NFL on CBS broadcasting crews

21 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

We will of course be getting a heavy dose of Spiro Dedes again.............

i actually dont mind him.. i get the reasons why some dont care for him.. but for some reason, he seems to grasp the pace , whatever. i am  no expert, and know , like the rest on here who can be annoying. but he doesnt bother me  

•  
Edited by dwight in philly

I can't stand Spiro Dedes and Beth Mowins.  I'm not sure if Mowins is even with CBS.  I like Nance/Romo/Wolfson and Gumbel/Green and am optimistic about Arians.  Eagle and crew are OK, certainly not a favorite of mine.  Did I mention that I cannot stand Spiro Dedes?  He is really annoying and makes numerous errors throughout each and every game.  It boggles my mind that the networks can't find enough competent announcers to fill all of their slots.

Boycotting Google now? 

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

We will of course be getting a heavy dose of Spiro Dedes again.............

4 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I can't stand Spiro Dedes and Beth Mowins.  I'm not sure if Mowins is even with CBS.  I like Nance/Romo/Wolfson and Gumbel/Green and am optimistic about Arians.  Eagle and crew are OK, certainly not a favorite of mine.  Did I mention that I cannot stand Spiro Dedes?  He is really annoying and makes numerous errors throughout each and every game.  It boggles my mind that the networks can't find enough competent announcers to fill all of their slots.

Not going to lie, I was annoyed by his voice at first, and his name. I mean, it sounds like someone asking for a spare pair of Adidas...but I've gotten past that. 

I've actually come to appreciate his enthusiastic calls in the moment, and given the fact that he has called so many Bills games, he knows the team better than any of the others. Not sure what mistakes you're talking about.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Gumbel was pretty good the first few years he was on but he makes a number of mistakes in each game he calls anymore.  CBS to this point has never been as good as when NBC had the AFC assignment.  Even when we were not good enough to have Enberg or we were not the number 1 match up for the week it was pretty good to have Don Criqui (Buffalo native) or Marv Albert.  Even Charlie Jones paired with Todd Christiansen was pretty good for The Comeback Game although Todd had lost a little from a few years prior.  Tom Hammond who went on to do the PGA and Notre Dame was good as a D team play by play caller.  Now some of the color guys left something to be desired with Reggie Rucker being the first that I remember with his Buffalo "Beels".

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I've actually come to appreciate his enthusiastic calls in the moment, and given the fact that he has called so many Bills games, he knows the team better than any of the others. Not sure what mistakes you're talking about.

For the record for everyone, I was definitely not complaining about Spiro. He's fine; we just get a LOT of him during the season. I've rewatched the highlights of the Colts snow game a few times and I thought he did a good job. 

The worst ever for me was Don Criqui. Trumpy was also not great. It's going to take us being as good as the top teams to consistently get the 1's and 2's for any network.

14 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Gumbel was pretty good the first few years he was on but he makes a number of mistakes in each game he calls anymore.  CBS to this point has never been as good as when NBC had the AFC assignment.  Even when we were not good enough to have Enberg or we were not the number 1 match up for the week it was pretty good to have Don Criqui (Buffalo native) or Marv Albert.  Even Charlie Jones paired with Todd Christiansen was pretty good for The Comeback Game although Todd had lost a little from a few years prior.  Tom Hammond who went on to do the PGA and Notre Dame was good as a D team play by play caller.  Now some of the color guys left something to be desired with Reggie Rucker being the first that I remember with his Buffalo "Beels".

I think you forget how bad some of those guys on NBC were.  Randy Cross was awful.  Cris Collinsworth was pretty terrible back then as well.

I generally think CBS announcers are significantly better than FOX's lineup.  I'd rather have Nantz/Romo than Buck and Aikman.  Kevin Harlan is also pretty good.  Dick Stockton on FOX is just terrible.

16 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I hate Ian Eagle for the smug way that he pronounces his name as "eye-an" istead of "ee-in."

If I were him I'd pronounce it ee-in eye-gle.

14 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Solomon Wilcots.  Although to me it always sounds like "Bee-owws"

Edited by eball

6 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I think you forget how bad some of those guys on NBC were.  Randy Cross was awful.  Cris Collinsworth was pretty terrible back then as well.

I generally think CBS announcers are significantly better than FOX's lineup.  I'd rather have Nantz/Romo than Buck and Aikman.  Kevin Harlan is also pretty good.  Dick Stockton on FOX is just terrible.

Of course not every NBC personality was the paragon of perfection.  But on average I would say that the NBC guys were better and for me a large part was that they did not look down at the AFC Conference.  Many lose their ability over time both then and now.  Agree 100 percent CBS is better than FOX.  Dick Stockton is another guy who was pretty good when the NFC was on CBS but has lost it for quite a while now.

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

This is a good time for me to point out, for the hundredth time, that the quality of NFL broadcasting is just atrocious.

Dude ...you need professional help...

22 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I usually turn the TV down and listen to Murph and kelso.