The local & national "just start him already" narrative is officially here

5 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Baker Mayfield gets the glass half-full treatment, while Josh Allen gets the glass half-empty treatment.

What you're describing is the football version of "fake news".  If you ever flip from Fox News to CNN to see how a single bit of news is discussed, you see this same thing. 

This can’t be, In another thread I was told “the media” doesn’t know anything because the Bleacher Report wasn’t glowing enough. 

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They have spent the last year 4 months crapping on Allen...

Yup, like many (most?) Bills fans up until Allen was drafted. 

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Do you expect national media guys to be experts on all 32 teams when it's inarguable that the most devoted fans in this site who live and die Bills football 24-7 have wildly disparate views on virtually everything about the team, especially the QB? 

I don't expect anyone in the national media to be an experts on the Buffalo Bills or their QB. But I do expect them to be unbiased in their reporting when they are watching the team and said QB on the field. The fact is Allen outplayed or at the very least played on par with the medias darling Rookie QB Baker Mayfield and the media is being disingenuous to this fact to protect their narrative over the past 6 months. This is when it becomes Fake News. The media will protect their progostications til the bitter end and when wrong hope enough time passes by that the masses will forget. You don't have to be drinking the koolaid to see that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

God, that describes him perfectly... incredible how the Peterman nuts are still clinging.

Better then the Tyrod nut riders ;)

(Sorry I had to bring back our old rivalry, I'm just joking)

I agree his ceiling is a poor man's Chad.

My question is this:

Do we run with the poor man's Chad until the oline looks better so that we don't damage Allen??

I'm looking at Peterman like a solid, cheap, winter beater vehicle right now.

You didn't pay much for it, and you're just hoping it gets the job done and keeps working just a little while longer until the bad weather is over so that you don't ruin your new Ferrari.

Peterman is the beater we hope makes it through the first 5-7 games of our schedule, which is brutal, so that we don't have to take the Ferrari out of the garage until we want to.

Allen is the man.

Nathan Beaterman.

Edited by SouthNYfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think what it boils down to is that most sports broadcasters and journalists are lazy and just go with the conventional wisdom and don't want to put in the time and effort to see if the conventional wisdom about Allen is correct or not.  They listen to the same pundits we do and heard all of the flaws in Allen's game just like we did.  On this board many of us spent some time and went back and watched film of Allen playing in Wyoming and at the Senior Bowl and throwing at the combine and at his pro day.  We followed Allen's performance in the training camp practices open to the public.  We wanted to have an informed opinion about Allen, but having an informed opinion takes a little bit of effort.  Do you think they did all that to prepare for this game?  Of course not

The word out of the draft was that Allen has a rocket of an arm but was inaccurate.  He was probably going to be a huge bust.  With that framework in place they see everything through those lenses. Get used to it because until the evidence becomes overwhelming and shows that narrative is incorrect, that's what we are going to continue to hear week after week.

Their inaccurate reporting and skewed perspective against Allen isn't malicious, it's just lazy reporting.

I agree with your assessment here.., If Allen starts - winning football games should clear up those "skewed lenses".

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

It's actually very easy.

If they say something praising the Bills, or with positive implications for the Bills, they know what they are doing.

If they say something negative or insult the Bills, they are total idiots.

Guess you had to find something else  to be negative about since you can’t say anything bad about Allen this week. 

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

But the analytics at QBASE say he is going to be a bust and he can’t through the ball accurately.

If he has a bad game and Rosen has a good game, there will be hand wringing again that we picked the wrong Josh.

It's also too early to tell for either one, but having said that, Allen has looked pretty damned good.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

It's also too early to tell for either one, but having said that, Allen has looked pretty damned good.

Really good, but the fan base is like the wind.

It’s a good thing he didn’t start as he would probably have suffered a similar fate to McCarron. Garrett abused Dawkins.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Really good, but the fan base is like the wind.

It’s a good thing he didn’t start as he would probably have suffered a similar fate to McCarron. Garrett abused Dawkins.

Yeah, I said it before during the off-season, and got ripped for it:

Our starting oline is f*cking terrible as a whole.

I've seen Cuban refugee rafts with less holes in them.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This is why sports are so much simpler than politics.  You can let your playing on the field destroy any narrative put out there.  I'll definitely have to eat crow if Allen turns into a franchise QB, but all those expert anti Allen prognosticators have to also.

Actually it's proof that there is no objective truth anymore. Allen could play the best game ever and there would be people who would look at it and say it sucked.  It's right out of "1984."