage defense devoid of stars which is pretty much the reason why they can't win another one with a top 3 QB in NFL history.

And didn't the Packers have Charles Woodson on their last Superbowl team? I mean he was pretty good. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

First of all New England ALWAYS have 2 top #1 cornerbacks: Logan Ryan and Brandon Browner, Brandon Browner and Darelle Revis, Brandon Browner and Darrelle Revis AND Malcom Butler, Malcom Butler and Logan Ryan, Malcom Butler and Stephon Gilmore. At almost all these points, their #2 was better than our #1. And uh.. Devin McCourty the ENTIRE time. They value that secondary because having the strongest unit they have to support Brady getting them up points, forcing teams to air it out is a pretty darn good recipe for success.

Philly got rocked in their secondary by the way, could have used some Brady help. So did the Patriots, could have used some Butler.

If you want to point out Green Bay's 2010 superbowl team? Turns out they did what the Pats do! 2 probowl cornerbacks in CHARLES Woodson, and Tramon Williams, not to mention and up and coming Sam Shields. Again, their second best unit!

And I'll go down the list.. Seahawks had the best secondary in the league. Polamalu's Steelers had one of the best secondaries in the league. The Broncos won with a pass rush and two all pro cornerbacks in Talib and Chris Harris Jr..

I'm hard pressed to see a secondary that wasn't a huge reason for a team's success. I'll give you the Eagles.. and it skinned them alive.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And didn't the Packers have Charles Woodson on their last Superbowl team? I mean he was pretty good. 

They had Tramon Williams and young Sam Shields. Of course they had a loaded secondary. Haven't since, and haven't won a SB since. If you have that kind of passing attack you get a secondary to squash teams forced to pass. Patriots live and breathe by that. Post needs to be fact checked big time.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

There is nothing wrong with having the highest paid player at a needed position like CB if they are indeed the best player at that position.

If Tre is the best CB pay him accordingly... If he is Top 5 pay him accordingly... 

9 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

They had Tramon Williams and young Sam Shields. Of course they had a loaded secondary. Haven't since, and haven't won a SB since. If you have that kind of passing attack you get a secondary to squash teams forced to pass. Patriots live and breathe by that. Post needs to be fact checked big time.

I forgot about Williams and couldn't remember if Shields was there by then or not. But with Woodson I seem to recall him missing time early that year and Green Bay's pass defense struggling and then there being a real spike when he came back and they made a playoff run. I am pretty sure that was the Superbowl year. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I forgot about Williams and couldn't remember if Shields was there by then or not. But with Woodson I seem to recall him missing time early that year and Green Bay's pass defense struggling and then there being a real spike when he came back and they made a playoff run. I am pretty sure that was the Superbowl year. 

Ignore that last bit on Woodson. Wrong season. I blame old age.

Still the point stands. He was a star corner probable HoFer and was on that Superbowl team. 

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

lol.

dude, this is so true.  fans get up their own crack about position X is worthless (often DBs on this board) or position Y is THE MOST IMPORTANT (like OTs were for so long after that stupid book and worse movie.  i remember hearing people talk about BUILD TEH LOINS FIRST, THEN SKILL PLAYERS).

the reality is lots of positions count, just some more than others.

i'd rank them

QB

Pass rusher (generally DE, could be OLB or even DT but that's more rare)

CB

offensive play maker (now it's usually WR, could be RB or TE)

OL (generally, LT, LG, RT, RG, C)

DT
LB (non pass rusher)

Safety

now a great LB may be more important than a good CB or ok pass rusher, but the above is a fairly general position premium breakdown.

the rub on CB is -- they cost a ton and you get less of a drop off from an OK vet to a decent/very good rookie.  so lots of teams draft em high and you seem them walk, much less so w pass rusher or QB.  RBs are like this too, so they have dropped in value some, but we are seeing that trend reverse.

thankfully the over valuation of LTs is mostly over.  having a good unit of OL is much much better than having one star and a few scrubs.  that can work on the DL cuz one monster frees up everyone else, but on OL they have to work more as a unit.

i remember some busto Ts going high, 2nd pick after clowny, and a top 3 pick to the rams before that who ended up backing up on the jets (from baylor or something).  also, 3 of the top 4 picks one year (when kc traded for Alex smiff from SF) were LTs and i think only one of them really got some burn as a starting LT.  people thought LTs were just can't miss because there were a few good ones taken really early.  we even got our own fat waste of space out of fat waste of space U, Texas, in mike williams

2 minutes ago, colin said:

lol.

dude, this is so true.  fans get up their own crack about position X is worthless (often DBs on this board) or position Y is THE MOST IMPORTANT (like OTs were for so long after that stupid book and worse movie.  i remember hearing people talk about BUILD TEH LOINS FIRST, THEN SKILL PLAYERS).

the reality is lots of positions count, just some more than others.

i'd rank them

QB

Pass rusher (generally DE, could be OLB or even DT but that's more rare)

CB

offensive play maker (now it's usually WR, could be RB or TE)

OL (generally, LT, LG, RT, RG, C)

DT
LB (non pass rusher)

Safety

now a great LB may be more important than a good CB or ok pass rusher, but the above is a fairly general position premium breakdown.

the rub on CB is -- they cost a ton and you get less of a drop off from an OK vet to a decent/very good rookie.  so lots of teams draft em high and you seem them walk, much less so w pass rusher or QB.  RBs are like this too, so they have dropped in value some, but we are seeing that trend reverse.

thankfully the over valuation of LTs is mostly over.  having a good unit of OL is much much better than having one star and a few scrubs.  that can work on the DL cuz one monster frees up everyone else, but on OL they have to work more as a unit.

i remember some busto Ts going high, 2nd pick after clowny, and a top 3 pick to the rams before that who ended up backing up on the jets (from baylor or something).  also, 3 of the top 4 picks one year (when kc traded for Alex smiff from SF) were LTs and i think only one of them really got some burn as a starting LT.  people thought LTs were just can't miss because there were a few good ones taken really early.  we even got our own fat waste of space out of fat waste of space U, Texas, in mike williams

The bottom line is that it's hard enough to acquire star or superstar level players.  You should focus on keeping the ones you have, while being smart with your cap to maintain flexibility to open a championship window.  Maybe let a decent OG walk in FA so you can pay a star.  Or sign some cheap backup RB's instead of dedicating a ton of cap to the position.  

But no team, and I mean, no team, ever wins a Superbowl without a star studded cast.  Letting them walk because they cost a lot is unforgivable.