Farmers Almanac: Winter is coming

/dev/null

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I was going to post something the other day. My 3 oaks in the backyard are producing way more acorns than I have ever seen on any of the  trees. So much so that the green ones are already falling like crazy. Granted, we have had an exceptionally hot, wet summer, so understand that is why they dropping early...but the trees are still loaded up with way more than normal. 

Folk tales tell me that means exceptionally cold and snowy this year...which would make me SOOO happy!!!

Store your nuts in a safe place! 

I like to VISIT winter, with a flight home in my pocket. I do NOT want it imposed on me by Mother Nature. Yes, I wish I could move farther south....

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I hate that summer even occurs...... I gain too much weight cause I am inside all the freaking time!!!

Be a man, go out and do your running....even if you “glow” a little. 

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I hate that summer even occurs...... I gain too much weight cause I am inside all the freaking time!!!

I wouldn't mind summer as much if there wasn't days like today - 95 degrees and humid.  Hard to do anything other than sit in a pool (if I had one).  I'm more of a winter person since I love skiing and snowboarding, as well as the cold, fresh air.  

26 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Haven't changed color yet on the trees but I noticed they've started falling and it's not yet September

That's more telling than changing.  Changing occurs because lack of light amongst other things. Falling now can be many thing, though

I'll be happy when the weather changes here in FL and we stop getting rain every single day.   Forecast is the same, a little sun until noon, then overcast and rainly all afternoon.   It's been this way the entire summer, I think we got two weeks of decent weather.    Over it.  

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I'll be happy when the weather changes here in FL and we stop getting rain every single day.   Forecast is the same, a little sun until noon, then overcast and rainly all afternoon.   It's been this way the entire summer, I think we got two weeks of decent weather.    Over it.  

I will say this about Florida,you people sure do love your Christmas lights,it was pretty cool to see palm trees wrapped up in colored lights.I didn't think Fla was so festive...must be the displaced Yankees that do it up.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I hope it !@#$ing dumps in CT, and then dumps some more, and more!  I could go for a hurricane too.  I love extreme weather!  CT has been somewhat disappointing the past few winters weather wise IMO

Have you ever been through a hurricane?   It's not fun.  

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just read one particular to Atlanta and it said the southeast will be dry and warm this winter.

Dry is fine, i don't really care for the warm, but that's fine.    Just please give me 4 months without rain every day.    

10 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Have you ever been through a hurricane?   It's not fun.  

Yes, Hurricane Gloria, Hurricane Bob, Hurricane Sandy, and Hurricane Irene. I think they are very fun!  They also create many jobs.  I think it's good losing power for a week because most take it for granted.  No cell phones, no coffee, no gas.  One gets a new appreciation for all that they have

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yes, Hurricane Gloria, Hurricane Bob, Hurricane Sandy, and Hurricane Irene. I think they are very fun!  They also create many jobs.  I think it's good losing power for a week because most take it for granted.  No cell phones, no coffee, no gas.  One gets a new appreciation for all that they have

I appreciate all my creature comforts I don't need a week without power to rediscover my love for air conditioning.   We were without power for  8 days last year after the hurricane came through.    There was nothing fun about it.  Elderly people were dying in nursing homes due to heat exhaustion, and lack of care.   The threat of   looting keeps you up at night along with the heat.    

We had cell signal, still had to go to work, had coffee and had to find gasoline on my lunch breaks for the car and for that stupid generator.