WR HELP

valle78787878

3 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

Hapless, it seems to me that you are among the most knowledgeable/respected posters on this board.  I normally am pretty much in accordance with your stated opinions, but your lack of any kind of respect for Foster surprises me.

Yeah, 1 reception in 10 targets over 4 games is pathetic, but after looking as closely as possible over the (lack of) plays in question, I see a collection of pretty much uncatchable balls.  Maybe a couple could have been tracked a little better, and 1 drop, but mainly a bunch of balls that just could not be caught, or impossible to stay in bounds, anyway. This stuff that some posters wrote on him saying that he could have stayed in bounds on that first OB 60 yarder is rubbish.

From an impartial observation it seems to me that certainly no one else on the squad could get the separation on long balls as he.has, and considering that he experienced  a lack of attention in the passing game at Alabama, which ran ran ran, maybe he just needs a little more work to be a serious deep threat.

My suggestion is that you go read some of the training camp reports once pads went on - Astro, Sal, Joe B, the threads here.  Look for reports on Foster.

What I saw of the preseason games, some of the balls appeared "uncatchable" because Foster either gave up on the route, or was looking back over his shoulder.

It's not that I don't respect him - he's fast, he can gain separation.  But he's very, very raw as a route runner, and he doesn't seem to have that "gamer" gene that helps him take it to another level when it counts.  Obviously our coaches are in the best position to see how he's progressing and how far he needs to go to be of some use.

I would feel a whole lot better about Foster if I would see him lay out for a slightly overthrown ball.......

He doesn't high point balls from what I have seen. I have no idea if that can be taught, I doubt it this late in a career, but if it can he turns into an excellent receiver.

8 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

This will no doubt get deleted but 2 Timothy 4:7 says “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.”  Maybe he’s potentially the next apostle Paul? 

Well, Paul confronted Peter in Antioch because Peter demanded they keep kosher.....and Zay, nude, confronted his own brother in a hallway.  Both Paul and Zay were fighting for Jesus.

• Haha (+1) 2