PREGAME THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

So what I want to see:

On D and special teams

1) Tremaine Edmunds making good decisions - not getting lured into overpursuit.  If he's a tad slow because he's processing, I'm less concerned by that than him getting tricked and boxed off from the play

2) someone on DL not named Kyle Williams stepping it up

3) Minimal dumb mistakes and dumb penalties

On O

1) Josh Allen making good decisions, including decisions to scamper out of bounds and SLIDE!  feet first

2) WR getting open and catching anything within reach

3) the OL not getting shoved into the backfield on every play, and Dawkins not doing a clever impersonation of a subway turnstile. 

That's what will make me happy, not particular about any score or passing yardage target.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

Nice find!

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’d like to see all the fans there early and give a standing ovation to the Bengals. Cheering them on when they take the field for the first time like we would cheer on our own team. 

Would also be nice, esp. #14.  You gonna be tailgating, mrags?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nice find!

Would also be nice, esp. #14.  You gonna be tailgating, mrags?

I’m gonna head to hammers lot and meet up with Mead at about 230-3 but that’s about it 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So what I want to see:

2) someone on DL not named Kyle Williams stepping it up.

I specially hope to see Star step his game up. Not necessarily in the stat sheet, but I want to see him truly plug the middle and eat up 2 blockers to allow others make plays. I will be watching him closely.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I specially hope to see Star step his game up. Not necessarily in the stat sheet, but I want to see him truly plug the middle and eat up 2 blockers to allow others make plays. I will be watching him closely.

Exact-a-mundo.  We paid for him to do just that, so let's see it!

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So what I want to see:

On D and special teams

1) Tremaine Edmunds making good decisions - not getting lured into overpursuit.  If he's a tad slow because he's processing, I'm less concerned by that than him getting tricked and boxed off from the play

2) someone on DL not named Kyle Williams stepping it up

3) Minimal dumb mistakes and dumb penalties

On O

1) Josh Allen making good decisions, including decisions to scamper out of bounds and SLIDE!  feet first

2) WR getting open and catching anything within reach

3) the OL not getting shoved into the backfield on every play, and Dawkins not doing a clever impersonation of a subway turnstile. 

That's what will make me happy, not particular about any score or passing yardage target.

I want to see:

• Good in-game coaching.  Zero head-scratching moments.
  • No injuries.
  • Allen playing smart football (exactly what you said about knowing when to slide or get out of bounds).
  • Effectively stopping the run.
  • Effectively running the ball.
  • Aggressive play-calling on 2nd and short downs.  (passes of 20+ yards in the air)
  • Like (+1) 1