Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

Peterman is toast. He’s trent edwards after the adrian wilson hit. And unless he has the iron will of someone like winston churchill or someone comparable, he ain’t ever coming back.

3 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Kap would cost a lot. Peterman on a 5th round rookie contract? Cheap. 

So the one could argue it’s about managing the Kap (pun intended).

but yea, not a good look. 

Would Kaep cost that much at this point?

17 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Kapernick doesn't have a case.  He is out of the NFL because no team wants a backup caliber player that causes that much of a distraction and that many headaches for their teammates who will have to deal with a media circus and answer questions regarding Kaepernick all year long every media session.  The problem he has is that if he wants to cause elite level problems for an NFL team, he has to have elite level talent that forces them to have to put up with it.  He doesn't have that.  Plain and simple.  If this was Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Cam Newton teams would grudgingly put up with it because talent trumps everything in the NFL.

He’s backup caliber? Do we really know that though? When various NFL teams today started people like Nathan Peterman, Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor? Is Kaep a ‘backup’ on every team? I don’t think so. 

Edited by StrikeParry

12 minutes ago, StrikeParry said:

Peterman is toast. He’s trent edwards after the adrian wilson hit. And unless he has the iron will of someone like winston churchill or someone comparable, he ain’t ever coming back.

He’s backup caliber? Do we really know that though? When various NFL teams today started people like Nathan Peterman, Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor? Is Kaep a ‘backup’ on every team? I don’t think so. 

Yes, he is backup caliber.  It doesn't matter, if Peterman plays or not on a team, that doesn't change the fact that Kaepernick has sucked as a starting QB after his first year when he was new and before DC's figured him out.  Once they started taking away what he was good at, he never had any answer for it. No team is ever winning anything with Kaerpernick as their starting QB anymore. He regressed badly and was getting worse as he kept playing...not a good sign.

His numbers look OK but much of that came in garbage time after he was ineffective for long periods during games and the team was losing badly. Another example of how stats can lie.

So yes, if he isn't going to be a top 10 QB in the league, no team is going to take on that headache.  Case Keenum played very well last year and played very well again today.  Taylor and Kaepernick might be similar players, the difference is Taylor doesn't cause headaches for his team.  He is a marginal starting QB as we all know. Is Taylor going to take a team to the Super Bowl?  Hell no.  If he started doing what Kaepernick did with the media circus that would come with it, he would find himself out of the NFL as well.

Edited by matter2003

7 hours ago, mynmisoli said:

He just won Kaepernick's collusion case against the NFL.

You know, I didn't even think of Kaep, but there's a guy sitting around who could be playing on this team tomorrow! 

Sign him up.

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

It’s important that people keep making this same lame joke over and over.

Kaep would not be any worse, and in fact, would be a good bit better than Peterman.

He's about 10 times the natural athlete Peterman is alone.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yes, he is backup caliber.  It doesn't matter, if Peterman plays or not on a team, that doesn't change the fact that Kaepernick has sucked as a starting QB after his first year when he was new and before DC's figured him out.  Once they started taking away what he was good at, he never had any answer for it. No team is ever winning anything with Kaerpernick as their starting QB anymore. He regressed badly and was getting worse as he kept playing...not a good sign.  So yes, if he isn't going to be a top 10 QB in the league, no team is going to take on that headache.  Case Keenum played very well last year and played very well again today.  Taylor and Kaepernick might be similar players, the difference is Taylor doesn't throw INTs and doesn't cause headaches for his team.  He is a marginal starting QB as we all know. Is Taylor going to take a team to the Super Bowl?  Hell no.  If he started doing what Kaepernick did with the media circus that would come with it, he would find himself out of the NFL as well.

I agree matter he did regress and no he probably wont ever be a top 10 QB again. But marginal starter? That’s better than what we have right now and personally I could give a **** about his political baggage. BUT i know the owners do. But disregarding all that, for the sake of argument, I think he improves that QB room at OBD. That’s all I am saying. 

