Every Josh Allen snap in Bengals Preseason Game 3

cd1

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He had of sacks past 2-2.5. seconds, play not there throw it away.  He has to learn to throw it away, he tries to be a hero too often, escape backwards, that worked well at Wyoming, wont work as well in the NFL where all the defenders are quick. He worst pass which should have been intercepted was symptomatic of his day.    And if you are going to get sacked, learn to step up in the pocket and lose 2 yards not 10 or 15.

Step up where?  Bengals pushed the Bills interior lineman straight backwards immediately.  Atkins tossed Duccasse like a bean bag right into Allen.

For those being critical of a rookie QB that had a pass rich in his face all day, let me remind you of the book on a guy named Brady.  What do people say you have to do with Brady?  Get pressure up the middle.

If it throws Tommy off I think it's reasonable that it throws a rookie QB.  Give Allen time.  Stop being the Bills fan that thinks a kid should be an immediate star.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

Really? So Cincinnati scored that easily on us with a basic scheme? And you know this about Cincinnati how? Supposedly the defenses are supposed to be vanilla also, but they aren't.  How do you explain that away? Cleveland was throwing all sorts of stunts at our qb's. Cincinnati didn't have to, we just sucked that bad.

Yes really.

You think we want to put in our real offense and teach it to all these guys in camp, then when we cut someone, Bill Bellyache picks 'em up and they regurgitate the offense back to him for a cool 6 figures?

Just think back to when Coach Gailey was here and we ran a boring as all get out running offense all pre season and then in the first game vs the Cheaps we run a wide open offense and score 40 points.

Just because a team blitzes in PS does not mean it's how they will in the regular season.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Nah, broski.  I don't watch the games ever cuz I'm 2 busy in high level meetings. 

Are you a parody account, because you absolutely nailed every TBD mouth breather talking point and false choice possible in one abortion of a post. 

Thats time till contact listed above.  I watched a had few more tenths of sec on each.  

There are other options outside of taking sacks and throwing INTs.  Also, you don't know what coverage was either.  Are you telling me the other 3 were coverage sacks? See how that works both ways? #ThinkALittleMorePostALotLess

You're going to be a sensation here, I can tell. I look forward to working with you for next 3-4 weeks.

All you proved was he was under pressure a lot. Now if you are so good, on the plays where he held it over 2.4 Seconds, How was the receiver separation? What play was called? You’re patting yourself on your back for providing useless information without the rest of the story. I hope you up your game the rest of the season, cause right now, you’re wasting everybody’s time...

3 hours ago, cd1 said:

BUT, BUT, BUT...

Look at the Bills sideline! THEY had a ring side seat YET no one was reacting like it was a first down.

josh.jpg

Um too soon, try showing it a few seconds later when they had time to react...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t expect they would show any kind of consistent scheme and put that on ps film. I agree with your overall assessment though. While a team can play well in preseason and have it mean squat in the regular season, it’s likely not good if you look terrible at just about everything. I know someone will bring up the 90’s Bills, but come on. Those teams had lots of talent and everyone knew it. It’s a bit harder to just say r-e-l-a-x about this squad. 

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

it's pre season. NO team is going to show it's scheme in pre season.

Agreed... which is kinda my point a bit.  They're not playing a consistent scheme. And the one yesterday sucked.  But... I would expect they would do a little better than just throw Allen and the Line to the wolves and see how fast they get eaten.  

I'm not a coach, nor am I privy to the full process. But I'm concerned that this team is not prepared to start playing real games.  Hopefully, I'm wrong.  I want to be.  

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Agreed... which is kinda my point a bit.  They're not playing a consistent scheme. And the one yesterday sucked.  But... I would expect they would do a little better than just throw Allen and the Line to the wolves and see how fast they get eaten.  

I'm not a coach, nor am I privy to the full process. But I'm concerned that this team is not prepared to start playing real games.  Hopefully, I'm wrong.  I want to be.  

I hope you're wrong too. 

I've seen many pre seasons come and go and one things for certain. That's that it is not real football and is no predictor of what the team will do in in the regulAr season.

All the posters putting their head in the oven and declaring doom and gloom makes me wonder if this is their first rodeo.

