Don’t shoot the messenger

I like the over on the Saints, under on the Chargers...

Under on the Fins too, they might be picking 1st overall next year. 

As of right now now the starting QB is either AJ McCarron or the guy who set the NFL record for most picks in a half in his first start... really hard to argue 5.5 as inaccurate.  The defense seems to be shaping up nicely but you still need to be able to pass the football.

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

We traded away the QB that was the only reason we made the playoffs.  How can we not expect a massive drop off in wins - even though at almost every position except left guard and center, we're better?

Only ?

LOL.

• Thank you (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Kirby, What was Vegas predicting last year in the season that we won 9 games? 

6 or 6.5. So we went down some. Bills won 9 and made the playoffs but it was one of the worst Bills teams since the 90's. Strange as that sounds. That's the reason for so many changes. Basically the only constant is McCoy and the secondary. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

6 or 6.5. So we went down some. Bills won 9 and made the playoffs but it was one of the worst Bills teams since the 90's. Strange as that sounds. 

Thanks for the response. The reality is that the Bills winning 9 games with that stripped down team was a testament to McDermott doing a terrific coaching job and the players buying in. 

26 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

yeah teams like the Colts, Browns,  Bucs, Cardinals, Denver, Jets, Miami, Chicago, Washington. These are all teams that I'd say are worse off than our Bills. But since we're the Bills & don't have a clear cut starting QB, the national media puts us near the bottom.

As others have stated, our defense alone will keep us in games. And if our running game is on track & we don't turn the ball over too much, we'll remain competitive just on solid fundamental football. Here's hoping all this last place talk will help to light a fire under our a$$e$ & keep us in contention for a playoff spot.

But the NFL sure didn't do us any favors with how tough our schedule is. 1st half looks rough, 2nd half looks promising

I am under the impression that Washington will be pretty good next year.

And I do think the defense will keep us close much of the time but if the offense is lousy, the defense will get tired. The OL needs to step up and I'm not quite sure that they can.

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

More about finally getting lucky. The team was bad. 

No question that the team was bad and got some unexpected luck. But you have to give credit to this limited team for mostly playing hard. Sometimes it is more about not losing rather than about winning. The big difference last year was not turning over the ball. TT was super cautious about exposing the ball. That was both a good thing and also a bad thing. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Tomcat said:

Id bet the over easily... Id put o/u at 7.5

I hope your right , but to bet that we win at least 8 games without knowing who our starting QB will be week 1 ( I hope you don’t bet your house ? on it ) 

IMO - W-5 to max W-7  I can’t see us winning more , new OC , new systems , starting QB?, 

can Shaddy stay healthy for 16 games ?  

Gooo Buffalo!!!!

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Think it was 7

If I were a betting man I would take Cleveland over against the 4.5 Vegas line. They have a lot of young talent. What they need is simply competent qbing in order to make a major leap forward. 

31 minutes ago, White Linen said:

We traded away the QB that was the only reason we made the playoffs.  How can we not expect a massive drop off in wins - even though at almost every position except left guard and center, we're better?

I'd argue the defense was the reason why we made the playoffs.  The offense was terrible last year.  This year, the defense looks to be better, at least on paper.  I doubt we get gashed by runs up the middle like we did last year.  The QB was not utilized to the extent he should have been, so a new QB may not be a big deal; I think some of that depends on Daboll.  And the Oline may not be as bad as everyone expects; it wasn't great last season, which I would argue was a result of the dumb blocking scheme that Dennison insisted on running...because that is what he ran in Denver.