"Austin", TX is racist

21 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I imagine that if Jesus's step dad was named Adolf, then history might be a tad kinder to the name.

I knew that would come up.  I just bring it up because my grandpa was always pissed that his first name was forever sullied and that Joseph came out unscathed.  

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Speaking of names.  My grandpa's name on my father's side was Adolf and one guy ruined that name for eternity.  Yet, Joseph is still alive and kicking despite Stalin and Goebbels.  Where's the consistency?

Hey !@#$ you. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Speaking of names.  My grandpa's name on my father's side was Adolf and one guy ruined that name for eternity.  Yet, Joseph is still alive and kicking despite Stalin and Goebbels.  Where's the consistency?

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I knew that would come up.  I just bring it up because my grandpa was always pissed that his first name was forever sullied and that Joseph came out unscathed.  

I knew a guy from Eastern Europe originally born decades after the war who is named Adolf.  After moving to the US he started going by Dolph

32 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I knew a guy from Eastern Europe originally born decades after the war who is named Adolf.  After moving to the US he started going by Dolph

That is a cruel joke by his parents.  My grandpa was too stubborn to change his name.  I just remember him complaining when I was a kid about how Stalin killed even more people and Joseph was still a popular name.

Edited by Doc Brown

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That is a cruel joke by his parents.  My grandpa was too stubborn to change his name.  I just remember him complaining when I was a kid about how Stalin killed even more people and Joseph was still a popular name.

US intellectuals never abandoned their love of Stalin.

Before I forget, 

On 7/30/2018 at 11:58 AM, 3rdnlng said:

They will tax the money from his house that he leaves the state with.

Net from the house has to be above $500K for a married couple before they start digging in my pockets. We should come under that.

15 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Just name it after Robert Byrd and see how everyone reacts.

Do it, Austin. Just do it. Shove their moronic hypocrisy straight up their racist asssssssssholes.

Or they could rename it Gaytown, Texas or Trans City Texas, or Homeless Texas, or Mexico City Texas, or Progressive Texas. It should be a defining issue in the 2020 Presidential election.  

22 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Before I forget, 

Net from the house has to be above $500K for a married couple before they start digging in my pockets. We should come under that.

Under $500k in California?  Are you living in a tent under a bridge?

Just now, Nanker said:

Or they could rename it Gaytown, Texas or Trans City Texas, or Homeless Texas, or Mexico City Texas, or Progressive Texas. It should be a defining issue in the 2020 Presidential election.  

I like TransAustin.  "We're really Austin, but we don't self-identify as such."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Honestly, how does anyone afford living in LA, SD or SF?

Anyone on an average salary, anyway...

two very good salaries and you have to sign on for 1/3 more than you can honestly afford

or have old $$$ to spend, ALWAYS make sure you never let people know you had some old $$$$ to spend on your lifestyle

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Honestly, how does anyone afford living in LA, SD or SF?

Anyone on an average salary, anyway...

Beyond the fact that your average salary here is higher than most places, it starts with living in the boonies. You may work in LA, but you live in Riverside or Corona, which means you spend half your life on a train or in a car because the toll roads are pretty expensive to take all the time.

Then it becomes an issue of living within your means, which usually means having roommates if you're single, or both husband/wife having jobs and keeping your kids in the public school system, which in and of itself is a horrible option no matter where you live.

But don't let anyone kid you. There's a reason there are miles and miles of homeless people in this state.

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So it would seem. And yet, there's constant building and rennovation in LA specifically, is there not? So there has to be some sort of demand.

people keep lining up to get further in debt

there hasn't been a real estate crash since 1989 in Toronto, it is so overdue

in addition, the raising of prime rates by 1-2% would cause a major problem for a lot of people