How did Foster make the team?

wppete

7 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Can't agree more. Anyone who said, "he caught that ball", clearly misses even the not so dine points of the position. Seems to have little  to no awareness.

...so in your assessment, is that fixable?......probably didn't have much of an opportunity to sync his speed with 'Bama passing game.......assume awareness means hand/eye coordination for starters....

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...look like Robert Royal hands....just sayin'............

I’m in shock that the “ . “ key on your keyboard still works.

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Foster making the team might be the biggest head-scratcher to date.

You mean this season, right? This is the Bills, I scratch my head ten times per game. Just last year we ran a designed screen pass to Tolbert on 2nd and 20.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is clearly a situation where they really like this guy and his upside and they must know that either someone will claim or that they won't be able to get him on the practice squad. Keeping him on the roster must have been their only avenue to keep him. He was a very high priority UDFA. 

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's a number one WR in the league. Not elite. But a genuine #1. 

There were 50 NFL players that had more receiving yards than him last year. If he can crack 32 I'll be impressed. To me, he's a good #2 receiver but he in no way, shape, or form is a #1 WR. His numbers, durability, measurables, etc do not stack against the rest of the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

There were 50 NFL players that had more receiving yards than him last year. If he can crack 32 I'll be impressed. To me, he's a good #2 receiver but he in no way, shape, or form is a #1 WR. His numbers, durability, measurables, etc do not stack against the rest of the league. 

Injuries play a part in those totals...but it is also a reason for concern

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I knew. Full dislosure: I am not the Lord.

I made the case for Foster over about 20 pages.

We are well aware. I believe I commended you at one point. Not so much for your insight, but for your stamina.   ?

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes but you are more biaised in favour of anyone from 'Bama than the Lord is in favour of Godliness. 

Not true. I soured on Dareus very early in his career.

Rear view mirror, doesn’t it seem obvious about keeping Foster? He could be displaced, but it doesn’t seem likely at this point.

Edited by Sky Diver

5 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Not tried. I soured on Dareus very early in his career.

Rear view mirror, doesn’t it seem obvious about keeping Foster? He could be displaced, but it doesn’t seem likely at this point.

No it feels the opposite of obvious. A guy so bad in game 1 that he hardly got on the field in games 2 and 3. He and Conor McDermott remain the two mysteries to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No it feels the opposite of obvious. A guy so bad in game 1 that he hardly got on the field in games 2 and 3. He and Conor McDermott remain the two mysteries to me. 

Foster demonstrated his potential in the first preseason game by getting behind the defense and getting good separation. There was 13 WRs on the roster so it’s no surprise he didn’t see much time in games 2 and 3. In game 4 he outraced a DB and caught a TD. He’s a playmaker and a game changer. It’s no mystery that the Bills need a WR who can stretch the field.

Edited by Sky Diver