"Number 1" WR Jordan Matthews Placed on IR by the Patriots - Serious Hamstring Injury

I feel bad for the dude. To be super productive the first few years and then have these injuries happen just before the big contract. And this latest one could have happened after the season started so at least he would have gotten his 2018 pay. Here is hoping he bounces back next season. I wouldn't mind him on the Bills at all so long as he is fully healthy.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I feel bad for the dude. To be super productive the first few years and then have these injuries happen just before the big contract. And this latest one could have happened after the season started so at least he would have gotten his 2018 pay. Here is hoping he bounces back next season. I wouldn't mind him on the Bills at all so long as he is fully healthy.

I could be wrong, but I think in order to be able to cut him, the Pats had to reach an injury settlement with him.  If it's a serious injury, it would likely stretch into the season, so they would owe him several game checks - unless of course he managed to finagle any kind of injury guarantee into his contract, which I'm thinking he probably lacked the leverage to achieve.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I think in order to be able to cut him, the Pats had to reach an injury settlement with him.  If it's a serious injury, it would likely stretch into the season, so they would owe him several game checks - unless of course he managed to finagle any kind of injury guarantee into his contract, which I'm thinking he probably lacked the leverage to achieve.

Thanks. I did not realize this and it does make me feel better about his situation.

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Are we talking about the same Jordan Matthews?

Yes.

He had three consecutive solid seasons of over 800 yards with Philly as his first 3 in the league.

Then he had a horrible injury plagued season last year with us.

I didn't know that one bad season reassess the three prior good ones 

"What have you done for me lately?" Is a very poor way to judge players.

He is 26.

He was cut because he had a massive injury.

21 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Sammy just signed a deal to be one the highest paid WRs in the league and JMatt's career is on life support and the only thing that surprises me about this situation is Sammy signed for $16 million when I figured he'd get $12 MM - $14MM.

Mrags with “tha whiff”.        He was slurping up all the Jordan Matthews > Sammy stocks 

22 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Bleh I try not to touch Patriots in fantasy, I don’t think I have ever used one.

Yeah their WRs are pretty bad, sorry not sorry I’m glad I won’t have to watch Matthews on that team. 

The only Pats you should take are Brady and Gronk. All the others are so inconsistent they aren't worth it. Especially the running backs.

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Are we talking about the same Jordan Matthews?

Come on man. Matthews is a quality receiver. He came to Buffalo and played with Taylor, an impossible task for any WR, and then got hurt. Before that he had quality seasons in Philly. He's a good #2 WR.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, MJS said:

The only Pats you should take are Brady and Gronk. All the others are so inconsistent they aren't worth it. Especially the running backs.

Come on man. Matthews is a quality receiver. He came to Buffalo and played with Taylor, an impossible task for any WR, and then got hurt. Before that he had quality seasons in Philly. He's a good #2 WR.

Matthews did have solid seasons and was a decent WR.  That said, he was on his way out in Philadelphia at the time we traded for him.  He was a likely cut candidate going into camp as Agholor was coming on strong and looking ready to take JMatt's slot role. 

He was trending down before he arrived in Buffalo and continues his rapid decline now. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/1/2018 at 10:07 AM, WMDman said:

too  bad, i like the dude

Too bad that the guy*  in the 

( process) of  throwing him the ball  didn’t break his neck ,  

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to "Number 1" WR Jordan Matthews Placed on IR by the Patriots - Serious Hamstring Injury