Going to the mattresses: Josh Allen edition

4 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

Yes, nice play, but consistency in the short game (see Tom Brady) is where it is at in the NFL.  Tyrod was supposed to be a QB that could "make things happen" where other QB's could not, how'd that work out?  

1 see your user name 2 look up confirmation bias and then 3 delete your account. Enjoy your day!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JoeF said:

None of us are going to convince you to get behind Josh.  I hope if Josh provides evidence through his play, that you will come around.  I know you will be cheering for him to do well.  You wouldn't be on this forum if you wanted him to fail.  ?

I never cheer for injuries or failure.  However, I also never succumb to false hope.

1 minute ago, AllenWillBust said:

What type of fan has been duped more by confirmation bias at the start of Bills' seasons the last, oh I don't know, 20 years?

Problem is...   with a name like yours one has to be secretly rooting against someone to be proven correct.  Agree or not,  IF Allen is successful THEN your name and assumption about Allen's bust potential will make you look like a fool.  Most humans don't like to seem like a fool and be publicly wrong - thus you're rooting against him. 

Moreover,  you will have a tendency to see ANYTHING good that Allen does as luck or "anyone can do that" sort of minimization.  Furthermore,  anything normal or neutral will be twisted into a negative.

Finally,  you have pushed "all in" that he will be a bust and therefore you have a LOT to lose being publicly wrong.  Like I said... have a nice day.

Just now, aceman_16 said:

Problem is...   with a name like yours one has to be secretly rooting against someone to be proven correct.  Agree or not,  IF Allen is successful THEN your name and assumption about Allen's bust potential will make you look like a fool.  Most humans don't like to seem like a fool and be publicly wrong - thus you're rooting against him. 

Moreover,  you will have a tendency to see ANYTHING good that Allen does as luck or "anyone can do that" sort of minimization.  Furthermore,  anything normal or neutral will be twisted into a negative.

Finally,  you have pushed "all in" that he will be a bust and therefore you have a LOT to lose being publicly wrong.  Like I said... have a nice day.

Obvious troll account now on ignore, please do not quote AllenWillBust. :D

I hated the pick because I thought he was a 3rd round talent that was getting pushed to the top of the first based solely on arm strength. Far more complete college QBs like Carr, Wilson, Kaepernick, Cousins all were had in rounds 2-4, and they played far better in college. Allen always seemed like an Al Davis pick to me, and he still does.

In my eyes he's still the exact same kid he was then. I don't expect it to change, because there's little evidence that it can. Sure, he could surprise us, but I'm not counting on it.

Guys like Logan Thomas could throw almost as hard, yet he's had to change positions just to eek out a few more years of minimum salary.

25 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I think the plan in Cleveland was always to sit Mayfield. Mayfield would have had to complete blow TT out of the water to gain the starting job. Just simply being better wasn't going to be enough for Hue Jackson to turn to the rookie. 

I agree.  And i think Mayfield has looked very good.  Im just saying the fact that Allen isnt starting the season is really no big deal cuz Rosen and Mayfield arent either.  I think Mayfield will actually be the last to start given the situation.

Why did people hate this pick? I just don't get it. I wanted Mayfield but since he was selected first, well, tough luck. It's not like I had deep knowledge of all these QBs anyway, and suspect few of the ranters do. It was well known Allen was classified in all the possible range from the very first pick to early 2nd rounder in the "experts'" opinion, so why be mad at the choice?  A lot of "experts" suggested he'd be among the top 4 QBs taken, and he was. I liked his demeanor then and since. I'm glad he's here and sure hope he is the face of the franchise for years to come. Till then, go Nate and GO BILLS

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I hated the pick because I thought he was a 3rd round talent that was getting pushed to the top of the first based solely on arm strength. Far more complete college QBs like Carr, Wilson, Kaepernick, Cousins all were had in rounds 2-4, and they played far better in college. Allen always seemed like an Al Davis pick to me, and he still does.

In my eyes he's still the exact same kid he was then. I don't expect it to change, because there's little evidence that it can. Sure, he could surprise us, but I'm not counting on it.

Guys like Logan Thomas could throw almost as hard, yet he's had to change positions just to eek out a few more years of minimum salary.

Where we picked it was obviously Rosen or Allen at that point.  What were your thoughts on Rosen going into the draft?

35 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

Yes, nice play, but consistency in the short game (see Tom Brady) is where it is at in the NFL.  Tyrod was supposed to be a QB that could "make things happen" where other QB's could not, how'd that work out?  

!@#$ing Patriots fan. Outed.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I think a lot of fans wanted the Bills to pick anyone but Allen out of the top four before the draft. 

Rosen was purported to be more NFL ready, but he seems to have quite the attitude.  Allen seems like a kid eager and willing to learn, I think it all depends on how well he is coached.  Do the Bills have the coaching staff in place to develop a franchise QB?  

46 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

I'm still hating the pick obviously.  Deep down inside, I think you probably still hate the pick, but maybe peer pressure and trying to make yourself feel better about this season is getting in the way of objectivity.

Cage match.  SkyDiver's defense of all things Bama vs your irrational hatred of Allen. 

Too close to call. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think a lot of fans wanted the Bills to pick anyone but Allen out of the top four before the draft. 

So of course the Bills pick Allen.?

I was hoping they'd find a way to get ahead of the Jets and have their pick of whomever after the Browns got who they wanted. No matter what it took. Allen fell and hopefully he pans out. None of these guys are foregone conclusions to be good QBs. Nothing is certain. Yet people still talk about some of these guys like they are. 

The consensus seems to be Allen is the most uncertain of the four due to many factors.

I had no problem with the pick...i like Allen.  But i certainly understand why fans were and are nervous about Allen.  But the common denominator is we all hope he will succeed.  If he doesnt...you go back to bat and take another swing.

Hate the pick initially and still hate the pick! 

He was big and strong with wheels in college too.  Too bad that stuff doesn't really impact QBing success in the NFL.

No one here has any idea whatsoever if he can do it or not.  I saw nothing in the preseason to make me think one way or the other about him.

I'll support him when he plays in real games, but I'm not expecting anything.

The Tyrod negativity is astounding to me, and it is a bit convenient were you guys choose to praise and ignore ending the drought.

If the offense is the control, Tyrod played way better than Peterman yet I continuously see him trashed on here. He's by no means perfect, but all of you saying give McDermott and Beane time for ending the drought afforded Tyrod no such thing. I just wish that he wasn't treated as poorly as he has been by this fanbase.