Please name Josh Allen the starter

I always thought Allen would start week one and now it seems a no brainer.

i didn't expect him to look this good this early. He does so many things well right off the bat. Of course he is going to have some WTf throws, but he has had surprisingly little. 

He had had three straight drives and three scoring drives. 

He's already better than both those guys, because what he does they can't do is glaringly obvious. And it is not only arm strength. He is way better in less than one game at avoiding the rush than either of those other two. He's a better scrambler and runner and thrower and he stands in the pocket fearless. He's been remarkably accurate overall. The run by Murphy to the one yard line likely doesn't happen with McCarron or Peterman because Allen was driving down the field with his arm and then we ran. It was pretty obvious. 

No team, no defense, ever, at any time, is going to be scared of Nathan Peterman's arm. Never. Ever. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaxBills said:

Allen's foot work has blown me away.

Nate gave me flash backs on his first throw....

Peterman is still horrible. That first pass should have been a pick six and in regular season it is. He cannot throw the ball downfield, and if he cannot, teams will jump routes all day long. He's terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Peterman is still horrible. That first pass should have been a pick six and in regular season it is. He cannot throw the ball downfield, and if he cannot, teams will jump routes all day long. He's terrible. 

But he's about to be our backup.

3 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Peterman is the starter but we will see Allen this year no doubt - you cant keep a talent like him on the bench for too long 

Nah man....  Allen is not what we've been told he was.  Dude is going to be great.  

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Nah man....  Allen is not what we've been told he was.  Dude is going to be great.  

He's exactly what we were told he can be, people didn't want to listen because college completion% > Actual talent

• Like (+1) 1

It's preseason.  He'll suck in the regular season, don't worry.  Y'know, because Bills and all.

Hell, I was watching Mayfield tonight, and thinking "Damn, he could be very good QB in the NFL...too bad Cleveland's going to ruin him like they do every QB." 

Some franchises just have what it takes destroy the futures of rookie QBs.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

It's preseason.  He'll suck in the regular season, don't worry.  Y'know, because Bills and all.

Hell, I was watching Mayfield tonight, and thinking "Damn, he could be very good QB in the NFL...too bad Cleveland's going to ruin him like they do every QB." 

Some franchises just have what it takes destroy the futures of rookie QBs.

Mayfield is going to have to score on second team at least.  He got handled until third team went in.  I like him, but he finally turned it on when the bills players were camp fodder guys.

17 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

He shouldn't be. They need to make a trade. 

They were willing to make him the backup last year and it was somewhat of a disaster. So they may do it again. Joe Webb of all people won the snow game. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Augie said:

Josh has shown much more than I expected at this point, and his upside seems amazing, but I’m still not wanting him to be rushed into action. I will wait and trust the process. 

The only problem is he is our best QB.   And in my opinion, that's the starter.

• Like (+1) 1