Peterman Stats - Historical Ranking?

ngbills

Has any QB had a worse start to their career? He has three starts and all under 100 yds passing. Basically all under 50% passing. 7 picks in 42 passes. Has there ever been a worse three starts? 

6-14, , 66 yds, 0, td, 5 int

5-10, 57 yds, 1 td, 0 int

5-18, 24 yds, 0 td, 2 int

I believe his QB rating for today was ZERO.

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Has any QB had a worse start to their career? He has three starts and all under 100 yds passing. Basically all under 50% passing. 7 picks in 42 passes. Has there ever been a worse three starts? 

Those "pros" drafting talent in the NFL really know their stuff, don't they! 

I wonder if we had simply taken best QB available from Mel Kiper's draft guide if we would have been better off.

13 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Tom Tupa. He became a punter after his first start though. He didn't have a coach that kept pushing him out there even though he was terrible.

17 minutes ago, ngbills said:

You know he’s going to likely get to add to those stats and that’s the scary thing.  It’s impressive - that the coaches and FO could be so clueless as to the talent they have at QB and on the OL.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I feel bad for the guy. 

He's going to be a punchline the rest of his life, and he never should have ever been on the field. 

A 5th round pick starting as a rookie and as the starter in his 2nd season. What were our coaches thinking? 

They have gut feelings instead of using brain power. 

If you bench Tyrod because of that Saints' game performance, you HAVE to bench Peterman. Period.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And assign more weight to character and cleanliness than talent and skill and production. Character is important but not most important. 

Pat DiMarco made some major impacts in the game today right? I'm glad he's on the roster and he wears a captain patch to do LITERALLY nothing for this team on the field. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I feel bad for the guy. 

He's going to be a punchline the rest of his life, and he never should have ever been on the field. 

A 5th round pick starting as a rookie and as the starter in his 2nd season. What were our coaches thinking? 

That is the most concerning part.  They were obviously convinced enough that they were okay with a raw rookie and a 2nd year guy that had shown nothing in live regular season action to trade away McCarron.  Not that McCarron was a good pickup or would’ve been the best option, but my god Im getting the impression that they can’t assess the position at all.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Ayjent said:

That is the most concerning part.  They were obviously convinced enough that they were okay with a raw rookie and a 2nd year guy that had shown nothing in live regular season action to trade away McCarron.  Not that McCarron was a good pickup or would’ve been the best option, but my god Im getting the impression that they can’t assess the position at all.

As am I.

I don't think they have any idea what a good QB prospect looks like. 

Just now, Ayjent said:

I don't get it either. I don't know why McCarron was traded. That was weird. I thought "Stupid move."

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Well i did read in other threads from the Peterman fan club that his stats aren’t as bad as they seem.  For instance in first game, two or three of the INTs were because of the balls bouncing off the receivers hands.  In second game , Peterman should have been 10-10 because the balls bounced off the chest of the receivers . And in the third game from Today, the receivers either ran horrible routes or didn’t make an effort for the ball .