Jump to content
joesixpack

Is shaq lawson a bust?

Shaq Lawson, Whaley Bust or Not?  

43 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Shaq Lawson a total bust?



Recommended Posts

Yea or Nay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billzfan said:

Who??

 

Exactly. Further proof of Whaley's epic fail in the draft.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't usually write guys off, this early but I haven't seen anything special from him. DL usually flash their potential early.

 

I actually havent seen any flashes from our rookie DT either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

th5AIOR5O9.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need an undecided option.  I voted "Not a bust", but not because hes proven hes not a bust, just because he hasn't proven he is a bust...yet.  For me, he gets this season to show what he is or isn't.  I will make my determination based on how he does this year.  

 

I will say he is closer to bust status than not bust status at this point though.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You need an undecided option.  I voted "Not a bust", but not because hes proven hes not a bust, just because he hasn't proven he is a bust...yet.  For me, he gets this season to show what he is or isn't.  I will make my determination based on how he does this year.  

 

I will say he is closer to bust status than not bust status at this point though.

 

What do you think “badger” was for 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From where he was drafted and how he has performed , the jury is still out. So far he's closer to becoming a bust. 

This is strictly based on being a first round pick. He has been solid against the run though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CoachT said:

I don't usually write guys off, this early but I haven't seen anything special from him. DL usually flash their potential early.

 

I actually havent seen any flashes from our rookie DT either.

FWIW, we don't see many flashes from anyone on this team these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Tully’s chicken fingers are very good, but I highly doubt they are the best on earth....

They’re good, but the chicken strips from Bojangles are hard to beat. As Ferris Beuller said “ if you have the means, I highly recommend it”. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JAG a bad pick even worse considering he was injured right from day 1 after being drafted  Whaley was a epic fail

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted bust.  He would probably be a good depth player, but that's not worthy of a 1st round pick.  Thanks Whaley!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Voted bust.  He would probably be a good depth player, but that's not worthy of a 1st round pick.  Thanks Whaley!

That's about where I am. If he was taken later I'd say he's a nice depth/role player. But you don't take guys for depth,in Rd 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CoachT said:

I don't usually write guys off, this early but I haven't seen anything special from him. DL usually flash their potential early.

 

I actually havent seen any flashes from our rookie DT either.

 

When Harrison Phillips is in you see the potential for an actual 4-man rush, versus the 3-man rush the Bills' D-line is relegated to with Star Lotulelei in the lineup.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was the 19th overall pick in the draft and this is his third year in the league.  He has had almost no impact other than being decent at setting the edge on run downs.  He can't get to the passer and that is what you need from defensive ends in the NFL.  Yes, he is an obvious bust. 

 

Another obvious pick that the Bills messed up.  We should have taken Darron Lee who went one pick later.  Just like Maybin over Orakpo and Whitner over Ngata.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yea or Nay

 

Unfamiliar with the use of the term "Badger" here, but since "a whole pack of Badgers" is usually a pretty good football team, imma say he's not that.

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

He is a shining WhaleyRyan gem.

 

Not to mention the Buffalo Bills medical staff that signed off on him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CoachT said:

I don't usually write guys off, this early but I haven't seen anything special from him. DL usually flash their potential early.

 

I actually havent seen any flashes from our rookie DT either.

He’s always the last one off the ball...that’s something special that I have seen from him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

 

What do you think “badger” was for 😛

 

Ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He was the 19th overall pick in the draft and this is his third year in the league.  He has had almost no impact other than being decent at setting the edge on run downs.  He can't get to the passer and that is what you need from defensive ends in the NFL.  Yes, he is an obvious bust. 

 

Another obvious pick that the Bills messed up.  We should have taken Darron Lee who went one pick later.  Just like Maybin over Orakpo and Whitner over Ngata.

 

Agreed although IMO Lee isn't anything special either. Not a lot of impact in NY; he comes off as another Kiko Alonso.

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×