"Austin", TX is racist

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just say you named the city after Austin Blair.  Problem solved.

This is what they did in Seattle.  Seattle is in King county named after who as it turned out owned slaves.  So they changed the logo and now claim it was name after Martin.

The change came as part of a 20-year bi-partisan effort that began in 1986 when then-County Councilman Bruce Laing proposed that the county's namesake be changed. The county was originally named in 1852 after Vice President William Rufus de Vane King, a slave owner and advocate for the Fugitive Slave Act.

https://www.kingcounty.gov/about/logo.aspx

Just now, DC Tom said:

I'm guessing if you named a city "Shoniqua" or "Deshone" it'd be racist, though.

Can't name it after whitey.  Can't not name it after whitey. 

:lol:

I can't argue with that. When Kelly101 pointed out the inherent whiteness of the name Austin, I though "true, but nothing sounds whiter than the name Chad. Then I remembered the nation situated right smack in the middle of the African continent - probably not a lot of white folks living there, at least in terms of a percentage of the population.

Now you have me laughing at the notion of renaming it "Shoniqua", and the absolute $#@%storm that would ensue were that to ever happen.

1 minute ago, Azalin said:

Now you have me laughing at the notion of renaming it "Shoniqua", and the absolute $#@%storm that would ensue were that to ever happen.

Shonique, Texas, 73301.

A city with a "black" name, in a state with a Native American name, with a zip code made of Arabic numerals.  How !@#$ing awesome would that shitstorm be?

Chad actually gets its name from Lake Chad.  Which got its name when European explorers asked natives "What do you call that big lake?"  And they answered "Chad."  And the Europeans said "Hmm...okay, Lake Chad."  Not bothering to find out that "chad" is the local word for "lake."

So the Central African Republic of Lake is named after Lake Lake...

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Azalin said:

But so does "Chad".

8 minutes ago, Azalin said:

:lol:

I can't argue with that. When Kelly101 pointed out the inherent whiteness of the name Austin, I though "true, but nothing sounds whiter than the name Chad. Then I remembered the nation situated right smack in the middle of the African continent - probably not a lot of white folks living there, at least in terms of a percentage of the population.

There have been black people named Chad, like Chad Johnson.  Hey I know, rename Austin to Ochocinco

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Chad is reserved for Florida when it needs to change its name.

Just name it after Robert Byrd and see how everyone reacts.

Do it, Austin. Just do it. Shove their moronic hypocrisy straight up their racist asssssssssholes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Just name it after Robert Byrd and see how everyone reacts.

Do it, Austin. Just do it. Shove their moronic hypocrisy straight up their racist asssssssssholes.

Eh, they'd just invent some stupidity such as Byrd was actually a Republican, therefore all Republicans are evil.

This would be in the same vein as their idiotic argument that the Democrats and GOP swapped players in the 1960s, therefore all evil acts by the Democrats in the 19th and half of the 20th centuries were actually perpetrated by Republicans.

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

There have been black people named Chad, like Chad Johnson.  Hey I know, rename Austin to Ochocinco

Can Ray Lewis knock his helmet 20 yards downfield again?

What a great hit that was.

Speaking of names.  My grandpa's name on my father's side was Adolf and one guy ruined that name for eternity.  Yet, Joseph is still alive and kicking despite Stalin and Goebbels.  Where's the consistency?

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Speaking of names.  My grandpa's name on my father's side was Adolf and one guy ruined that name for eternity.  Yet, Joseph is still alive and kicking despite Stalin and Goebbels.  Where's the consistency?

I imagine that if Jesus's step dad was named Adolf, then history might be a tad kinder to the name.

• Haha (+1) 1