Please name Josh Allen the starter

McCarron's collarbone injury could put top pick Allen in line as Bills Week 1 starter | Pro Football Weekly

Under heavy duress behind the Bills' starting offensive line against the Browns in Friday's second preseason game, AJ McCarron sustained a hairline fracture to his right collarbone, the Buffalo News' Vic Carucci first reported.

McCarron, whom the Bills signed to a two-year, $10 million contract this offseason as a potential veteran place holder before trading up in Round 1 to select Josh Allen seventh overall, was making his first start, one week after Nate Peterman got the call in Buffalo's three-man QB competition.

Well, now it appears to be a two-man battle, at least for a while, as McCarron's injury is expected to sideline him several weeks. And whittled down to Allen vs. Peterman, the rooke, who played well Friday night, might be the favorite to land the job.

But Allen clearly is the future, and for better or worse, it might be starting sooner than expected in Buffalo.

I still think we should sit him.  Yes he has done a really nice job so far and I am happy with his progress.  I just remember Jordan Palmer saying "SIT him a whole year and you'll have something Nobody has ever had, BUT you can't rush him no matter what".  I think we are at the no matter what poimt right now.  Yes it's sooner than most everyone thought but we still need to be patient.  

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I still think we should sit him.  Yes he has done a really nice job so far and I am happy with his progress.  I just remember Jordan Palmer saying "SIT him a whole year and you'll have something Nobody has ever had, BUT you can't rush him no matter what".  I think we are at the no matter what poimt right now.  Yes it's sooner than most everyone thought but we still need to be patient.  

Why?

A feeling?

Btw, Josh, I love you, buddy, and you are going to be the starter for this team.

However, with two games left in the preseason I could use a little less "hero" from you when you are running with the ball.

I know you have moxie and I love your effort, but you can't start for this team if you can't start for this team.

Please, please, please...a little more sliding and a little more quick exit to the sidelines when you run.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Btw, Josh, I love you, buddy, and you are going to be the starter for this team.

However, with two games left in the preseason I could use a little less "hero" from you when you are running with the ball.

I know you have moxie and I love your effort, but you can't start for this team if you can't start for this team.

Please, please, please...a little more sliding and a little more quick exit to the sidelines when you run.

How stoked would you be if Josh Allen read this, printed it out and tape it to his locker?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

Hurry up and name him the starter.

Pete, you know that all we'll end up hearing is Allen taking first team reps, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and then he walks on to the field with the first team on Sunday.

i do respect the fact that McDermott is a slave to this! 

Man...man, did he look so good on that td to Streater!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

How stoked would you be if Josh Allen read this, printed it out and tape it to his locker?

Ya know, Royale, you don't have to make fun of me by getting my hopes up like that.

now I'm thinking about it.

now I can't stop thinking about it.

now I am eating and thinking about it.  

Great, I have a wedding I have to go to in 2 weeks and my goal of losing 25 pounds is officially over.

words are power, my friend...words are power.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think Peterman's flaws will still show up against 1st team DBs at regular season game speeds. 

It's funny knowing what most of us know now if Allen were in that exact same scenario and was throwing the pass it is unlikely the db would have a similar jump on that ball as Allen would be throwing a "freakin' lazzzer" out to the receiver.

...I love that we are starting to get this vibe about this kid.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Why?

A feeling?

Jordan Palmer worked with him all winter for the combine and his pro day.  He said he saw unbelievable talent that needed to be coached.  He said he thinks he needs to learn to play QB but has all the tools and smarts to be Great.  He really stressed not to rush him and take time coaching him up.  I for one was hoping AJ or Nathan would prove to be a better QB1 for right now but it looks like Allen is right there with them.  If we can start Peterman I say do it and let Allen learn some more.  

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It's funny knowing what most of us know now if Allen were in that exact same scenario and was throwing the pass it is unlikely the db would have a similar jump on that ball as Allen would be throwing a "freakin' lazzzer" out to the receiver.

...I love that we are starting to get this vibe about this kid.

Directly to the point.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1