The NFL Should Extend Pre-Season with a Fifth Game

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

What a ridiculous post.  If they are going to extend the preseason like they should, everyone knows they need to go to 6.

Well I don't disagree, hockey players play 80 some games in a season. While these high priced primadonna football players are busy prancing around the locker room snapping each other's jock straps, and eating crossants for breakfast lunch and dinner. Hockey players are tough and gritty, these NFL guys are just a bunch of high priced fancy pants Nancy boys with their 16 games a year. 

So yes, increase the season. They would play year round if it was up to me. 

3 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I was more in favor of the 18 game preseason and the 2 game regular season. I like to be 100% sure if all 53 guys on the roster are ready.

3 games? I do think we'd need to play everyone in the division at least once. :) 

2 minutes ago, Meark said:

3 games? I do think we'd need to play everyone in the division at least once. :) 

Whoa!!! Where you been son? Haven’t seen you in years. Still driving that Smart car with the “Coexist” bumper sticker? I would have never thought you’d be in favor of the owners making more money (ya know...that whole “redistribution of wealth” thing). 

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Whoa!!! Where you been son? Haven’t seen you in years. Still driving that Smart car with the “Coexist” bumper sticker? I would have never thought you’d be in favor of the owners making more money (ya know...that whole “redistribution of wealth” thing). 

Oh, I've been lurking around. No smart car, just my 6.3 liter AMG. I do however commute on my Zero electric motorcycle. :) 

Yes, still eating tofu. ?

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think my point was just made last night. Not sure ‘bout you fellas but I sure could use one or two more games to evaluate Albert J McCarron and Travarious Cadet. Me thinks Coach McClappyhands would say the same thing.  

Yes the excitement and edge of your seat thrills just went on forever ;)

Like going for it on your own 4 yard line on 4th and 26 ;)

Then having that gamble payoff when AJM put his head into the game ;) 

Yes it was a thrill a minute performance by our soon to be cut QB who went 13/34  with 2TD's and 2 Int's with a rushing TD.

Hopefully he is starting for the Ravens next week ;)

15 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

None of us have a clue which players are ready for real games (when the real bullets fly). Many agree with me - that I still don’t have a handle on Austin Prohl or whether Chandler should stay or be replaced by Croom. Reilly busted a rib - I bet he wished he had another game to showcase his talents and become acclimated to NFL games. It makes sense to many of us and would, in fact, cut down on injuries as the older players’ bodies would become acclimated to contact after a long off season. 

Extend the Pre-season by one more week and let the coaches and GM’s do their jobs evaluating talent. 

Wait... the OP is serious?  Holy cow NFL fans are unhinged and irrational at the end of August.

16 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

None of us have a clue which players are ready for real games (when the real bullets fly). Many agree with me - that I still don’t have a handle on Austin Prohl or whether Chandler should stay or be replaced by Croom. Reilly busted a rib - I bet he wished he had another game to showcase his talents and become acclimated to NFL games. It makes sense to many of us and would, in fact, cut down on injuries as the older players’ bodies would become acclimated to contact after a long off season. 

Extend the Pre-season by one more week and let the coaches and GM’s do their jobs evaluating talent. 

How about 16 preseason games and 4 regular season games?

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How about 16 preseason games and 4 regular season games?

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Just make them all pre-season games.

You fellas are trying to take a good idea too far. The key is to not overdo things to keep the right balance.