It will take a large set of marbles from whoever ends up signing Kaep, if it ever happens. I personally would like it if it were the Bills, but I highly doubt that happening.

29 minutes ago, StrikeParry said:

I hate saying this but captain checkdown was WAYYY better than Peterman has ever shown. Edwards had good games and even won a few. Peterman.. do I need to even go there? 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Kapernick doesn't have a case.  He is out of the NFL because no team wants a backup caliber player that causes that much of a distraction and that many headaches for their teammates who will have to deal with a media circus and answer questions regarding Kaepernick all year long every media session.  The problem he has is that if he wants to cause elite level problems for an NFL team, he has to have elite level talent that forces them to have to put up with it.  He doesn't have that.  Plain and simple.  If this was Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Cam Newton teams would grudgingly put up with it because talent trumps everything in the NFL.

Kapernick isn't the first NFL player who caused a distraction, there's list a mile long of players (and Owners) who caused distractions, who were welcomed back into the locker room.

NFL teams have dealt with distractions for decades.  Many outstanding teams thrived despite those distractions.  So claiming that Kapernick is untouchable because he might cause a distraction is just not believable.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Perry Turtle said:

Kapernick isn't the first NFL player who caused a distraction, there's list a mile long of players (and Owners) who caused distractions, who were welcomed back into the locker room.

NFL teams have dealt with distractions for decades.  Many outstanding teams thrived despite those distractions.  So claiming that Kapernick is untouchable because he might cause a distraction is just not believable.  

Many years ago Gary Sheffield was interviewed when he was still a Yankee and a bad boy.

He said, basically, that you can be a total screw up and a huge distraction to the team and still stay employed.

The interviewer said "If you're good enough" and then Gary said "no, you have to be GREAT!"

Or words to that effect.  

These teams will put up with anyone and anything if the talent is elite.

Kaepernick is more on the fringes and that has what has shot him in the foot.

If he was straight up better as a QB, he'd still be playing and the "protests" would have been handled differently.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Listen closely my man.   It was a joke.  

10 minutes ago, Idandria said:

I hate saying this but captain checkdown was WAYYY better than Peterman has ever shown. Edwards had good games and even won a few. Peterman.. do I need to even go there? 

Love it. You’re definitely right too. Not sure how I could have done it but I actually gave peterman too much credit.

• Like (+1) 1

Kaepernick wants starter money. Distraction or not he’d have to prove that he was worth starter money. It’ll never happen, only way he plays again is if someone wants to risk it and he takes a pay cut.

As far as Peterman he might be an OK backup but even Allen is already far better. 

After seeing Fitzpatrick today we probably would have been better off just keeping him all along until we got someone suitable, sure he’s on and off but at least he’s been arguably better overall than the fill ins since. He can at least light em up periodically to give you a flash of enjoyment.

If Clappy (what I call McDermott) doesn’t start Allen next week I won’t even bother watching. 

Peterman is finished in the NFL.  He’s nowhere near capable of even serving as a temporary backup.  He needs to be released tomorrow and a street free agent signed to back up Allen.

What’s truly terrifying about the Peterman episode is what it says about Beane and McDermott’s ability to evaluate NFL quarterbacks.  

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Peterman is finished in the NFL.  He’s nowhere near capable of even serving as a temporary backup.  He needs to be released tomorrow and a street free agent signed to back up Allen.

What’s truly terrifying about the Peterman episode is what it says about Beane and McDermott’s ability to evaluate NFL quarterbacks.  

That is my feeling too. But there have been a lot of good coaches and GMs who made glaringly bad choices on QBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Do I dare say it...... it may be time for Colin Kaepernick to come in for a work out.

The media circus it would bring may be just what this team needs,

It would divert attention away from this sad roster and give Allen a back up who has played it this league.

If you put aside his politics: there is no way he is not a better QB than Pickerman.

Ill be the first one to buy a pair of nikes with a bills logo on it.

• Haha (+1) 1