The weather for tomorrow’s game

Paul Costa

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Don't think it really matters unless it's also very windy.  People vastly overestimate the effect of rain. It doesn't have that much of an effect unless it is accompanied by wind. Rain by itself has really no much effect at all on the passing game.

A wet ball definitely effects the game.

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Far less than people think however

Ive played played plenty of games in the rain.

The grass is wet so you can’t cut on it as quickly so the speed of the game is slower.

The wet ball is easier to drop, fumble and slip through your hands.  That leads to turnovers. You also can’t throw as deep in rain.

Ever try to catch a punt or can’t a bomb in rain?  When you have rain drops, especially a decently hard rain, it just peppers your eye balls.  Makes it much harder to see and get to the ball.  I received punts and in rain games, I was told by my coaches that if I’m not directly under the ball, let it go.  They did not want me having to catch a wet ball on a wet surface while moving because it can easily be dropped.

Rain affects a game big time.  Our gameplan isn’t going to be the same as if it were 75 and sunny.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2

Been listening to the Ravens pregame show here in Bmore.  The analyst being interviewed says the Bills have zero chance today and especially given the weather.  Apparently Flacco and his big hands throws great in the rain. He says the Ravens have gotten better since the end of last season and Bills have gotten worse. And Since Bills are predicted to have fewest wins in the NFL, that’s another reason why Buf must suck.  So there ya go.  Keep raining and count us out.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ive played played plenty of games in the rain.

The grass is wet so you can’t cut on it as quickly so the speed of the game is slower.

The wet ball is easier to drop, fumble and slip through your hands.  That leads to turnovers. You also can’t throw as deep in rain.

Ever try to catch a punt or can’t a bomb in rain?  When you have rain drops, especially a decently hard rain, it just peppers your eye balls.  Makes it much harder to see and get to the ball.  I received punts and in rain games, I was told by my coaches that if I’m not directly under the ball, let it go.  They did not want me having to catch a wet ball on a wet surface while moving because it can easily be dropped.

Rain affects a game big time.  Our gameplan isn’t going to be the same as if it were 75 and sunny.

Just looked at the forecast...did not realize its not supposed to be rain, more like a monsoon with up to 3 inches of rain. 

Yeah i agree that will make a difference....poor Peterman...last game was in a whiteout and now this one is in a monsoon.

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Just looked at the forecast...did not realize its not supposed to be rain, more like a monsoon with up to 3 inches of rain. 

Yeah i agree that will make a difference....poor Peterman...last game was in a whiteout and now this one is in a monsoon.

Technically the last game was in Jacksonville. Cool but nothing approaching a whiteout.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah im worried about Peterman today too.

That luck of his LOL...