Josh Allen to start Sunday

FluffHead

On 8/20/2018 at 7:02 PM, klos63 said:

Couldn't that also happen with Peterman? It's not like he has a great deal of experience. Any QB is likely to have a tough time starting this season, so you go with the most talented.

But the Bills have a lot more invested in Allen than Peterman.  I am suggesting that Peterman (and/or McCarron) “take one for the team” this year.

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Josh Allen: "I'm Not Gonna Take it Lightly" (7:49)

QB Josh Allen discusses his preparation heading in to starting against the Bengals on Sunday.

As polite as Allen is he couldn't help but give that guy asking him about Jalen Ramsy's comments a look that said are you really asking this !@#$ing question again.

Buffalo Bills QB: Josh Allen's Mental Processing (3:51)

Buffalo Bills Quarterback Josh Allen has had a solid preseason going 18/32 for 176 yards and two touchdowns, but there is still work to be done. Reports from practice at One Bills Drive this week are that Allen is working with the ones and is going to get his chance to start this coming weekend against the Cincinnati Bengals.

The former Wyoming Cowboy has already won fans over, but it appears that many naysayers have been pleasantly surprised with how well he has performed thus far.

Allen has given an often slow-starting offense a spark every time he has come into the game. The arm strength has always been there, but Allen needs to work on the finer points of being a Quarterback.
Allen trained with QB guru Jordan Palmer this summer and I believe we are seeing some of that training at work. But its not on Palmer to maintain that consistency.

That's the jobs of Offensive coordinator Brian Daboll and Quarterback Coach David Culley and through two games they have done a great job. The staff has helped Allen stay on top of his footwork. Allen’s drops are smooth, balanced, under control and he isn’t as erratic in the pocket.

But what has impressed me the most is his mental understanding of the game. This is something that Draft Twitter can’t completely evaluate. Allen has been touted as a smart kid and he has lived up to that billing on several occasions.

One of those occasions was against the Cleveland Browns.

The Bills send out 11 personnel (1 RB, 1 TE) and align them in a 3x1 set. But Allen then sends TE Jason Croom in motion across the formation as the offense settles into a 2x2 set.

The motion identifies the coverage as Man, and Allen wants to work the two-man route combination into the short side of the field. Both of these route combinations are part of the Bills’ quick game, which means that typically a drop from under center is a three step drop.

Allen knows that he must be decisive on the throw to the short side of the field, but he also recognizes a blitz is coming from that side.

With all of that factored in, Allen shortens the three step drop into a two-step drop. A shallow drop allows Allen to stand tall in the pocket, which forces the Browns defender Genard Avery to tighten his ‘line’ to the QB.

It causes Avery to get hung up on the block by right guard John Miller, and allows running back Marcus Murphy to get a piece of Avery. But it also gives Allen a nice window to throw to.

Allen’s height and arm strength affords him the opportunity to stand tall in the pocket, on ‘the spot’ to delivery a throw from a high release point so that the trajectory is too high for the underneath defender and with the velocity that would make an interception difficult.

The accuracy and placement is perfect and WR Andre Holmes is able to catch the ball and get out of bounds. Just another example of Allen’s awareness of the down and distance, the coverage, and how he needed to adjust in order for the play to succeed.
  • Like (+1) 4

23 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I'm gonna need that recipe.

Pretty simple actually -

make sweet potato home fries in the oven at like 400 for about 30 minutes (toss them in olive oil to get crispy) -- this replaces the home fries

I usually just buy premade broccoli slaw at wegmans, add some mayo and use that as "macaroni salad"

Hot sauce is really- whatever i want it to be.. usually mushrooms, peppers and onions, with some grass fed ground beef.  I usually add some whole grain mustard and sri racha. 

After that its just a regular hamburger.  The key to the garbage plate flavor is after you make it, top it with yellow mustard and minced onions.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/21/2018 at 6:06 PM, pi2000 said:

hi-res-d5bf518ac23c595048a6f90e58e68237_

Look at that belly!  

And early signs of double chin... i'd say he's somewhere between 1.5-1.75 chins ATM.

Just imagine what he'll look like in 4-5 years on a steady WNY based diet. 

Belly??

that's called the core !!