The Baker Era Has Begun in Cleveland

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is interesting......did you think Josh Allen's fumble was "his fault" when his knee was clearly down?  

I honestly didn't see the play so I can't comment. Obviously Baker is credited with a fumble but it wasn't his fault. If Allen's was really down then yes he'll be credited with a fumble but it wouldn't be his fault.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

9 drops to be exact.

I said it all last college football season, all offseason, and leading up to the draft that Baker was the best QB prospect in this draft.  This is who I wanted the most.  

That being said, by draft time, Allen had won me over rising from the end of top 4 or 5 list to right behind Baker.  So thrilled with Allen and I think we got ourselves a special QB too.  Quite honestly, I think its very possible that 5 years down the line, the 2 best QB's out of this class will be Baker and Allen and they will be among the top 5 QB's in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I said it all last college football season, all offseason, and leading up to the draft that Baker was the best QB prospect in this draft.  This is who I wanted the most.  

That being said, by draft time, Allen had won me over rising from the end of top 4 or 5 list to right behind Baker.  So thrilled with Allen and I think we got ourselves a special QB too.  Quite honestly, I think its very possible that 5 years down the line, the 2 best QB's out of this class will be Baker and Allen and they will be among the top 5 QB's in the NFL.  

This really is what I cannot understand for the life of me.

I understand that ppl had their favorites in the draft......and I know there is a group that are crying about Mahommes.

but does it REALLY matter as long as Josh Allen becomes a good player for us?   I see so much of nitpicking the crap out of Josh Allen and promoting every little thing other QB's do......Josh Allen has done some really nice things on the field already overall and he is supposed to be the most RAW (and maybe he is) out of all these 1st round high pick guys.....and that is with a horrible surrounding cast.

Just be happy that the bills took a qb of the future and get behind him.   The "insert qb" that you wanted is not coming......the train has left the station.....start rooking for Josh Allen to succeed instead of hoping for him to fail so you can be right on the internet (I hereby vote for each and everyone of of you to be "winners of the internet"

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Baker's legit. Going to take some lumps and make mistakes but a leader who can throw perfectly paced and placed strikes.  Fantastic pre-snap reads and intelligent leader out there.  Definitely the best QB in the draft, IMO.  Browns are set.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2018 at 12:23 PM, ngbills said:

The thing abut Tyrod is somehow he keeps games close or its just random. Go look at his gamelog and most of his games are close. Actually most of his blowouts came with McD. 

That will happen when it's 3 years vs 3 games no? Tyrod flat out can't read a defense.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:23 AM, ngbills said:

The thing abut Tyrod is somehow he keeps games close or its just random. Go look at his gamelog and most of his games are close. Actually most of his blowouts came with McD. 

Well Rex was a better coach than McD

• 2 weeks later...

What we learned from Sunday's Week 8 games

Pittsburgh Steelers 33, Cleveland Browns 18

1. Baker Mayfield took his lumps in a rough-and-tumble outing that saw the Browns rookie passer constantly on the run as Cleveland amassed just five yards in the third quarter. Unable to close drives, the Browns squeezed out 10 marches that went for fewer than 30 yards (including four for negative real estate) and finished at just 4.0 yards per play. Mayfield threw a deep shot that was picked off by ex-Browns corner Joe Haden, a turnover that set up a long Steelers touchdown drive before the half. The first-overall pick returned in the third quarter to unfurl a pretty scoring strike to Antonio Callaway and a garbage-time touchdown to Seth DeValve, but those were the lone bright spots on a day hurt by kicker Greg Joseph missing a 41-yard field goal and an extra point. Embattled left tackle Desmond Harrisonalso killed the team with a hold in the end zone for a Steelers safety.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He is a good player but a world class jerk on the field. He also seems very much like a ‘me’ guy. I could be totally wrong and have no clue what he is like in real life. 

Watch his "Mic'ed Up" thing from the Atlanta game, especially the Chubb long TD run and tell me he's a "me" guy. He can be a jerk to opposing teams, but his teammates love him. 

200lbs Jarvis Landry was all over 285lbs Carlos Dunlap after a questionable hit on Mayfield last week too.

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1