Astro-Notes: Bills’ Practice 8-7-18

Astro-Notes: Bills’ Practice 8-7-18

(Not done typing–will remove this when I’m done)

A grey rainy day at Fisher, but outfitted with a Bills umbrella and sheet protectors over my roster, which now has #19 as Corey Coleman, I took one for the #BillsMafia. My notes are sopping wet, but legible. Here goes.

http://billsmafia.com/2018/08/07/astro-notes-bills-practice-8-7-18/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Highlights

(Rastro has a great style!)

“Gerhard de Beer got de most instruction

11 on 11s began.

McCarron hands off to McCoy, and yesterday’s hard landing on his hip showed no sign of persisting. The dude can fly. Interesting that Keith Ford went before Marcus Murphy today, but Ford’s deserved it. Ford, the youngest RB, has had a checkered past. He transferred out of Oklahoma to Texas A&M, having been suspended indefinitely for both academic and team rules violations. He’s lost 3 murdered friends. 

Allen got second ups, and had Corey Coleman line up as the X receiver on this side next to Ray Ray, who occupied the slot. Coleman went long every time, but the plays were hand-offs to Cadet then Taiwan Jones.

McCarron went again, curiously skipping Peterman

Peterman throws it deep to Coleman on a Go route, and he hauls it in, just as easy as pie. A 2020 7th round pick…

Allen comes out with a trips formation left, with Dupre, Kaelin Clay, and Logan Thomas, who’s out the widest (I love Daboll’s wrinkles). Allen zings it to Supre-Dupre on a crosser. Some spectators leave, confusing Allen’s pass with lightning. Not done yet, Allen throws and connects with Coleman deep. 2020 seventh-rounder looking good.

McCarron has Corey Coleman crossing over the middle and McCoy receiving the benefit of the attention on Coleman. 

Josh Allen has Harvard’s own Adam Redmond at Center, and he’s doing strong work in there. Coleman flies deep down the left side, leaving space behind for Allen’s screen to Marcus Murphy. It’s nice having someone stretch the field for all that it opens up. Allen has them in 4-wide, no RB on the next play. Allen leads Robert Foster with an accurate pass that would have made 15+ yards. 

LJ McCray is dancing on the sidelines, but Tre White says, “Hold my beer.”

McCarron puts Charles Clay in motion onto the same side as Benjamin. That’s a lot of height on one side. A.J. flips the ball to Andre Holmes on the other side. This is excellent offensive scheming. 

The Front Four, which I call The Cold Front, consists of Star Lotulelei at one-tech, Horrible Harry at 3-tech, Shaq Lawson next to Horrible, and LDE Jerry Hughes, who is getting off in record time. 

Daboll again impresses with O’Leary split out wide”

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Astro's notes make Coleman seem like the MVP of the day.

Yeah for sure.. I've even shared his site to a few friends of mine, because his daily updates provide much appreciated insight into the practice sessions, that i'd otherwise be unable to learn. Big thanks!

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Highlights

(Rastro has a great style!)

“Gerhard de Beer got de most instruction

LJ McCray is dancing on the sidelines, but Tre White says, “Hold my beer.”

Wait a minute!  I thought Gerhard de Beer was brought in to "guard the beer"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Second that.

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Who's Astro? 

Look at the top of the post. It has his name. He used to do these for years on tbd untill told otherwise. Only one of the best camp reporters Bills  have and they dont even know it. 

Simple as this....Astro is to Camp as @mead107 is to Stromboli. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Look at the top of the post. It has his name. He used to do these for years on tbd untill told otherwise. Only one of the best camp reporters Bills  have and they dont even know it. 

Simple as this....Astro is to Camp as @mead107 is to Stromboli. 

...I believe he also writes for the DRAFTTEK site...............

Team Correspondents
Have comments or suggestions regarding team needs or draft choices for a specific team?? Run it by our team of correspondents!
Team Correspondent Contact
NBA Chief Analyst Thomas Gersey NBATeamNeeds@Drafttek.com
Arizona James Siebers ArizonaCardinals@Drafttek.com
Atlanta Greg Hawes AtlantaFalcons@Drafttek.com
Baltimore Cole Muzio BaltimoreRavens@Drafttek.com
Buffalo Dean Kindig BuffaloBills@Drafttek.com
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I believe he also writes for the DRAFTTEK site...............

Team Correspondents
Have comments or suggestions regarding team needs or draft choices for a specific team?? Run it by our team of correspondents!
Team Correspondent Contact
NBA Chief Analyst Thomas Gersey NBATeamNeeds@Drafttek.com
Arizona James Siebers ArizonaCardinals@Drafttek.com
Atlanta Greg Hawes AtlantaFalcons@Drafttek.com
Baltimore Cole Muzio BaltimoreRavens@Drafttek.com
Buffalo Dean Kindig BuffaloBills@Drafttek.com

Yes. Thats him.

• Like (+1) 1