Bills are playing a little "Rope A Dope" with the AFC

Actually, he's right. My Mom's cousin's brother knows this guy named Dunkirk Don who is friends with someone on the staff. Apparently he was told they haven't really been trying in the games or running any plays of complexity due to it being preseason and all. He said we will all see hell unleashed opening day, so that's good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, COTC said:

Keep dreaming. We backed into the playoffs last year out of complete luck. 

Stats were  down in almost every category. Last year was a fluke...

I wish I could watch you go up to Kyle Williams and say exactly what you just typed directly to his face. It would be fantastic.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I do think that McDermott was experimenting a bit with the offensive line on Sunday.  I don't think that is the primary reason they struggled, but I don't think he was doing Josh Allen any favors, as the offensive line, more than any other position group benefits from stability and the development of cohesiveness and chemistry.  Switching people in and out and around doesn't facility cohesivness and chemistry.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I do think that McDermott was experimenting a bit with the offensive line on Sunday.  I don't think that is the primary reason they struggled, but I don't think he was doing Josh Allen any favors, as the offensive line, more than any other position group benefits from stability and the development of cohesiveness and chemistry.  Switching people in and out and around doesn't facility cohesivness and chemistry.

But why

And when will he get it right

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

23 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think there is at least a little truth to this. He said after the first preseason game daboll might have shown too much and indicated they would dial it back some. 

Luckily allen didnt suffer a concussion though as the board would have imploded

That being said, ive always thought we might have to take a step back to really go forward with the way we sit right now. It looks like it could be a much bigger step back than i thought though

Edited by BillsSbSoon

1 hour ago, realtruelove said:

Remember the Super Bowl years when the Bills would go 0-4 in the preseason....?  Did you ever consider that we are going unleash HELL on opening day of the Regular Season?

No, I didn't consider we would unleash hell.  Not even for a moment.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Backed into the playoffs means that a team makes the playoffs after losing their last game of the season.

The Bills won their game and got help. That is not backing into the playoffs.

Lucked into the playoffs is more accurate.

And even that is a ridiculous notion.

Everyone plays 16 games and the top 6 get in, simple as that.  Baltimore losing a back and forth game wasn't luck...it was Baltimore not being good enough.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, realtruelove said:

Remember the Super Bowl years when the Bills would go 0-4 in the preseason....?  Did you ever consider that we are going unleash HELL on opening day of the Regular Season?

This is an oft- cited myth. The Bills only went winless in the preseason once in Marv Levy’s tenure , in 1990. 

1 hour ago, COTC said:

No? 

Bengals?  Questionable 2 point conversion in the colts game. 

We lucked into the playoffs.  

Backing into the playoffs would be losing your last game and getting outside help to get in anyway. The Bills did their part and won their game as they needed to. I don’t believe there were any scenarios that would have gotten the Bills in if they lost. 

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

It's one thing for us to take the game lightly band lose intentionally... It's a whole other for us to get our QBs killed. If we were trying to look bad and catch people off guard then we wouldn't be risking injury to our franchise QB.

However I do think we will be better than how we are playing. McDermott seems to get the most out of what he has. Just look at the run defense against Jets, Saints, and Chargers... We were horrendous but eventually Sean got them playing well enough for us to win. I could see same thing happening with OLine. Sean proved with our run defense last year that he can get his players to improve at areas of weakness 

And don't forget the playoffs game against the Jaguars...We were a play or two away from winning that game.

9 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Fellas, the difference between the haves and the have nots is narrow.  The difference between Rex Ryan and Sean McDermott...

As Cliche goes....the game is a matter of inches...

I don't about unleashing hell but I don't think the team is a tire fire because JA had a bad start in preseason. 

People put all thier emotional eggs in that basket. I've seen a lot of melt downs and drivel ever since. 

Omg JA had a bad game the entire team sucks!!! -sad Bills fans 

Edited by Lfod

2 hours ago, realtruelove said:

Looks like the Bills are going to unleash hell on whoever they start at QB.  The defense is looking rather hospitable.  

3 hours ago, realtruelove said:

Right...the difference between that team and this one is multiple hall of famers and pro bowl players.