Unless They Are 110% Sold on Allen, Bills Should Draft Another QB in 2019

BuffaloRush

I think that the Bills need to play Josh Allen ASAP because we need to see whether he’s the man or not.  

At the end of 2019, the team really need to evaluate him.  Because if he’s not the man, then the Bills should draft another QB - perhaps even at #1.  

Think about it, the QB makes everyone around them better, especially the OL and WR’s.  A good QB can overcome a bad defense by putting points on the boards - especially when they have the ball last.  

Unless the Bills are 110% that Allen is that guy, they should draft another QB.  Each week, the team basically plays the hot hand.  Then if the 2019 QB is the man and if Allen develops, you have two quality starting QB’s on rookie deals and Allen becomes a very valueable trading piece.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

But if he struggles this year and they have a chance to land the top QB in the draft, I’d say....do it.  2 good young QB’s on any team is a dream.

Please stop. This premise is ridiculous before game two of the 2018 season.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 5

This has been my thought process since the day they drafted Allen.  Unless he really lights it up in 2018, they should keep looking until they have a definite franchise QB.   Look how much it cost them to move up and get the "third" QB prospect in 2018.  If they have a top 5 pick in 2019 and there's a potential franchise QB sitting there they should draft him too.  If both pan out (like when the Chargers had Brees/Rivers) then we can always trade one for multiple 1s back.  And if Allen doesn't pan out, we're not waiting several years and giving up the same type of haul we gave up this year to draft the next "QB" of the future.  Hopefully this year will be an anomaly and we won't be drafting top 5 again anytime soon so make the most of the opportunity while it's available!

I don't think it's going to happen though.  My guess is a top 5 pick will get spent on an LT, Edge rusher, or WR depending on who's available.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pleas stop. This premise is ridiculous before game two of the 2018 season.  

I fully expect Allen to get the start on Sunday. My point is, if he’s still the same inconsistent QB he was at Wyoming with little signs of improving AND the Bills have the choice to draft a top QB....I say draft a new QB

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

I fully expect Allen to get the start on Sunday. My point is, if he’s still the same inconsistent QB he was at Wyoming with little signs of improving AND the Bills have the choice to draft a top QB....I say draft a new QB

Comedy Gold! :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

I couldn't agree more with the OP, but the Bills are NOT going to draft a QB with a high draft pick again next year.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't. 

Whoever said these were smart guys we're talking about any way?

If/when Allen washes out, so will McBeane...and at that point in time they will wish they had taken another top QB prospect to hedge their bet.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

So if he plays badly like he did at Wyoming where he lead a crappy team to an 8-6, and 8-5 record?

This thread reminds me of the one you did the other day about Jerry Sullivan not being terrible.

It's almost as if you specifically create threads that are bound to annoy a large chunk of the forum.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's Comedy Gold on Steroids. 

You don't know me and I'm thankful. :lol:

You know you don't have to participate in the conversation if you think it's ridiculous and already have all the answers.

I can see your free time is very valuable.

Loser....

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

I couldn't agree more with the OP, but the Bills are NOT going to draft a QB with a high draft pick again next year.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't. 

Whoever said these were smart guys we're talking about any way?

If/when Allen washes out, so will McBeane...and at that point in time they will wish they had taken another top QB prospect to hedge their bet.

No, see....that’s the thing.  Put it this way, what do you do if you lose all your money at pokers?  You say “double or nothing” and play one more round.  It’s a last ditch effort to save your arse.  

I see the QB in 2019 as Beane’s chance to go “double or nothing.”

Of course, this is all contingent on how Allen plays this year.  But if he goes south like pundits like Warren Sharp, Bill Barnwell, and several other pundits predicted, it’s time for that second chance.  Hey, it could happen

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

No, see....that’s the thing.  Put it this way, what do you do if you lose all your money at pokers?  You say “double or nothing” and play one more round.  It’s a last ditch effort to save your arse.  

I see the QB in 2019 as Beane’s chance to go “double or nothing.”

Of course, this is all contingent on how Allen plays this year.  But if he goes south like pundits like Warren Sharp, Bill Barnwell, and several other pundits predicted, it’s time for that second chance.  Hey, it could happen

Image result for no gif

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Fadingpain said:

You know you don't have to participate in the conversation if you think it's ridiculous and already have all the answers.

I can see your free time is very valuable.

Loser....

:lol:

:lol: Hilarious coming from you.  You define irony and don't even realize it. 

• Haha (+1) 2

It’s a terrible idea which is why no one ever does it. Allen is here through at least the next 31 games as the QB. If they determine at that point that they need someone else they will take their shot in 2020. You aren’t going to invest this much in a QB, give him the worst OL and WR group in the league and then pull the plug. The entire thought that this is possible is ridiculous. It happened once, 30 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Nope this is a message board.  You make threads....it’s like you know,  something people do a lot of message boards

Yes but all of yours suck.    So you should refrain.  

Im 110% sure of that ???

Edited by Teddy KGB