Unless They Are 110% Sold on Allen, Bills Should Draft Another QB in 2019

BuffaloRush

They absolutely should. But they won't. The irony of possibly drafting first overall and passing on a QB because you sold the farm to take the third one off the board the year before..

Having said that, Allen could pan out and be better than any qb in 2019. Then again, it's the Bills. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s a terrible idea which is why no one ever does it. Allen is here through at least the next 31 games as the QB. If they determine at that point that they need someone else they will take their shot in 2020. You aren’t going to invest this much in a QB, give him the worst OL and WR group in the league and then pull the plug. The entire thought that this is possible is ridiculous. It happened once, 30 years ago. 

Here’s the thing with QB’s, the good ones are good right from the start.  Happened with Brett Favre, Russell Wilson etc.  I think at the end of 15 games you should know what you have.  What’s the difference going QB in 2019 vs 2020?

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here’s the thing with QB’s, the good ones are good right from the start.  Happened with Brett Favre, Russell Wilson etc.  I think at the end of 15 games you should know what you have.  What’s the difference going QB in 2019 vs 2020?

What?

I guess we're just going to ignore all those other Qbs that had rough starts.

Edited by Warcodered

4 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

This is a ridiculous, so very very ridiculous.  

Right.  Because we already have our franchise QB.

His name is EJ Manuel!  I was assured of this right here, by people like you, right after the Carolina comeback game.

That was September 15, 2013.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Goff

Aikman

Manning

Brees 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

His time is very valueable.  He spends about 20 hours a day checking hisTwitter feed and then scooping the crew over at TSA

Dude. What 26 does is a service to us all. You cannot say anything about the amount of quality content he supplies here. Regardless of his fake mustache.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

16 games? Was Peyton Manning good at the start? Jarred Goff? Carson Wentz? Pat Mahomes? Jimmy G? Cousins? Alex Smith? Just stop, quit while you are behind.

It is an atrocious idea to trade Glenn, a 1st and 2 seconds for a guy that you aren’t going to evaluate. If the Bills need a QB in 2019 it won’t be Beane and McDermott here to make that choice.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s a terrible idea which is why no one ever does it. Allen is here through at least the next 31 games as the QB. If they determine at that point that they need someone else they will take their shot in 2020. You aren’t going to invest this much in a QB, give him the worst OL and WR group in the league and then pull the plug. The entire thought that this is possible is ridiculous. It happened once, 30 years ago. 

You mean that happened to David Carr?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

So many inaccuracies, makes my brain hurt. Favre barely got on the field his first year, when he dit throw the ball it was to the other team. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

No not too long....just until about May 2022

I'm not sure how you, or anyone really, can predict this.  Way too many things in the air to predict the Beane/McD tenure duration.

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You know you don't have to participate in the conversation if you think it's ridiculous and already have all the answers.

I can see your free time is very valuable.

Loser....

:lol:

BTW, how's that Peterman reminds you of Brady thing working out? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

AMEN! It’s not that I want to see Peterman, I just don’t want to wreck Allen. Some will say give him the reps, I say go a few more games taking losses, and getting his beak wet. Next year could/should look very different. Have a plan, and stick to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

I suppose it's not completely out of the question but Allen would have to be Petermanesque consistently and I just don't see that happening.

Plus to take a QB that high next year would be to ignore all the many areas this team needs help in. 

Edited by Warcodered