The thread for Positive Pollyannas!

Tired of all the negativity around these parts? Well, fear not good Bills fans! This thread is for you! If you're excited for the season and see good times ahead, take up your banner and follow me!!!

Time's up. Let's do this. LEEROOOOOOOOOY JENKINS!

leeroy-jenkins.jpg

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I have about had it.

We know about all the recent switches by national prognosticators that have the Bills moving into last place with Peterman at QB.

We know about the odds makers in Vegas betting "when is Peterman's first interception" and "what are the chances his first throw is a interception."

We know about the "are the Bills already the worst team in the NFL?" article.

Now (and sorry if it has been reported someplace else on the board) my friend texted me that an anonymous NFL GM has said that Allen will lead the NFL in interceptions this year.

:huh:

That is not a typo.  Even though Allen isn't even starting from game one the GM still thinks he will lead the league in picks.

Fine.  Additionally, on other boards as our team gets made fun of I quietly handle the situation respectfully.  

Between us here...I am seething right now.  The season hasn't even started and I have rarely seen a team get a national beat down the way ours has, a year after making the playoffs.

I don't know what is going to happen on Sunday and I know many of you don't like Peterman.  Nothing would make me happier, though, than this kid lighting it up against the Ravens.

We take all this crap as black board material more than the team, but this is getting ridiculous.

Swords forward.

Let's play the damn game!

Take them to the wood shed boys!!!

LLLLEEEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYY NNNNJENKINS!!!!!!

(yes, I do know the reference well...we will fare better!)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@joesixpack

Joe, it is not fair that we keep some of our friends in the dark.

In internet and gaming classic.

I've always questioned the legitimacy of that, tbh. But then again, I wasn't a "played since beta" guy.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Tired of all the negativity around these parts? Well, fear not good Bills fans! This thread is for you! If you're excited for the season and see good times ahead, take up your banner and follow me!!!

Who are you and what have you done with Joe?

1 minute ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Who are you and what have you done with Joe?

I returned to my positive outlook pretty much after the death of Ralph Wilson. Words can't describe how much I hated him as an owner. Unlike most, I lay the blame for the drought squarely at his feet...starting with his utterly ridiculous treatment of Polian.

Now, though, I have hope. A wealthy owner, and two adults running the football operation. If the owner can stay true to his word and give these guys five years, I think we'll have something REALLY special.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Seriously:

The Bills will be 10-6

Peterman will be be in the top 10 for qb rating

Nate the Great will slice and dice with ease his opponents through his quick release, great decisions and ball placement 

The Defense will be in the top 8.

The offense will score at least 26 points on average a game

Shady will average 100 yards a game

MCDermott will replace his hand clapping with back patting and handshakes

We will win the AFC East as Brady will be carted off the field by week 8

Daboll will create creative game plans each week to outfox his opponents

The o-line will, ok I said  I would be serious, be not be very good, but they will give 100% effort. The team will feed off that.

Jay Jones will have a break out year

Croon will be better than Gronk.

The Bills will be the biggest surprise story of the year

Nate will be traded at year's end for a #1 and a third rounder.

We will go the Super Bowl the following Year with Josh Tool Time Allen.

• Like (+1) 3

Our offensive line was, well, offensive.  It will probably get McCoy killed, Peterman killed, Allen killed, and anyone else standing behind it.  The secondary looked abysmal against a decent offense in Cincinnati, and they're supposed to be the team's greatest strength.  Logic says the team should blow large chunks of dead horse, so the talking heads arent'; really to blame here.

On a positive note (staying true to this thread's intent) I think Nathan Peterman will perform very well, in fact, he may develop a decent NFL career, and I don't think the team is going to finish 31st in the rankings at the end of the year.

1 hour ago, drf1835 said:

Seriously:

The Bills will be 10-6

Peterman will be be in the top 10 for qb rating

Nate the Great will slice and dice with ease his opponents through his quick release, great decisions and ball placement 

The Defense will be in the top 8.

The offense will score at least 26 points on average a game

Shady will average 100 yards a game

MCDermott will replace his hand clapping with back patting and handshakes

We will win the AFC East as Brady will be carted off the field by week 8

Daboll will create creative game plans each week to outfox his opponents

The o-line will, ok I said  I would be serious, be not be very good, but they will give 100% effort. The team will feed off that.

Jay Jones will have a break out year

Croon will be better than Gronk.

The Bills will be the biggest surprise story of the year

Nate will be traded at year's end for a #1 and a third rounder.

We will go the Super Bowl the following Year with Josh Tool Time Allen.

I'll take any two of these to come true and consider it a banner year.

Peterman: League MVP

Shady: Rushing leader

Benjamin: 1100 yards

Zay Jones: 1050 Yards

Clay: 875 Yards

Secondary: Most INTs

Rush D: Least amount of yards.

House $$: Points leader

Whatever the new punters name is.... 0 punts (The team scores on every possession)

Fans: highest attendance total

McDermott: Coach of the year.

Bean: GM of the year.

Did I miss anything?

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I returned to my positive outlook pretty much after the death of Ralph Wilson. Words can't describe how much I hated him as an owner. Unlike most, I lay the blame for the drought squarely at his feet...starting with his utterly ridiculous treatment of Polian.

Now, though, I have hope. A wealthy owner, and two adults running the football operation. If the owner can stay true to his word and give these guys five years, I think we'll have something REALLY special.

This is an A+ post!

The topic I'm chugging Kool Aid on is Daboll.  I saw a TON of play action, crossing routes and shifts on O in preseason games 1 and 2 and from what I heard they were doing a lot of that at SJF too.  

I think he is going to be a fresh of breath air on O compared to Dennison and I have a fun feeling he is going to give opposing Ds some problems. 

At least until they get some tape on us, about weeks 4-6.  

48 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

I guess it's no wonder why all conservative thinkers are considered evil then...

You were called out for having a look at me screen name and avatar, and this is now your approach? Nicely done. 

Edited by teef

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I have about had it.

We know about all the recent switches by national prognosticators that have the Bills moving into last place with Peterman at QB.

We know about the odds makers in Vegas betting "when is Peterman's first interception" and "what are the chances his first throw is a interception."

We know about the "are the Bills already the worst team in the NFL?" article.

Now (and sorry if it has been reported someplace else on the board) my friend texted me that an anonymous NFL GM has said that Allen will lead the NFL in interceptions this year.

:huh:

That is not a typo.  Even though Allen isn't even starting from game one the GM still thinks he will lead the league in picks.

Fine.  Additionally, on other boards as our team gets made fun of I quietly handle the situation respectfully.  

Between us here...I am seething right now.  The season hasn't even started and I have rarely seen a team get a national beat down the way ours has, a year after making the playoffs.

I don't know what is going to happen on Sunday and I know many of you don't like Peterman.  Nothing would make me happier, though, than this kid lighting it up against the Ravens.

We take all this crap as black board material more than the team, but this is getting ridiculous.

Swords forward.

Let's play the damn game!

Take them to the wood shed boys!!!

LLLLEEEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYY NNNNJENKINS!!!!!!

(yes, I do know the reference well...we will fare better)!

I am with you! No quarter! Take no prisoners!

• Like (+1) 2