Brandon Beane Interview: 1st Preseason Game Pivotal for Josh Allen in 2018

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Did you miss the part about no one blocking Joey Bosa?

There were a lot of teams that couldn't block Joey Bosa last year.  I think Peterman hurling five picks in the first half took the energy out of the Bills more than anything else.

Just now, eball said:

There were a lot of teams that couldn't block Joey Bosa last year.  I think Peterman hurling five picks in the first half took the energy out of the Bills more than anything else.

Me too.  Yet they were able to muster enough energy to score 17 points in the second half.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I think it is. I know you guys probably don’t know what internet is in Rochester so I’ll Google Map it for you.

have you downloaded google maps with your dial up connection? i assume you have a dial up connection because you live in idaho.

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

It's smart, if he's a deer in the headlights, let his sit and learn. If he light's it up, give him another game. 

If he's a deer in the headlights, you drafted the wrong guy.

Play someone else and ramp up the college QB scouting program.

23 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Nothing like putting the pressure on the young man from Fireball, Wyoming.  Beane is a hard ass (which, I suppose, is better than the half-baked GM who preceded him). 

Fireball is in Oklahoma... 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DulluAsZEVNM&ved=0ahUKEwigt6rC6cfcAhXmiVQKHfjOAZcQo7QBCBwwAA&usg=AOvVaw0RCdQ6xn0K7Y80BURRUu0n

23 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Nothing like putting the pressure on the young man from Fireball, Wyoming.  Beane is a hard ass (which, I suppose, is better than the half-baked GM who preceded him). 

Some of Whaleys moves were good. It does not change the fact he always looks stoned. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FearLess Price said:

Some of Whaleys moves were good. It does not change the fact he always looks stoned. :lol:

Reportedly Whaley wanted to hire Coach McDermott in 2015. Coach McDermott was one of his choices in 2017 too.  Guess he should have checked to see McDermott's BFF was a wannabes GM.

Sorry, I think Whaley gets an undeserved bad wrap.  He left the Bills better than he found them.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If he's a deer in the headlights, you drafted the wrong guy.

Play someone else and ramp up the college QB scouting program.

Some of us don't live in world of absolutes. Sometimes young QBs need to sit a year and learn. It doesn't mean it was a wrong draft pick.

18 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Reportedly Whaley wanted to hire Coach McDermott in 2015. Coach McDermott was one of his choices in 2017 too.  Guess he should have checked to see McDermott's BFF was a wannabes GM.

Sorry, I think Whaley gets an undeserved bad wrap.  He left the Bills better than he found them.

Im not a whaley hater at all bro. I liked a lot of the moves. I jus think he always looks stoned. A stoner knows a stoner.

• Like (+1) 1

Love it. See if he thrives on pressure.

He should approach this game as if it's the Superbowl.

16 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Some of us don't live in world of absolutes. Sometimes young QBs need to sit a year and learn. It doesn't mean it was a wrong draft pick.

You're right. It is a black and white statement to make. I just don't see the difference between going in year 1 and struggling and learning.. vs getting the redshirt and going in year 2. In either scenario he should be just as good by year 2. So if he's the best quarterback on the roster and we sit him for that reason.. I'd be frustrated we're not feilding our best player based on a reason I've never seen evidence for (to be fair it's impossible to have the evidence for that side of the argument).

That's where I stand. The opionion that year 2 Josh Allen should be an improved Quarterback from year 1 Josh Allen, no matter how he was treated year 1.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

4 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Love it. See if he thrives on pressure.

He should approach this game as if it's the Superbowl.

You're right. It is a black and white statement to make. I just don't see the difference between going in year 1 and struggling and learning.. vs getting the redshirt and going in year 2. In either scenario he should be just as good by year 2. So if he's the best quarterback on the roster and we sit him for that reason.. I'd be frustrated we're not feilding our best player based on a reason I've never seen evidence for (to be fair it's impossible to have the evidence for that side of the argument).

That's where I stand. The opionion that year 2 Josh Allen should be an improved Quarterback from year 1 Josh Allen, no matter how he was treated year 1.

It's not a unreasonable take.  But some QBs have responded well to a first year redshirt. Anxious to see what Mahomes does.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen needs more time. WITH THE ONES AND TWOS

Fixed.  This kid showed a lot out there today despite no help from those around him.  Mistakes, penalties, lack of run through by WR's, etc hurt the offense.  

I want to see him get some time with the better players.  At least a couple series with the 1's.  Let AJM start next week, pull him after the 1st quarter and let Allen play a couple series before they take the rest of the ones out next week.  

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fixed.  This kid showed a lot out there today despite no help from those around him.  Mistakes, penalties, lack of run through by WR's, etc hurt the offense.  

I want to see him get some time with the better players.  At least a couple series with the 1's.  Let AJM start next week, pull him after the 1st quarter and let Allen play a couple series before they take the rest of the ones out next week.  

May not happen.