2 hours ago, cd1 said:
  3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He had of sacks past 2-2.5. seconds, play not there throw it away.  He has to learn to throw it away, he tries to be a hero too often, escape backwards, that worked well at Wyoming, wont work as well in the NFL where all the defenders are quick. He worst pass which should have been intercepted was symptomatic of his day.    And if you are going to get sacked, learn to step up in the pocket and lose 2 yards not 10 or 15.

Step up where?  Bengals pushed the Bills interior lineman straight backwards immediately.  Atkins tossed Duccasse like a bean bag right into Allen.

Not to mention....there were plays in Allens drives where he DID throw it away....he waited until the last possible second to do it which is the sign of a playmaker....but he did throw balls away

3. things that stood out 

1. Our wrs and tes dropped everything there way. Clay to open the game was a bad and embarrassing first play. 

2. Our OL must be the worst in the league. What happened? Why didn’t Beane address this situation? Odd

3. Refs. Calling everything on the Bills, every positive run, penalty. 1st Down penalty. New rules are making the D late as they can’t react. 

This team is not ready for a franchise qb. 

Edited by COTC

8 minutes ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

Did anyone notice on the bullet overthrow on the left sideline, that if the first receiver didn't hit the ball with his hand, the ball might have been a perfect strike to Benjamin?  I wonder if that was his intended target?  Maybe someone will have a clip of that throw?  Just an observation.

When I watch it again in slo-mo, it looks like 1st Bills receiver doesn't touch it. It looks like the second Bengals defender tips it just before it gets to Benjamin. 

20 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

When I watch it again in slo-mo, it looks like 1st Bills receiver doesn't touch it. It looks like the second Bengals defender tips it just before it gets to Benjamin. 

If you slow it down frame by frame you can see KB putting his hands in a catching position.

possible both our guy and defender got fingers on it. Changes trijectory slightly after our receiver

1st dropback--Charles Clay can't catch 

3rd dropback--OL gets blown up and no WRs open. This one is clearly on the OL.

4th dropback--OL (Groy) gets blown up letting a free running #99 run up the middle to Allen. #99 is running free 4 yards away from Allen as Allen's proper 1st read (who ends up open) is 4 yards from even turning back to the football. Clearly on Groy. It's not like this involved a blitz and a hot read or anything.

5th dropback--There's no all-22 for preseason or anything, but something causes Allen to hold back and not throw the out to Benjamin, looks like he should've thrown it. Was there a Safety or LB right there? I can't tell. Bad throw to Clay that shoulda been a TD. Uncharacteristic throw there. This play was definitely on Allen.

6th dropback--Steps up nicely in the pocket to avoid some pressure then throws a baldy inaccurate dart 20 yards down the field. There's a guy there, but with defenders around him and the ball is high. Bad throw. Put it on Allen, but trying to make a play on 3rd and 13 and it's not a pick or a sack.

7th & 8th % 9th dropbacks--Complete passes. He seems to wait for Benjamin on the outside, I wonder if that's partially a chemistry thing. Next is a screen defenders sniff out well. Next is the shovel to Coleman.

10th dropback--Scramble for 1st down that wasn't challenged. As for whether he could pass it, Coleman is sorta open across the middle but he's short of the sticks and going to be tackled.

11th dropback--Incomplete throwaway rolling to the sidelines. Looks like no one is open.

12th dropback--complete pass. Play was well covered but he throws it to the TE as he's cutting.

13th dropback--OL gets blown up again. Groy again. Pushed right back into Allen as he's about to pass it to either Coleman or Clay (?) Who get open.

I stopped there. Good GAWD that was ugly!!!

I'm actually a lot more impressed with Allen after watching that and pausing it at certain points to try to assess what's going on.

Geez, I hope our OL is a lot better than this. Groy was right to take a whole bunch of the blame here.

46 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

5th dropback--There's no all-22 for preseason or anything, but something causes Allen to hold back and not throw the out to Benjamin, looks like he should've thrown it. Was there a Safety or LB right there? I can't tell. Bad throw to Clay that shoulda been a TD. Uncharacteristic throw there. This play was definitely on Allen.

Actually, it was pretty characteristic of what we've seen so faR.  Correct me if I'm wrong But I don't think he's completed a long pass yet.